Focus 2002 repair help - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
JrgA82
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119529
FF Reputation: 1 JrgA82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus 2002 repair help

I have had my focus for quite some time now... I was one in the waiting list to buy the car back then... Lol...

Now the car needs a huge engine repair.

I do not want to change the engine, buying the engine for it is way to expensive here in the DR. I have seen engine repair kits that claim to be good, can anyone recommend wich one and where to buy (I have access to buy parts in the states and in canada)

I have a 2002 SE 4 door sedan with a 2.0 split port engine focus Vin P.

Any suggestions?

Jorge A.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using FF Mobile

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Jorge,

Check out the "SPI Performance" area for more info. on that engine, there's a LOT of info there in old threads on repairs for the common issues (dropped valve seat etc.).

That section & the General Tech section are better places to post specific questions to get quicker responses by the way.

Luck!

S.R. #275

Old 10-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Jorge,
What is wrong with your SPI?

The most common major engine problem is the dropped valve seat. feel free to browse the SPI forum for details. If that is the issue, there are several treads about how to repair the issue without fulling replacing the motor.

A lot depends on the problem you are having, and how bad it is on your specific engine. I would not waste money on a kit until you know exactly what you need and what you don't.

Feel free to ask any questions you have. we will be happy to help out. Just need more info to get started.

Welcome to the SPI forum!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
rnewscates
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97162
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SPI, 1978 Lotus Esprit

FF Reputation: 1 rnewscates Good Standing Member
Jorge, Just rebuilt an SPI myself - take the head off first and see how it looks, you may be able to get away with just replacing the head with a rebuilt one, plus head gasket, and do the front crank seal in-situ and timing belt and idler and water pump while you are at it. However if a piston looks too beat up it may have broken the piston and even bent a rod as well (mine was) - if that is the case pull the engine out, put it on a stand and replace the (std size) pistons and rings and lightly hone the cylinders and replace the main and rod bearings and rear main seal as well - even with all this it should cost less than $1,000 to do including gaskets and seals by assembling it yourself. Good Luck

Bookmarks & Social Networks