Radical ideas for my focus? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #21
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you want to do a transmission swap, find the 4spd auto from the 09-10 SES coupe: shorter final drive = quicker acceleration. Besides that, mtx-75 or bust!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #22
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
Just because I feel like it should be said:

Focus ST wheels = $600ish used
Tires = $500-600 for cheaper models
hub/rotor/brake swap = $1500+
Trans swap = $3000+

having absolutely zero performance or aesthetic improvement over stock = priceless

If you really want to make your car stand out, go get a 3d carbon body kit, and throw some fifteen52 wheels on it. Bonus points if you do a SVT rear disc conversion, and throw a set of wilwood or brembos up front.

Still cheaper, and I guarantee your car will turn alot more heads.

On a side note, I have absolutely no idea why anybody would consider a transmission swap on an automatic. If you aren't shifting the gears, and you aren't concerned about performance, what the heck difference does it make?

Just my point of view mate. I think you need to be more critical about your ideas before you post them up in a forum. You are kind of opening yourself up for ridicule

Funny that you should say these things. 3d carbon kit is on my list for sure. I just gotta get the SES rear bumper to match that way I can get the full kit.

Also funny that you suggest the fifteen52 wheels. I was just looking at a set of the tarmacs and I think I'm gonna go that route. I will be doing a rear disc swap for sure. Maybe one day if money is readily available I may do an actual 5 lug swap and run some te37s or something like that but I think the tarmacs will do me quite fine. That being said I think I'm gonna re route my plans for this up coming year and just get my wheels and then work from there. I was going for more engine and cosmetic but I really want wheels. So I think I'm gonna go that route first.
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #23
ak609
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 116022
What I Drive: 2008 black focus coupe

FF Reputation: 1 ak609 Good Standing Member
The new sho twin turbo v6 swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha took it to my local tuner and he wont stop throwing the idea at me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using FF Mobile
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
1slofofo
Adam

Fan#: 92422
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
It's great that you want the DCT, but imo it's not worth it. ViperThreat made good points. I think that wheels make the biggest difference from my experience. I like to think mine look pretty decent, and people always ask what kind they are.

Besides, you have blue wheels, when I had blue wheels I think a few people broke their necks.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slofofo View Post
It's great that you want the DCT, but imo it's not worth it. ViperThreat made good points. I think that wheels make the biggest difference from my experience. I like to think mine look pretty decent, and people always ask what kind they are.

Besides, you have blue wheels, when I had blue wheels I think a few people broke their necks.
The blue wheels do catch attention for sure. Lots of people ask the same thing. And I'm always like yeah those are the stock wheels lol. But whenever I can save up and get my tarmacs I'm gonna do them in blue. I think that would make Ken Block proud. Besides, I like the blue and thats what matters. but I need aftermarket wheels for sure if I want to continue to be in the show scene.
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.

Bookmarks & Social Networks