Crane Stage 2 cams - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
lostsoul23m
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119006
What I Drive: 2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 lostsoul23m Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Crane Stage 2 cams

Because this is my DD currently and my fun car, will these cams impact the car so as to not make it daily drivable? I have another vehicle I can drive, but this is my preferred mode of transportation and my fun on the weekend as well. Car will be completely NA, until I can afford a turbo upgrade in a year or two.

http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepart...-3-69p3739.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 10,552, Level 68
Points: 10,552, Level: 68 Points: 10,552, Level: 68 Points: 10,552, Level: 68
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 59 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Yeah those would work w/ other mods. What other mods do you have? The crane 224-0010 would do wonders. Great for a DD. Thats what I have in my 23.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 10-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
lostsoul23m
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119006
What I Drive: 2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 lostsoul23m Good Standing Member
I currently have an OBX header, FSWERKS race exhaust (loud, just how I like it), and the Steeda SRI. I am saving for a tune w/ Tom and have plans to drop in a Cosworth IM, a set of cams, CFM under drive pulleys, and a CFM 67mm TB to replace the plastic stock TB. After all the engine mods are done I am going to work on the transmission, Quaife LSD and replace the clutch and flywheel. Then some minor body mods and lowering. Ambitious I know, but everyone needs a hobby. Mine just happens to be getting expensive albeit worthwhile, at least to me.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,368, Level 57
Points: 7,368, Level: 57 Points: 7,368, Level: 57 Points: 7,368, Level: 57
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul23m View Post
I currently have an OBX header, FSWERKS race exhaust (loud, just how I like it), and the Steeda SRI. I am saving for a tune w/ Tom and have plans to drop in a Cosworth IM, a set of cams, CFM under drive pulleys, and a CFM 67mm TB to replace the plastic stock TB. After all the engine mods are done I am going to work on the transmission, Quaife LSD and replace the clutch and flywheel. Then some minor body mods and lowering. Ambitious I know, but everyone needs a hobby. Mine just happens to be getting expensive albeit worthwhile, at least to me.
You do like it loud, obx header into race exhaust Adding cams will add to that too. A free performance mod, if you can live with it, is gutting the interior
Old 10-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #5
Vincent
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62713
What I Drive: 2013 ST and 2005 Turbo ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 Vincent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You said you might put a turbo kit. I put stage 2 cams in my then the turbo and I was told that the stock cams actually perform better with a turbo. I did notice a loss of some power at the lower end of the power band but top end was excellent. Check with any of the folks you are considering for a tune before you add the cams for some advice on this.
2005 ZXW - FS Stg 2 Turbo Kit, CFM 67mm t-body, Cosworth Stg 2 Cams, Crower Springs and Retainers, CFM Underdrive Pulleys, FS 2.25" Turbo back, EBC Discs, Hawk Pads, Eibach Sways, H&R Springs, Falken Wheels, VIS CF Hood

Bookmarks & Social Networks