Performance Chip - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
White_Focus_ST
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117254
What I Drive: 2013 White Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 White_Focus_ST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow I wish that j had known this conversation was so going on haha. I didn't mean to abandon you guys. I wound up doing more research into all of it and I really like What Cobb is doing for this car. As far as tuning goes I'm trying not to void my warranty right away haha.

I think as far as mods go. I think I'm going to start with a cat back exhaust. Does that void anything?

Also does tuning leave evidence behind if I erase the tune?

Last edited by White_Focus_ST; 08-08-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #12
20Focus13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92454
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3,2012 GT500 750HP

FF Reputation: 1 20Focus13 Good Standing Member
I cannot really say if there is any way Ford can tell but I own a Accessport and from what I was told from them, when you restore your ECU to original and drive the car to have it relearn your driving habits, it is hard to detect anything.

I have COBB's induction, and plan on getting Ford Racing's exhaust since they state it is legal across all states. I really do not like LOUD but just a slight more sound.

Did you guys also get Ford started on getting the RMM update parts ordered for your cars. I called my dealer and they are still waiting for 2 items so be sure to get it done, even if you have changed the RMM since they add more parts. I guess you members that have changed the RMM already, just put the old one back on and get the mod and then put the RMM you bought back on if you want.

TSB 13-6-10

PART NUMBER PART NAME
CM5Z-6068-A Roll Restrictor
DV6Z-7A512-B Clutch Line PTL
DV6Z-6038-B Engine Mount
DV6Z-6068-A Transmission Mount
W500361-S442 Bolt - Transmission Mount
W716238-S442 Bolt - Roll Restrictor
PM-20 Motorcraft® DOT 4 LV High Performance Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid
2013 Focus ST ST3
Old 08-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Focus13 View Post
I cannot really say if there is any way Ford can tell but I own a Accessport and from what I was told from them, when you restore your ECU to original and drive the car to have it relearn your driving habits, it is hard to detect anything.

I have COBB's induction, and plan on getting Ford Racing's exhaust since they state it is legal across all states. I really do not like LOUD but just a slight more sound.

Did you guys also get Ford started on getting the RMM update parts ordered for your cars. I called my dealer and they are still waiting for 2 items so be sure to get it done, even if you have changed the RMM since they add more parts. I guess you members that have changed the RMM already, just put the old one back on and get the mod and then put the RMM you bought back on if you want.

TSB 13-6-10

PART NUMBER PART NAME
CM5Z-6068-A Roll Restrictor
DV6Z-7A512-B Clutch Line PTL
DV6Z-6038-B Engine Mount
DV6Z-6068-A Transmission Mount
W500361-S442 Bolt - Transmission Mount
W716238-S442 Bolt - Roll Restrictor
PM-20 Motorcraft® DOT 4 LV High Performance Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid
Be aware that you have to make sure they bleed it properly, and to check that they reassembled it correctly. I had to take the car back to rebleed the brakes and clutch. It's slightly better but the clutch still feels different afterwards. The mounts feel better though.
I don't know why they have to tamper with the system though.

Ford can tell if you've tuned the car if the dealer suspects that the issue is related to a modification.

I had to wait 49 days to get the parts in and 52 before they installed them. I had to return Monday to have them fix the car again. They claim it's normal now but Idk.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #14
San Juan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107720
What I Drive: ST3 in Performance Blue

Points 269, Level 5
Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5 Points: 269, Level: 5
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 San Juan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Be aware that you have to make sure they bleed it properly, and to check that they reassembled it correctly. I had to take the car back to rebleed the brakes and clutch. It's slightly better but the clutch still feels different afterwards. The mounts feel better though.
I don't know why they have to tamper with the system though.

Ford can tell if you've tuned the car if the dealer suspects that the issue is related to a modification.

I had to wait 49 days to get the parts in and 52 before they installed them. I had to return Monday to have them fix the car again. They claim it's normal now but Idk.
The new clutch line has a restrictor in it so dumping the clutch won't torque the motor mounts as much
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #15
20Focus13
Focus Enthusiast

So how many members have had the TSB 13-6-10 done to their cars?
If any member has had it done, was there any problems after they got it back?
What does bleeding the brakes have to do with the TSB 13-6-10 install?
2013 Focus ST ST3
Old 08-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Juan View Post
The new clutch line has a restrictor in it so dumping the clutch won't torque the motor mounts as much
The old one had a restrictor in the line as well, so short of making it more restrictive that shouldn't be an issue.

That's not exactly the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Focus13 View Post
So how many members have had the TSB 13-6-10 done to their cars?
If any member has had it done, was there any problems after they got it back?
What does bleeding the brakes have to do with the TSB 13-6-10 install?
I've had the TSB done already, and the mounts are much better than before, however I've had to take the car back once already as the brakes and the clutch were soft and spongy afterwards. The clutch still feels odd now, but the brakes are much better than they were immediately after they returned the car after the service bulletin the first time.

You have to bleed the brakes and the clutch hydraulics as part of the TSB states that the clutch hydraulics need to be bled.

Quote:
Replace the clutch slave cylinder hydraulic tube with revised service part. (Figure 3 - Item 12)
Bleed the clutch system. Refer to WSM, Section 308-02, general procedures, 6 speed manual transmissions.
In opening the hydraulics it interferes with the brakes as well as the clutch hydraulics since both use the same reservoir for brake fluid. So if you get air in one you can get air into both systems in one fell swoop. It's been one of the more common failures of the dealers after fixing the car.

This and then the dealer also didn't put the sound symposer tube back together properly, and tried to tape the wire connector back to the T-Map sensor even though the wires were not damaged.

They replaced the missing fastener for the sound symposer with a screw or bolt as well. This was not the same as the original fastener as well, so I'd watch for them cutting corners on every single aspect of the job.

So for practical experience I'd recommend the service from a mount stand point, but I'd watch that they put the car back together properly as well as that they get the brakes and clutch properly bled afterwards.

Last edited by suss6052; 08-11-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #17
20Focus13
Focus Enthusiast

I think that I will print this message and take it with me to make sure that the Dealers Service Department is aware of these potential problems.

Thanks for the input.

Dave
2013 Focus ST ST3
Old 09-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #18
Vincent
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62713
What I Drive: 2013 ST and 2005 Turbo ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 Vincent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFocusST View Post
I have the Steeda tune. It really wakes the car up. The extra power and torque are great. Plus I have the security of knowing that Steeda works closely with FoMoCo so there won't be any warranty issues. Here is the link.
http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/focus-st-sct-tuner/
Great!!!! Thanks
2005 ZXW - FS Stg 2 Turbo Kit, CFM 67mm t-body, Cosworth Stg 2 Cams, Crower Springs and Retainers, CFM Underdrive Pulleys, FS 2.25" Turbo back, EBC Discs, Hawk Pads, Eibach Sways, H&R Springs, Falken Wheels, VIS CF Hood
Old 10-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #19
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post
U said performance chip?!?!?! Oh no! Lol flashback to 02' and the 1st ff movie
Sounds odd but you will find in many car forums that when someone gets a new performance tune for their car, they will say they got their car "chipped."

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.