Has anyone ever had their Recaros repaired after the side airbag deployed? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Focus SVT

Focus SVT The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK1 2002-2004 Focus SVT.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
OhioFocusChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101077
What I Drive: 2001 Milano Red Honda Prelude

FF Reputation: 1 OhioFocusChick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Has anyone ever had their Recaros repaired after the side airbag deployed?

I have a set of Recaors that are in good condition, other than the fact that both side airbags deployed. Has anyone had their Recaors repaired after the airbag went off? If so, what did it cost? I'd really hate to just let them sit and collect dust or end up in a landfill.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
bd8134
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105849
What I Drive: FST

FF Reputation: 1 bd8134 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My son had an SVT he crashed and then parted out. On one seat the airbag deployed. We looked around and there were various companies that repair them. One is on ebay though I do not know if they are any good. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANY-FORD-CAD...7f2214&vxp=mtr Only 2 feedbacks.. He sold the seats to someone in Canada who used them in a non-side airbag Focus.
The airbag module then needs to be reset or replaced. It cant be reset at a Ford dealer if a hard error or air bag deployment happened. My son actually bought a new module and then you have to get it programmed at a Ford dealer, about $90. There are companies that also advertise resetting the module. There is this one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-FORD-SRS...446a9b&vxp=mtr This bunch have a lot better feedback rating. Maybe going this route you will not need to get the module reprogrammed at Ford.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
davr89
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106638
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 davr89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i bought a complete EAP recaro interior with the driver side airbag blown over last winter.

it cost me 75 bucks to buy a blue/black svt seat from the wreckers to salvage the air bag out of.

dropped the recaro seat and the air bag off at an upholstery shop and they charged me 100bucks cash to install the new bag and stick it up... they had to order special thread thats weaker that will rip in the event of a bag deployment. i have hundreds of people look at the seam and not know anything was repaired.

Bookmarks & Social Networks