help me out please!! - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
focusme13
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115653
What I Drive: 2003 ford focus zx3 silver

FF Reputation: 1 focusme13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
help me out please!!

hi I have a 2003 ford focus zx3 I have done some mods for now like teinn springs , kyb shocks, secret weapon dragon air intake, I want to put headers on but I also want to do a supercharger on it and I'm havering a hard time finding one for my car I know vortech does one which it looks ugly , jackson racing does another one , and power works does another one either way I can't find any available brand new, other people tell me go with a turbo, that's why I'm holding he headers back just in case I decide to go with turbo, only problem turbo you have to modify the engine a lot..... can you guys help me out finding a supercharger ?
and btw somebody told me that it's better to get the zx3 version of the focus than the svt one why?
all help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
good luck on an sc. jackson and pw havent made one in many years. I don't think votec has either.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
bile0026
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97349
What I Drive: 2009 Amber Gold Metalic Focus

FF Reputation: 7 bile0026 Good Standing Member
This^^^ I don't know of any SC being made anymore.

Best bet is to keep an eye on the BST section and look for someone selling a used SC. If you are wanting to do something "quick" (not have to wait for someone to sell a really rare item) I would go turbo. If you go with FSWerks they can get you a reliable turbo setup without having to go crazy on the engine.

Just remember the basic concept of TC and SC is the same. Force compressed air into the engine. If you were to make a large amount of power with a SC you would still want to upgrade pistons, cams, etc... Just because you have a SC doesn't mean you are safe and don't have to worry about the engine, other than the fact that SC for the Focus don't make a great deal of power.

If you eventually want to go big HP go turbo now and you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble. Once you are setup with a turbo you can upgrade the turbo and retune to make more power. Then upgrade engine internals + tune = more power. FSWerks can set you up with a safe and reliable DD setup, or get you into a "high power" drag car.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 44 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Moved to: Zetec Performance
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 20 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Stock internals can handle 240 whp.

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 09-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 152 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Agree you dont have to modify the engine to run a turbo

Turbo psi to psi vs SC the turbo will always be faster on the Focus

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 09-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
focusme13
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115653
What I Drive: 2003 ford focus zx3 silver

FF Reputation: 1 focusme13 Good Standing Member
I know fswerks has a turbo kit for like $ 2000 + how much will it be on average to install this like take it to a mechanic and install the whole set up?
and anybody has any spoon wing for the top of the trunk is think is called spoon wing anything for sale any color prolly going to plasti-dip that

also maybe somebody knows my car gets overheated when I'm idle after more than 30 min drive if I'm idle for more than 5 min it's starts to overheat, accelerate a little bit and it goes back to normal, A/C on nothing gets overheated...... I changed the fan resistor/ relay a couple of weeks before because they told me it was that..... also when car is hot not overheating my car fluids(Coolant, power steering fluid)are raised from the level that was on and it goes back down once car gets cool is that normal???

thanks for all replies!!!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
02rsv02zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114073
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 02rsv02zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Fluid level will expand with heat... So to some extent it should be normal... Overheating could be from a lot of stuff... Are the fans kicking on? Or not at all? Also are u loosing fluid? If your loosing fluid... Could be thermostat housing(pretty common) or could be leaking hose.. Could be head gasket... If the fans aren't kicking on try the fan plugs in between the fans... I looked at a focus and almost bought it before I got mine but it was doing the same thing... I walked and the seller claimed a week later he fixed it and that the exhaust manifold heat had melted the fan plug and kept it from kicking on( don't kno if that really was the case but something to check)... Also check your radiator cap... Believe it or not that can cause air to get into the system... The car cooling off when u accelerate is because the cooler fluid from radiator is now being circulated thru the motor by your water pump... Or there is a air bubble in the block and when u accelerate the fluid is pushes in and the air is circulating out of the block, cooling the engine... Just some food for Thot and some ideas to chase.. If I'm wrong on any of these I hope someone will correct me...

Bookmarks & Social Networks