06-11 dampers on 00-05? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
Pur Pony
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35217
What I Drive: 98 Explorer/89 TT Mustang/02 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Pur Pony Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
06-11 dampers on 00-05?

I know to fit 00-05 dampers and springs on a 06+ you need the massive omni kit..... (the omni kit if for what??? springs or dampers or both??)

but is there anyway to put 06-11 dampers and springs on a 00-05???

will 00-05 springs fit 06+ dampers?

thanks

'06 Explorer EB 4x4
'02 Focus Sedan - FRPP springs/ KYB Adjustable shocks/struts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pur Pony View Post
I know to fit 00-05 dampers and springs on a 06+ you need the massive omni kit..... (the omni kit if for what??? springs or dampers or both??)
For the struts.
but is there anyway to put 06-11 dampers and springs on a 00-05???
Yeah, change out the spindles. But why, the earlier setup gives you alot more choices.
will 00-05 springs fit 06+ dampers?
No.
thanks
What are you trying to do?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Pur Pony
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35217
What I Drive: 98 Explorer/89 TT Mustang/02 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Pur Pony Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Felix- i know we were talking on PM but let me put this out there for others as well.

I just bought an 02 focus and im looking to set it up for handling but at the lowest cost possible.

I was going to go with FRPP lowering springs and KYB AGX dampers.... which would run me around $440. I was also planning on doing new moog lower control arms with ball joints and bushing... and the price is the same for 00-04 or 05... so if i bought 05 arms I get the larger ball joints. Then i could buy used spindles/knuckles/calipers for an 06 local for $100.... this would allow me to run the larger 05+ brakes (which im buying new rotors and pads anyways for 00-04 so..) and also allow me to run the larger diameter dampers. With the FRPP deal going on right now for the same price as the FRPP/KYB combo for an 00-04, I can get the FRPP springs/FRPP Tokico dampers/ 06 spindles/knuckles/calipers...

advantage - larger ball joints, larger brakes, larger dampers.....

anything im missing?

or I go with the Eibach "kit" for a 00-05?-

what to do...
'06 Explorer EB 4x4
'02 Focus Sedan - FRPP springs/ KYB Adjustable shocks/struts
Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
The simple answer is no as they made changes to the dampers and springs in the front.

You can fit 00-05 springs and struts to 06-11 cars with an adapter sold by one of vendors, Massive speed systems.
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pur Pony View Post
Felix- i know we were talking on PM but let me put this out there for others as well.

I just bought an 02 focus and im looking to set it up for handling but at the lowest cost possible.

I was going to go with FRPP lowering springs and KYB AGX dampers.... which would run me around $440. I was also planning on doing new moog lower control arms with ball joints and bushing... and the price is the same for 00-04 or 05... so if i bought 05 arms I get the larger ball joints. Then i could buy used spindles/knuckles/calipers for an 06 local for $100.... this would allow me to run the larger 05+ brakes (which im buying new rotors and pads anyways for 00-04 so..) and also allow me to run the larger diameter dampers. With the FRPP deal going on right now for the same price as the FRPP/KYB combo for an 00-04, I can get the FRPP springs/FRPP Tokico dampers/ 06 spindles/knuckles/calipers...

advantage - larger ball joints, larger brakes, larger dampers.....

anything im missing?

or I go with the Eibach "kit" for a 00-05?-

what to do...
The frpp's Dynamic damper kits, M-18000-ZXM & ZXM1 are the same price. So what your doing it all boils down to the springs= if you ever want to change them out, if you went the '06+ way, your stuck w/ those vs getting the dynamic dampers for the earlier cars & use '05 only spindles. To me its a no brainer to use the '05 only spindles w/ what ever spring/damper combo & of course you'd need to get bigger tapered ball joints or '05+ arms & those '05 spindles will take any BBK you want to use. The '05 only spindle allows you to use the popular '00-'05 spring/damper combo, bigger ball joints & the svt brake kit or any BBK.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Bookmarks & Social Networks