Adding fog lights in a car that didn't come with them - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2008, 01:24 AM   #41
Sn4ckM4st3r
Banned

Fan#: 24432
What I Drive: 2002 Stealth ZX3

FF Reputation: 91 Sn4ckM4st3r Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I need daylight however so they will be up tomorrow lol.

WIPER DELETE+RAIN= Amazing
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #42
WagN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41378
What I Drive: 2004 ZTW Wagon 2.3

Points 60, Level 1
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 WagN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I found mine by accident when I was under the car changing the oil.. I have the 2.3L, not sure if harness is exactly the same..
Old 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #43
oldpunk78
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58269
What I Drive: 2006 ZX4

FF Reputation: 4 oldpunk78 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by disciplerocks View Post
^exactly, I need to know where the hell the plugs are hidden at. Please, anyone have a pic of where these come off the main harness so I can find them.
alright, this off a 2006 so it might be different than yours but worth a shot. also, sorry for the poor pic quality sometimes my phone takes good pics, and sometimes it doesn't. the silver thing is my intake, and rectangle thing is the horn.

edit - i think that's the plug, i guess i could have forgot to plug something back in after installing the intake, lol.

also - jack up the front of your car. take off the big plastic shield and i bet they are plain as day...
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #44
krazyk86cu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64457
What I Drive: 2004 SSM Mazda3

FF Reputation: 1 krazyk86cu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
hey, I know this is an old thread, but I just installed OEM fogs on my gf's focus and the only part I'm missing is the relay. Anybody know where I can get one?

I found this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RELAY...=p4506.c0.m245

would ^ that one work fine?
OEM MS3 stubby antenna*Mazda3 pedals
dual 12" Memphis PR subs*500w M-class amp
Old 08-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #45
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 12,855, Level 74
Points: 12,855, Level: 74 Points: 12,855, Level: 74 Points: 12,855, Level: 74
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
I would say to get a relay from Ford or an autoparts store so that way you have a warranty of some kind on it in case it doesn't work. A lot of the things you order from ebay have some sort of shifty warranty or none at all as is the case with this one. Would probably cost you nearly the same as buying it off of ebay but you have the assurance that if it doesn't work you can always take it back and get one that does.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #46
Necrophelia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119346
What I Drive: 2000 Wagon SE Rainforest green

FF Reputation: 1 Necrophelia Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just installed fog lights in my focus. It didn't have them stock but I have the fuse, the relay, the switch and they are plugged in. The don't work. I got the relay from a junkyard could it be broken?
Old 12-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #47
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Points 744, Level 14
Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Old thread, but these questions should still be applicable:

My 2002 SE Sedan did not come with fog lights. I am considering adding them. I would use them mostly as driving lights, not fog lights. I looked at a 2001 Focus with fog lights on a used car lot just to see how they worked, but wasn't impressed with the way they looked on the car. In my opinion, the Gen I doesn't NEED the fog lights, unlike the current 2011-up Gen does.

Questions:
  • How much difference do these make performance (lighting) wise? If they don't add a lot of light over just the headlights, there isn't much point adding them, since the looks don't do that much for me?
  • For parts, I can find new aftermaket lower grille for $40 from Rock Auto, TYC Housing for $14 (both sides) from Rock Auto, Bulbs for $6 from RockAuto, Switch for $25 from E-bay, fuse is negligible and I'll probably use a wire to bypass the relay. Is there anything else I would need - it seems like there should be some bolts or brackets, but I didn't see them mentioned?
Old 12-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #48
FreeFocus
SPI Not Dropped Club

Fan#: 112674
What I Drive: 2002 SPI FOCUS

Points 9,932, Level 66
Points: 9,932, Level: 66 Points: 9,932, Level: 66 Points: 9,932, Level: 66
Level Up 71% Completed
Level up: 71% Level up: 71% Level up: 71%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 3 FreeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
Old thread, but these questions should still be applicable:

My 2002 SE Sedan did not come with fog lights. I am considering adding them. I would use them mostly as driving lights, not fog lights. I looked at a 2001 Focus with fog lights on a used car lot just to see how they worked, but wasn't impressed with the way they looked on the car. In my opinion, the Gen I doesn't NEED the fog lights, unlike the current 2011-up Gen does.

Questions:
  • How much difference do these make performance (lighting) wise? If they don't add a lot of light over just the headlights, there isn't much point adding them, since the looks don't do that much for me?
  • For parts, I can find new aftermaket lower grille for $40 from Rock Auto, TYC Housing for $14 (both sides) from Rock Auto, Bulbs for $6 from RockAuto, Switch for $25 from E-bay, fuse is negligible and I'll probably use a wire to bypass the relay. Is there anything else I would need - it seems like there should be some bolts or brackets, but I didn't see them mentioned?
Here is where I got mine from->http://www.qdmautomotive.com/ford-li...85btf6ap730po2. It is all legit too. Ford factory dates and numbers on them. Its everything that you need. More detailed than what you might think. Comes with installation guide and all. Mine was $98 on Ebay from them.
-Yes, at night they shine more to the side and nice in raining conditions and fog. They aren't going to add a lot of light because they are so low to the ground. Depending on if you aim them correctly or put HID's in them.
-As for brackets. No you don't need any of that. All you should need if I remember is a screw driver and a couple different sockets for ground, battery, etc. and drill to go through the firewall.

May want to contact them as they might not have any left. Website is still the same from when i ordered them. So i don't think it will show the kit, but they should have it.

Found them!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-2...-/271684457017
|SR #289 | FOCUS EXTREME | Betsy the SPI |
Old 12-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #49
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Points 744, Level 14
Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Hmmmn - I don't plan to add HID to them, and I'm not really THAT worried about fog - but would like more light shining to the side.

If I understand correctly, I think my car is pre-wired, so I shouldn't need the wiring harness or drilling through the firewall.

That is a GREAT price on that kit at $98 shipped for all new Ford parts, though.

As I said, RockAuto was about $60 for aftermarket grilles and fogs before shipping and E-bay was $25 for a USED headlight switch - so that is almost the same price for new and genuine OEM.

Thank you very much for the link!!!
Old 12-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #50
FreeFocus
SPI Not Dropped Club

Fan#: 112674
What I Drive: 2002 SPI FOCUS

Points 9,932, Level 66
Points: 9,932, Level: 66 Points: 9,932, Level: 66 Points: 9,932, Level: 66
Level Up 71% Completed
Level up: 71% Level up: 71% Level up: 71%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 3 FreeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
Hmmmn - I don't plan to add HID to them, and I'm not really THAT worried about fog - but would like more light shining to the side.

If I understand correctly, I think my car is pre-wired, so I shouldn't need the wiring harness or drilling through the firewall.

That is a GREAT price on that kit at $98 shipped for all new Ford parts, though.

As I said, RockAuto was about $60 for aftermarket grilles and fogs before shipping and E-bay was $25 for a USED headlight switch - so that is almost the same price for new and genuine OEM.

Thank you very much for the link!!!
Not a problem, just helping a member out on what I knew and did. If they were prewired then that would be great! Have you looked under the car to see if they are taped up anywhere? I wasn't as lucky...

But yeah, if you have them prewired then the grille and fogs, switch would be all you need.

Good luck!
|SR #289 | FOCUS EXTREME | Betsy the SPI |

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.