Question about 2014 ford focus ST3 - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #11
rjhansen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117983
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Gray SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 rjhansen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just remember, Gma's car is paid for. Why not drive it and continue to save. $8k is very nice. Perhaps you could put $400/mth away in a savings account for a year. Then you would have proven you can make the car/ins payment AND you would now have almost $13k for a down payment. Then you could trade in the other car, and use the focus for a winter car. :).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #12
Noob Saibot
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85179
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Noob Saibot Good Standing Member
That's an option for me too, which I'm honestly considering doing for, my mom just surprised me by paying me back for my 2010 ford fusion I gave her a year ago. Even though I told her not to so I think I'll keep saving for a little and see where I'm at next year.

Both cars are paid off for the year on insurance so in December/January I'll see where I'm at and if I have enough money I'll trade/sell them.

I wasn't expecting to get money for my 10 fusion so that puts me a little bit ahead now. If I save everything I'm getting by the end of october I should have over 13k in my savings, and then trade both in, and put 10 down and use the 3k for the first few months of car payment/insurance while still putting money in my savings.

I've been doing a lot of working with numbers and stuff the past few days, thanks for the help everyone :D
Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #13
roswelltop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83279
What I Drive: 2013 SGM SE HATCH, 5 Spd Man

FF Reputation: 1 roswelltop Good Standing Member
Just out of curiosity---what does liability, collision and comprehensive insurance cost per year on a Focus ST, garaged in MA ? Gotta be through the roof, I would think.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #14
Noob Saibot
Focus Enthusiast

140 a month, anyway I went ahead and went through with the purchase. I got a 250 a month payment and basically the reason I went ahead and did it is because:

We decided to give the focus to my sister who is getting her license soon, and my civic with 120k miles I was able to sell privately for 9000 even so I went ahead put enough down to get my price down to 250 while still having money for my first 5 months payment. Also my mom decided to pay half of 250 a month for me for the first 3 years and the last 2 years of the loan I'm on my own which is fine. The reason she wanted to help was because I gave her my 2010 ford fusion when her car got messed up. So she returned the favor considering she's back on her feet and working full time now. so I only have to pay 125 for the first 3 years which is definitely doable, plus my insurance. So I picked up my car on Friday and didn't know I have 45 days till my first payment so now I can save up even more for it.

I'm loving the car a lot and don't miss my civic at all
Old 09-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
NissanAJ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49941
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black 2.3L ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 NissanAJ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
You should use that 5 months of car payments you have and pay down the principle to the bank. You should also continue paying 250 out of your pocket and use your moms check to put towards the principle. Just knock the payment out ASAP and do not buy any extra stuff on the car. ( Tune, Cold Air Intake, etc)...Yet.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
Noob Saibot
Focus Enthusiast

No mods planned and yeah I'm just excited everything is going so smoothly. Definitely want the car paid off asap though so I'll be working on that shortly :D
Old 11-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #17
Noob Saibot
Focus Enthusiast

Well everything seems to be going pretty good, car is almost paid off, and well I'm just going to make payments for the next year to build my credit and see how much is left on the payoff :D

A group for owners of any Ford vehicle ^_^

Bookmarks & Social Networks