Questions of drop in filter vs CAI (not a which is beter, just questions) - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
FamousMassacre
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104066
Location: San Antonio, United States
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Hatch

Posts: 222
FF Reputation: 1 FamousMassacre Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Why has no one taken the stock box and sealed it to the hood? Just extra plastic and weather stripping right?
FamousMassacre is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 11,638
FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousMassacre View Post
Why has no one taken the stock box and sealed it to the hood? Just extra plastic and weather stripping right?
Actually Roush has with their airbox lid kit for the N/A Focus.

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...ir-Intake.html



It isn't the cheapest way of doing so however.
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #13
MiTi91
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Fan#: 115532
Location: Detroit, MI
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Titanium

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 MiTi91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I used a piece of aluminum and sealed it to the box with some clear RTV
Could you recommend any other way to seal it? Would Great Stuff work? Only reason I ask is because I don't think I have any aluminum or RTV around. =)
MiTi91 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #14
bigliketexas
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 109094
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 13' SE|HB

Posts: 54
FF Reputation: 1 bigliketexas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I couldn't figure out how to get my resonator out. I just taped over it. I assume its performing the same concept as a delete since you cover the whole anyways.
bigliketexas is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
dyn085
That Guy
 
dyn085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98047
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

Posts: 11,306
FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTi91 View Post
Could you recommend any other way to seal it? Would Great Stuff work? Only reason I ask is because I don't think I have any aluminum or RTV around. =)
I haven't used the stuff but I don't see it working unless it dries completely solid. Every time you put a load on the engine it will try to suck it through the hole. Realistically speaking the resonator doesn't have to be deleted, I only did it for a little extra sound. If you still want to remove it, you can take the lid of a can and bend it to fit and then duct tape it onto the box. The duct tape will seal it and the lid will keep the duct tape from getting broken due to the suction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigliketexas View Post
I couldn't figure out how to get my resonator out. I just taped over it. I assume its performing the same concept as a delete since you cover the whole anyways.
To get it out, you have to take the bottom portion of the air filter box off of the resonator and out of the car. The resonator is attached to the body with one bolt.
__________________

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
dyn085 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
MiTi91
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Fan#: 115532
Location: Detroit, MI
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Titanium

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 MiTi91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I haven't used the stuff but I don't see it working unless it dries completely solid. Every time you put a load on the engine it will try to suck it through the hole. Realistically speaking the resonator doesn't have to be deleted, I only did it for a little extra sound. If you still want to remove it, you can take the lid of a can and bend it to fit and then duct tape it onto the box. The duct tape will seal it and the lid will keep the duct tape from getting broken due to the suction.
Wow.. Can't believe I didn't think of that.... I might have went up and ate a can of spaghettios :D
MiTi91 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.