Help wiring pioneer appradio - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Jayx21
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112991
What I Drive: Mk1 focus

FF Reputation: 1 Jayx21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Help wiring pioneer appradio

Okay so im gonna be getting an app radio in my focus

There is currently a sub wired into the stock head unit

If i were to get the wiring harness from ebay which includes fascia plate wiring harness and steering stalk controls would it just be a case of plug and play?

my subs wired by splicing into certain speaker wires on the stock unit but all the different colours of the wiring harness, the back of the stock stereo and the appradio is just confusing

manual is no help...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106032
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 jayboe123 Good Standing Member
More than likely the speaker wires that were being spliced were for a line out converter which turns speaker wire to RCA outputs for your amp. If this is what it is just use the preout for subs on the app radio and take the line out converter out hope this helps
Old 09-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Jayx21
Focus Rookie

Judging by what im seeing it seems theres nothing inputted into my amp via rca it seems to come from the "HIGh" plug which is carrying the signal for the sub
Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

That's the high input via speaker wire for I'm guessing a powered subwoofer so you will need to use the left and right rear speaker wires from the after market harness on the app radio should be the set of purple and green wires make your connections like normal to the harness adapter for the car. Just run your speaker wire input to your sub like it is normally and you should be able to control the volume of the sub by fading the volume to the front speakers.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Jayx21
Focus Rookie

Right so it would work if i just plugged it all in as it is but for the sake of getting the most out of my sub it'd be best to go

Factory wires>wiring harness>app radio

Then on the outputs do i take out the spliced wires & high input on the sub & use the app radios sub output wire that to the boot and plug that into the rca of the sub? Or for saving a bit of time splice an rca onto the ends of the cables that were spliced in the first place?

Is that right?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

As an installer I would unplug the high input speaker wires and undo the connections that were spliced get a set of twisted RCA cables and plug them into the sub preout on the pioneer deck and the other end to the low level input for your sub you'll be able to set crossovers and control the volume without fading. You don't need the speaker wire connections at all. Just remember if you have a high or low pass filter or both use either the one on the amp or the one on the deck not both
Old 09-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
Jayx21
Focus Rookie

Okay sounds about right. Obviously if my stock unit had an rca output for a sub in the first place it would just be a case of swapping it over..

But can i ask where do the wires that were spliced together go to because they're different wires that go into the high input of the sub amp?

If it possible to locate these would it be aceptable to just splice rca males onto the ends of it to save taking the car apart again to wire it from the deck to the sub amp in the boot?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

I would check and see where the wires go because someone could have possibly just butt connected another set of wires to the ones you see going to the sub and you can't splice into speaker wire to make it RCA output because it is an ac output you'll need a line out converter to do it and truthfully RCAs aren't too bad to run it'll take you maybe 20 minutes and would be the best choice
Old 09-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
Jayx21
Focus Rookie

Alright that will be the plan then!

Also does the wiring harness just plug straight into the pioneer decks wires or will it need crimping together?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

The pioneer harness should be small and black and will need a wiring harness adapter for the factory radio. If you want to do the bypass you'll need a relay and a toggle switch in order to watch movies due to pioneer upping their game so grounding the parking brake alone won't work. A few google searches will get you set.. Or Just be a law abiding citizen and do it legally lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks