Very close to getting a ST. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
Tripptallica
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74839
What I Drive: grey zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Tripptallica Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Very close to getting a ST.

Hey all, so iv been driving my 02 zx 3 for many many years. iv come to a point in my life that i AM sick of repairing my focus nonstop with such stupid issues. Iv been wanting to get a new car for a while. I was looking at mazda s3 and the ST.

Today i checked out a 2013 yellow st with the s2 package and with 607 miles on it. test drove it and WOW! feel in love. i sat down with the salesman who seemed like he was new because he knew nothing. I would be financing this car so the sticker window price for it was 28ish. he came down to about 24,600. The payment plans were about 350 a month with 5,000 down. does this seem right?

Will i have any luck shopping around for others or even trying to get this guy down even lower?

Iv never gone shopping for a new car before and this is all so hard for me to do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Tripptallica
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74839
What I Drive: grey zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Tripptallica Good Standing Member
on the dealers website they have the ST listed for 23,799.

When i test drove it, it had 602 miles on it. The wheels were FILTHY and the car had an empty cup in the cup holder along with finger prints EVERYWHERE. As well as a dunkin donuts recpit in the backseat with the location of the store 30+ miles away.

I think one of them at the dealer uses the car a lot so I am going to bug them about it to see if i can get some money off of it.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
HilloNative
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43548
What I Drive: '04 EAP Sonic Blue SVT, '04 Ranger

FF Reputation: 4 HilloNative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Shop around, specially with the 2014 already on sale. We just got one a few weeks ago, 2500 down and with 112 miles for 24750 and is a st3.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
tonythetiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82065
What I Drive: 2006 Silver MAZDASPEED 6

FF Reputation: 1 tonythetiger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripptallica View Post
Hey all, so iv been driving my 02 zx 3 for many many years. iv come to a point in my life that i AM sick of repairing my focus nonstop with such stupid issues. Iv been wanting to get a new car for a while. I was looking at mazda s3 and the ST.
I'm in the same boat. I'm struggling weekly to repair mine and keep it on the road.

I got quoted for about the same price (financing). I had $326/mo with 6000 down. I'm personally fine with the base package, as long as I have some place to plug in music, I'm good. I've had my fun with big sound systems and I feel that it's time to settle down. I'm after the higher performance anyway.

With that said, obviously, you can sacrifice some bells and whistles (HIDs, leather seats, navigation, etc.) to get a base model in your driveway for a more reasonable price. At any rate keep looking, and best wishes to you on finding a good deal.

Tony

2006 MAZDASPEED 6 Zoom-zoom!

So long, Focus Fanatics!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
I'm personally fine with the base package, as long as I have some place to plug in music, I'm good. I've had my fun with big sound systems and I feel that it's time to settle down. I'm after the higher performance anyway.

My experience is that when you're sitting at a light, crawling in traffic, cruising on a suburban street or cruising on the freeway, the extra HP buys you little or nothing but you can always enjoy a good sound system.

More power, better handling, better brakes, etc. are nice but are also essentially worthless 99% of the time.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
shineboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60173
What I Drive: 2013 ST, 2004 Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 shineboy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
My experience is that when you're sitting at a light, crawling in traffic, cruising on a suburban street or cruising on the freeway, the extra HP buys you little or nothing but you can always enjoy a good sound system.

More power, better handling, better brakes, etc. are nice but are also essentially worthless 99% of the time.
Maybe to some but not all
Old 09-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
tonythetiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82065
What I Drive: 2006 Silver MAZDASPEED 6

FF Reputation: 1 tonythetiger Good Standing Member
Quote:

I have to disagree. On ramps, green lights, passing, canyon roads... And the ST's factory system isn't that bad.

2006 MAZDASPEED 6 Zoom-zoom!

So long, Focus Fanatics!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:

I'd say it depends on where you live & how you drive. One of the reasons they have different models, for you a se, would work. I've always gone for the top model of all the vechicles, I've owned.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 09-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
wkosturko
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 117933
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 wkosturko Good Standing Member
I am completely satisfied with my ST1 package. It was great to see my dealer have this package on the lot. They tend to stock the ST3 package. ST1 is nicely equipped for a great price!

Attached Images

Old 01-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #10
Trackrider54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 135377
What I Drive: F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Trackrider54 Good Standing Member
Quote:

Couldn't disagree more.

Even if you aren't driving 9/10ths the limit, an engine with more power and torque is very nice to have. I've owned cars that bogged down when you turned on the A/C. You had to plan ahead for passing opportunities or just get stuck behind that slow grandma. Moving off from a stop light is much smoother and easier.

The 360hp V8 in my truck is damn nice even though I never two a trailer. If I need to get up and go, I can.

There have been many, many times where having power in reserve or better brakes have been a safety feature.

I've test driven an ST and a regular Focus. The 2.0 in the standard Focus is just a little weak. The Ecoboost in the ST is probably overkill. I wish Ford would put the 1.6 Ecoboost in the Focus Titanium. That would be an awesome combo.

Bookmarks & Social Networks