2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers - Page 16 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #151
13redfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118300
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus

FF Reputation: 1 13redfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First post from new member. Really appreciate all good info gleaned from this site. Just replaced front and rear doors speakers of six speaker sync system with pioneer coaxs. Also added infinity 445u power pack. Before i find out hard way will door mounted tweeters blow up or should i bother w/ putting in crossover or disconnect entirely? Am reasonably good w this stuff but no expert w individual components. Thanks for any help i can get.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #152
Noriceplease
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114146
What I Drive: 2013 SG SE 5SP

FF Reputation: 0 Noriceplease Newbie
Just saying if you don't want rattles don't get subs my car is a giant vibrator now that's I put my box in. Also who ever said the stock speakers are just as good as after market has no idea what there taking about have you ever pulled out the stock speakers lol. The Sony speakers head unit and subs in the titanium are garbage compared to cheaper after market options I'm not sure how much mft cost with the 10 speaker Sony system but I'm guessing it's a ridiculous amount...
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #153
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Points 744, Level 14
Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I "think" the door mounted tweeters are either crossed over in the head unit (unlikely) or have their own in-line capacitor connected.

I probably wouldn't run them off the KTP-445U - either disconnect them or leave them on the head unit.

$1500 (1495) for the Sony MFT system, on the SE - but that includes Navigation (but not the rear-view camera). On the Titanium, Sony and MFT are standard with RVC, but Navigation is $795 extra - so I guess you could look at it as $700 for just the Sony MFT system.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #154
Fuzzygreen
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 112148
What I Drive: 2013 ford focus

Points 290, Level 5
Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Fuzzygreen Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
MP3's always sound like junk on anything better than earbuds. Using an MP3 audio source to judge sound quality is like using a 30 year old 8 track tape. File compression In MP3's reduce dynamic range and the low end is non existent. It always cracks me up when people buy a song for 99 cents and it is an mp3/FLAC format. In reality it was worth about 10 cents.
This is not true. mp3's *can* sound VERY good. Most music these days especially pop music are already destroyed before its pressed onto the CD. it doesn't matter if you're ripping it with mp3 or flac or apple lossless or whatever, the sound quality is already destroyed. Also, FLAC is lossless as in bit perfect. if you can hear a difference then you surely have the golden ears.

take an average song, load it up into a wav editor and you'll see it's all garbage and distortion. ripping it with lossless doesn't fix that.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #155
zlexiss
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109746
What I Drive: 2013 SE HB

Points 56, Level 1
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 zlexiss Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzygreen View Post
This is not true. mp3's *can* sound VERY good. Most music these days especially pop music are already destroyed before its pressed onto the CD. it doesn't matter if you're ripping it with mp3 or flac or apple lossless or whatever, the sound quality is already destroyed.
What he said, google "loudness wars" for a good explanation.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #156
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Points 744, Level 14
Level Up 44% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
http://community.crutchfield.com/mp3...-fidelity-quot
Old 09-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #157
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95184
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

Points 131, Level 2
Points: 131, Level: 2 Points: 131, Level: 2 Points: 131, Level: 2
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
Nope! Where do you get your information that music is destroyed before it is pressed onto CD? Case in point: find complex music such as classical in an mp3 format. It either does not exist or the quality is poor to only fair. The best you can get is the quality of a cassette tape from 20 years ago.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #158
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Points 744, Level 14
Level Up 44% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
We are talking apples and oranges a bit here.

Fuzzygreens comment was about pop music - I like a lot of the bands, but if you look at Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nickelback, or even Remastered versions of bands from 20 years ago - there is zero dynamic range - and that is on the master CD before we talk about FLAC or .mp3 or anything else.

If you are talking about actual classical music - you really aren't going to do it justice in car audio with road noise and 6.5-inch speakers regardless of the format.

You will get the best quality with FLAC, but I highly doubt that you would be able to tell the difference in a car audio system between FLAC and 320 CBR MP3 ripped from the CD with Exact Audio Copy or similar.

The fact that most mp3's that you can buy (or download) are not ripped to that standard is not really a fault of the technology.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #159
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

Points 758, Level 14
Points: 758, Level: 14 Points: 758, Level: 14 Points: 758, Level: 14
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
$1500 (1495) for the Sony MFT system, on the SE - but that includes Navigation (but not the rear-view camera). On the Titanium, Sony and MFT are standard with RVC, but Navigation is $795 extra - so I guess you could look at it as $700 for just the Sony MFT system.
RVC (rear view camera) only came with the self parking system system.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #160
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
^ Well said Tiger-Heli.

JimsterG, either you like to exaggerate or you just don't understand the technology. FLAC is lossless (original) quality, and 320kbit/s MP3 (VBR or CBR) is much better quality than a cassette from 20 years ago. Dynamic range, frequency response, S/N ratio are well above the specifications of even a Type IV (metal) cassette.

Agreed, low-bitrate mp3s are poor quality, but we are not limited to listening to low-bitrate music in the Focus. So, there is no need to falsely generalize and state that all mp3 music is of poor quality.

Unfortunate mastering techniques used today in popular music (dynamic range compression) are what the "loudness wars" are about, mentioned above, and it's a travesty.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.