Ford Etis - Vehicle Software Listing - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Etis - Vehicle Software Listing

A new entry has appeared under "Outstanding Field Service Actions" on the Ford Etis site for my vehicle and it says "Vehicle Software Listing." It reads:

"Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further information."

When I click the link, it takes me to a Changes and Updates page, where it says:

"The information you requested is not available at this time."

Is anyone else getting this message, meaning that a software update is likely coming? If not, I guess it's related to the new clutch pack being installed Monday or Tuesday, along with the new software - I just didn't think it would be listed so quickly, if at all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7278 View Post
A new entry has appeared under "Outstanding Field Service Actions" on the Ford Etis site for my vehicle and it says "Vehicle Software Listing." It reads:

"Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further information."

When I click the link, it takes me to a Changes and Updates page, where it says:

"The information you requested is not available at this time."

Is anyone else getting this message, meaning that a software update is likely coming? If not, I guess it's related to the new clutch pack being installed Monday or Tuesday, along with the new software - I just didn't think it would be listed so quickly, if at all.
It doesn't have anything to do with new software released for MFT, the DCT or anything else.

You would need to have an account in order to see the as built software. The as built software is what the vehicle was loaded with from the factory.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
scott7278
Focus Addict

Why would it appear yesterday, then, if it didn't have anything to do with anything?

Sent from my HTC One using FF Mobile 4.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Why would it appear yesterday, then, if it didn't have anything to do with anything?

It didn't just appear yesterday, you may have only ever noticed it yesterday, but I've seen the line before yesterday.

In terms of categories once on the vehicle identification page on the left side it's always listed this.

Quote:
Vehicle Summary

FordService
Generate a FordService schedule
Vehicle Conversions
Body & Equipment Mounting Manual (BEMM)
Parts Catalog
www.fordecat.com
Rescue Cards
Download Rescue Cards
Outstanding Field Service Actions
12M02 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCO L INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)
Vehicle Software
Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further information.
Only for things such as the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor would it say something slightly different such as it can't access the GVIS (Or Government Vehicle Information System).

The listed FSA is merely a warranty extension on MFT that's been given out after they released an update for the vehicle.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
scott7278
Focus Addict

Maybe for you, but mine never has shown Vehicle Software, ever. Did you ever have a software update performed? Maybe it appears when the first change is made.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Maybe for you, but mine never has shown Vehicle Software, ever. Did you ever have a software update performed? Maybe it appears when the first change is made.

Never had the power train reflashed on this car, or my last one, but if I pulled up the ETIS page it would still tell me the software information requires a click through.

It's been like that longer than the sync software update was performed to the MFT computer, so it's not related in anyway to this in my experience.

There's the ETIS snap shot of my 2012 Focus SEL before I got the ST. No outstanding field service actions, yet it still shows a listing for the software information.

http://www.ford.co.uk/FordFleet/Afte...chnicalSupport

Quote:
Electronic technical information and services (Etis)
Ford Etis is our comprehensive technical information and services website.

It provides fast, online access to everything you need to know about servicing and repairing Ford vehicles.

We also make sure that all the information on the site is kept up-to-date, making it an easy way for you to get immediate help and support for your fleet.

Just some of the invaluable services available on Etis are:
Detailed mechanical repair and diagnostic procedures
Information on how to access the Ford online parts catalogue
Details of how to access the Ford technical hotline
Identification and ordering of the Special Service Tools necessary to carry out professional repairs
Information about vehicle pre-delivery inspection and routine servicing requirements
To see all the other services available on Ford Etis, and to find out how your fleet can benefit from this resource, please visit www.etis.ford.com

However, to get the most out of Ford Etis, you’ll need to identify your vehicle’s VIN.

VIN (chassis number) guide
We give every single Ford vehicle a unique VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).

Your Ford vehicle’s VIN number has several different uses:
Providing essential security
Making it easy to establish the exact build date of your vehicle
Enabling you to understand which dates in the Fleet National Pricing listings apply to your vehicle
Enabling you to work out exactly which parts of the Ford Etis website are most relevant to you
Old 08-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
suss6052
Focus Addict

Thread moved to Ford Focus & General Car Chat.

Bookmarks & Social Networks