Plasti-dip my 08 foci - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #41
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109943
What I Drive: 2008 focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Alptbird Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
good base of black, let dry, lay the liner over the black spray the grey through the liner and right after you spray the grey get the silver metalizer and dust the area then remove the liner befor everything dries. allow the grey to dry for about 10 min, then take the glosifier plastidip and spray it on like a clear coat and watch the Carbon fiber pop!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #42
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I did my taillights around the chrome edge like that with black plastidip at one point before I got some dark chrome ones(= the dark chrome ones are definitely worth it though!
Galatians 6:14
Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #43
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
I just don't understand why anyone would go out of their way to make their car look like a redneck primer paint job from the 80's. I think the Plastidip has its place, but this isn't really it.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #44
ak609
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 116022
What I Drive: 2008 black focus coupe

FF Reputation: 1 ak609 Good Standing Member
nice!!! mine is black not sure if i like it or not how hard was it?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #45
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
I think this looks pretty good. And thats good to know about not painting over plastidip. I had considered doing that because Ive noticed it just doesnt seem to hold up very well on the wheels. Did mine blaze blue and I notice it starts to fade quick. Although the last time I emptied a whole can on the two wheels that had faded bad and they seem to be doing alright. They sell plastidip clear was thinking of hitting them with a few more coats and using the clear. I would send the wheels off to get powdercoated but I need my car to drive so thats not a practical way to do it.
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #46
SKimpy007
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111599
What I Drive: 2009 Silver Focus SES 4 Door

FF Reputation: 1 SKimpy007 Good Standing Member
Not my kinda look, but it's good! Nice job
Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #47
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I went by pepboys earlier and they have every color and enhancer!!
Galatians 6:14
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #48
FocusTi1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117620
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 FocusTi1990 Good Standing Member
That is one nice neon green!..
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #49
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SVT View Post
I think this looks pretty good. And thats good to know about not painting over plastidip. I had considered doing that because Ive noticed it just doesnt seem to hold up very well on the wheels. Did mine blaze blue and I notice it starts to fade quick. Although the last time I emptied a whole can on the two wheels that had faded bad and they seem to be doing alright. They sell plastidip clear was thinking of hitting them with a few more coats and using the clear. I would send the wheels off to get powdercoated but I need my car to drive so thats not a practical way to do it.
For the Blaze blue PlastiDip has had a problem with the Blaze color because the Flouresent Pigments fade. but it is a flouresent issue . Most Flouresent colors be it screen print ink or digital ink the pigment fades. Dip your car.com has come up with a new Green to counter the blaze/monster green. and the orange blaze but they are working on the the other colors. if they could come up with a UV stabilizer that would help the colors stay more vivid.

as for the wheels and the standing up. i have found if they are not 100% clean an free of dirt prior to spraying they tend to bubble and peel. but the BDP(Brake dust Pro) Works like a champ! i love that stuff too.

Crice8 I will have to go by and see what they got. I heard they changed it over to the "Race shop" pepboys. need to go check it out.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #50
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

I have been thinking about getting the Anthricite Grey and spraying my whole car one color and then dipping the wheels the Classic Gold and the Glossing the wheels. or mixing the white and pearlizer and doing the gold wheels.

Bookmarks & Social Networks