NEW PRODUCT: Turbo Tech Racing Upper Engine Mount!!! - Page 13 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #121
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thank you sir my thoughts too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #122
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
I saw you guys offer UPS Ground shipping on the website. I'm away until the 4th and I want to order one but I don't want it to come before I get home... How long does shipping usually take. My zip code is 07932 if you need it.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #123
TurboTechRacing
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 100913
What I Drive: Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 TurboTechRacing Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
I saw you guys offer UPS Ground shipping on the website. I'm away until the 4th and I want to order one but I don't want it to come before I get home... How long does shipping usually take. My zip code is 07932 if you need it.
Ground takes 3 business days, so delivery ON the 4th you would want to order next Wednesday the 31st.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #124
MG_MK3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114522
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 0 MG_MK3 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
Instagram @miKeyGilmore #MK3SLöCUS
Old 07-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #125
I_go_for_Gs
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113640
What I Drive: 2013 White SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 I_go_for_Gs Good Standing Member
Been on vacation, so a little late on this review

The initial drive, wow, the vibes were crazy on start up. The whole dash was shaking and the steering wheel felt like it was attached to the engine. So I put on 50kms hoping that it would get better. Noticed that anything above idle to 1800rpm was the worst, windows up or down. Getting it past 2000rpm to 3000rpm the shakes were tolerable. But trying to see anything behind me with the rear view mirror, let's just say forget it. Now the engine note is pure awesome from 3000-redline

I now have just over 400kms with the engine mount and the vibes have calmed down from 1800-3000rpm. That is my normal cruising rpm. Anything above that I like the vibes and sound. The initial start up is still the same, feels like I have aluminum motor mounts installed. The vibes from just over idle to 1750rpm still shakes the dash and steering wheel. I am hoping that at around 1000kms, the vibes will only be on initial start up and it only rough vibes through the steering wheel below 1700rpm.

I read up that the older duratec motors, the torque ratings were 59lbs for the bolts on the engine side and 39lbs for the frame side. I set my torque wrench to 55lbs and tried to loosen the 18mm bolts. Torque wrench clicked but did not loosen the bolt. I dialed it up to 60lbs and as the torque wrench clicked the bolt loosened So I tightened the 18mm bolts to 60lft/lbs. Did the same procedure to the frame side, starting at 35lbs and ending up at 40lbs to break the 15mm loose. So I tightened the 15mm to 40ft/lbs.

p.s. I have pics on my hard drive, how do I attach to this post? it keeps asking me for a url? Can't I just add my images to this post?

Last edited by I_go_for_Gs; 07-27-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #126
XlarXlar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111735
What I Drive: 2013 PB Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 2 XlarXlar Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_go_for_Gs View Post
Been on vacation, so a little late on this review

The initial drive, wow, the vibes were crazy on start up. The whole dash was shaking and the steering wheel felt like it was attached to the engine. So I put on 50kms hoping that it would get better. Noticed that anything above idle to 1800rpm was the worst, windows up or down. Getting it past 2000rpm to 3000rpm the shakes were tolerable. But trying to see anything behind me with the rear view mirror, let's just say forget it. Now the engine note is pure awesome from 3000-redline

I now have just over 400kms with the engine mount and the vibes have calmed down from 1800-3000rpm. That is my normal cruising rpm. Anything above that I like the vibes and sound. The initial start up is still the same, feels like I have aluminum motor mounts installed. The vibes from just over idle to 1750rpm still shakes the dash and steering wheel. I am hoping that at around 1000kms, the vibes will only be on initial start up and it only rough vibes through the steering wheel below 1700rpm.

I read up that the older duratec motors, the torque ratings were 59lbs for the bolts on the engine side and 39lbs for the frame side. I set my torque wrench to 55lbs and tried to loosen the 18mm bolts. Torque wrench clicked but did not loosen the bolt. I dialed it up to 60lbs and as the torque wrench clicked the bolt loosened So I tightened the 18mm bolts to 60lft/lbs. Did the same procedure to the frame side, starting at 35lbs and ending up at 40lbs to break the 15mm loose. So I tightened the 15mm to 40ft/lbs.

p.s. I have picks on my hard drive, how do I attach to this post? it keeps asking me for a url? Can't I just add my images to this post?
You have to upload it to another site and then post a link to it. A popular one seems to be photobucket. Here are the official instructions: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=38843
Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #127
I_go_for_Gs
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113640
What I Drive: 2013 White SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 I_go_for_Gs Good Standing Member
O K, let's see if this works

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9946549...n/photostream/
Matt Black with red poly. I found a nice place to put the sticker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99465497@N07/9382102756/
Factory mount with just 6000kms.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99465497@N07/9379318735/
New mount installed, took all of 35 minutes, and that included a Motorcraft oil filter and Mobil 1 0w-20.

Forgot to mention: Did a full throttle launch to redline, grabbed 2nd to redline and banged 3rd gear floored it to 6000rpm. The tires chirped hard on the 1-2 shift, but it just grabbed 3rd and pulled hard(I did it twice to see if I could get 3rd to chirp). Before, it felt like the engine and tranny rocked back and forth on the 1-2 shift and then the car moved forward. On a hard 2-3 shift the same rocking back and forth was there but it felt a split second longer. So definately impressed with the Turbo Tech mount. There is no more rocking/hesitation between shifts. The car just goes forward.

Last edited by dyn085; 07-28-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: can't view the images
Old 07-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #128
TurboTechRacing
FF Affiliate

Awesome!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #129
Executable
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116921
What I Drive: 2013 Gray Metallic Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Executable Good Standing Member
Oh, man. I was wondering the same thing about my 2013 Ford Focus SE engine. It seems to be shaking all the time - the car only has 500 miles on it. I was getting worried. I had no idea that the mount was crappy as hell. I had a friend revving the engine while parking in neutral and I couldn't believe how much the motor was moving.

Thank God for this thread.

TurboTechRacing - please let us know if and when this part will be discounted for sale. I will definitely buy it.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #130
TurboTechRacing
FF Affiliate

Best price is on our site, shipping many each day.

Bookmarks & Social Networks