The infamous blower motor! help please!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #1
Hydrokillz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116458
What I Drive: 2004 ford focus se 2.3L

FF Reputation: 1 Hydrokillz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The infamous blower motor! help please!!

Hello all, new to the forums.

I apologize if this has been addressed before but ive been scouring the internet and forums alike to find a solution to my problem..

anyways, ive changed the switch, the blower motor, and the resonator fuse behind the glove compartment (all new parts) and to no avail the blower motor doesn't spin. the only time i get airflow it seems is when i have one of the windows down as im driving.. i don't know if this caused an issue but i replaced the fuse/resonator pack and plugged in the new blower motor seeing if it would spin and did not ... (left all the items hooked up and set in place) i get power from the switch itself and the a/c compressor turns on but no power to the blower motor itself.

i'm at a loss at what it could be any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Wiring?
Old 07-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Hydrokillz
Focus Rookie

I thought as much but still am curious. underneath the hood which relay would affecwiring for the blower motor? I figure i should start there
Old 07-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
BC_ZX3
DTC P0606

Fan#: 48751
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3 Turbo

FF Reputation: 86 BC_ZX3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Wth is a "resonator" fuse? The circuit has a resistor in it (what I think you mean) behind the glovebox and a separate fuse, in the "fuse box" under the hood; might be fuse 19 for your year though I'm not sure. It should be marked as "heater blower motor". There is no relay in that circuit.

You're going to look silly if you replaced all those parts without checking the fuse first.

Last edited by BC_ZX3; 07-06-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Edgenet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106043
What I Drive: 2002 Wagon with Zetec, Auto

FF Reputation: 1 Edgenet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC_ZX3 View Post
Wth is a "resonator" fuse? The circuit has a resistor in it (what I think you mean) behind the glovebox and a separate fuse, in the "fuse box" under the hood; might be fuse 19 for your year though I'm not sure. It should be marked as "heater blower motor". There is no realy in the that circuit.

You're going to look silly if you replaced all those parts without checking the fuse first.
It's amazing what a $10 volt meter and a bit of time can save a bunch of time and $$

Look at the bright side if it is a fuse he will never have to worry abought the change parts again
Old 07-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
Hydrokillz
Focus Rookie

Ive checked with the volt meter before and found no power going to the blower motor through the connector. ill do a double check of all the fuses hopefully someone can get me the diagram.

p.s little back history motor and everythig worked fine when i got the car either after i installed the new deck or it rained i had an issue with it.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
mikeeshaq
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72526
What I Drive: 2010 Transit Connect

FF Reputation: 15 mikeeshaq Great Standing Member
For not much money, one can get a Ford 2004 Focus Wiring Diagrams manual on E bay
Hey I just checked the cheapest is $8.00 with free shipping

From a 2004 Ford Focus Wiring Diagrams

One one side of the motor go directly to a 40 Amp fuse to the fuse box by the battery [[F1.64 40A]] this is the positive side. This is ONLY hot when the car is in start or run

The other side is negative or goes to ground and is the side with the switches and the resistor pack and trying to measure voltage on the ground side will be difficult [ha ha]
The high position of the blower switch places ground directly on the blower motor. The other positions go thru a resistor block.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
Hydrokillz
Focus Rookie

I'm going to be re wiring my car stereo ill have a look at it while I'm in there and post my results as far as I know when I turn the swich to any number the blower doesn't spin. And there is no power going to where the plug is for the blower motor.I'm going to replace fuses under the hood for good measure snyone knoe which one it is for sure? Thanks

Bookmarks & Social Networks