Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 207 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #2061
agscali
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99552
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 agscali Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Transmission Shudder

I recently paid for my transmission to be reprogrammed. After two weeks, my transmission still shudders. You can hear vibration sounds coming from the engine when accelerating. Fords extended warranty service is USELESS. Frustrated with Ford. Will have to take it again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #2062
Kjanracing
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 135409
What I Drive: 2014 Ruby Red SE hatch with DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Kjanracing Good Standing Member
They probably needed to start there with programming before moving to hard part repair.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #2063
ronkoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114191
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver Metallic, SE

FF Reputation: 1 ronkoe Good Standing Member
Shudder

OK. Time to gripe again. 17,000 miles on my 2012 Focus. When the engine warms up the shudder starts. Yesterday I went to Ford again and the service adviser told no they have not found a fix yet. Thanks Ford. Thanks for robbing me of the joy of the "new car experience". I really could not afford to buy a new car but I went against my good reasoning and took the plunge. When the doctor told me that the disease I had was killing me, I decided to treat myself with a new car before I die. WHY DID I GET THIS LEMON? Shouldn't Ford compensate all the people who have legitimate problems? Isn't it their responsibility? Yet they drag their feet. Don't you want us to be happy and praise you for doing the right thing? You should be ashamed of yourself Ford. I look upon you as a cheap person with a hard heart not willing to take care of their own. Do the right thing. At any cost. Do what is honorable.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #2064
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkoe View Post
OK. Time to gripe again. 17,000 miles on my 2012 Focus. When the engine warms up the shudder starts. Yesterday I went to Ford again and the service adviser told no they have not found a fix yet. Thanks Ford. Thanks for robbing me of the joy of the "new car experience". I really could not afford to buy a new car but I went against my good reasoning and took the plunge. When the doctor told me that the disease I had was killing me, I decided to treat myself with a new car before I die. WHY DID I GET THIS LEMON? Shouldn't Ford compensate all the people who have legitimate problems? Isn't it their responsibility? Yet they drag their feet. Don't you want us to be happy and praise you for doing the right thing? You should be ashamed of yourself Ford. I look upon you as a cheap person with a hard heart not willing to take care of their own. Do the right thing. At any cost. Do what is honorable.
Find another dealer. Ford does have a fix for this issue: updated programming and maybe a new clutch and seals.

The DCT is by nature a quirky device: great at some things, not-so-great at others and a bit unpredictable, but pronounced clutch chatter is not normal no matter what your dealer says. While there are exceptions, most here seem to think the current programming/clutch pack are effective.

There are good and bad dealers for all makes. If you bought this car used, it's a fair bet that it was traded because of the shudder. And rather than fix it, this dealer just turned to around, sold it to someone else and is still avoiding the issue.

So go to a different dealer or engage one of the Ford reps that monitor this board for help. Good luck and let us know how things progress.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #2065
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkoe View Post
OK. Time to gripe again. 17,000 miles on my 2012 Focus. When the engine warms up the shudder starts. Yesterday I went to Ford again and the service adviser told no they have not found a fix yet.
I had the same shudder. dan50 is right, it is fixable. Mine never returned after new clutch pack and multiple software updates.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #2066
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Ford does have a fix for this issue: updated programming and maybe a new clutch and seals.

Not true. I got the brand new laters and greatest transmission and it did not fix the problem. Ford does not have a fix, and probably never will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtdazmW281Y
Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #2067
Fuess
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112041
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fuess Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech77 View Post
Not true. I got the brand new laters and greatest transmission and it did not fix the problem. Ford does not have a fix, and probably never will.
It is hard for me to believe Ford has no fix.
I do not have the latest or greatest transmission and have never had a problem.
I have never experienced a single shudder or grinding sound in 40000km. I cannot imagine that I am the only owner that has a DCT that works well.
I will take this transmission over the last two 6speed autos that I owned.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #2068
tnygigles66
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115067
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Gold PZEV SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 tnygigles66 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech77 View Post
I have the latest and greatest with no issues. I'm surprised how hard it will launch at times.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #2069
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
and that's why there's a problem. some are good and some are bad and ford can figure out what the difference is and why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtdazmW281Y
Old 02-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #2070
speedracerlb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 144977
What I Drive: 2013,Gray, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 speedracerlb Good Standing Member
Wow after reading all of this I have a headache. Ok bought a 2013 Focus for my daughter the trans has been shuddering for some time. She took it to the dealer and there was an oil leak. the cleaned off the clutches, reprogrammed it and it was good for a day or two and it was back to the same old thing. She took it to the dealer again and they said they ran the test's and that the clutch's were within spec of the shuddering. Anyone have any suggestions or I guess I will contact a lemon law attorney after the next time she takes it in and doesn't get correctly.

Bookmarks & Social Networks