[Newcomer] '02 Ford Focus SE (Sunroof issue; Video enclosed) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
DaveSE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117035
What I Drive: 2002 Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 DaveSE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation [Newcomer] '02 Ford Focus SE (Sunroof issue; Video enclosed)

Hello Focus Fanatics! Newcomer here as the title reads. I'm currently running a Ford Focus '02 SE and ran into a little issue with my sunroof. Doesn't want to rise, lower or even open fully! Better explain my issue. I've uploaded a video so you'll see first hand what "may" be causing the issue!

Appreciate the help!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

*Ford fanatics, opps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
Marde
Focus Addict

Fan#: 115991
What I Drive: 2004 ZTW PZEV 2.3 ATX

FF Reputation: 7 Marde Good Standing Member
Nice video. Seems obvious to me that your sunroof switch is accidentally connected to your outboard 5.56 cal machine gun. Try hitting the controls for the machine gun, and see if those control the sunroof.

Other than that, sorry I can't help you, mostly because I do not have a sunroof or a machine gun installed on my Focus.

Last edited by Marde; 07-24-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
DaveSE
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marde View Post
Nice video. Seems obvious to me that your sunroof switch is accidentally connected to your outboard .556 cal machine gun. Try hitting the controls for the machine gun, and see if those control the sunroof.

Other than that, sorry I can't help you, mostly because I do not have a sunroof or a machine gun installed on my Focus.
Took me a little while to get it attach correctly with full functioning abilities.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Marde
Focus Addict

Fan#: 115991
What I Drive: 2004 ZTW PZEV 2.3 ATX

FF Reputation: 7 Marde Good Standing Member
Hang in there. Someone who can actually help should stop by soon.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
DaveSE
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Hang in there. Someone who can actually help should stop by soon.
Eh, no big rush. I'm not getting wet nor anything. Still a few months left of summer.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
DaveSE
Focus Rookie

Well that was a shot in the dark. I guess Ford Fanatics isn't as active as I thought it'd be.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I would try dropping the head liner to see if you can see if it's off track, you might be able to realign it. You should get a friend to give a little push down to put it back on track. If anything else hopefully it will close it.

Welcome to the forums BTW, the forums usually aren't as active during the wee hours of darkness. Me and a few others are all there really is.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #8
DaveSE
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker View Post
I would try dropping the head liner to see if you can see if it's off track, you might be able to realign it. You should get a friend to give a little push down to put it back on track. If anything else hopefully it will close it.

Welcome to the forums BTW, the forums usually aren't as active during the wee hours of darkness. Me and a few others are all there really is.
Thanks Glass. I'll poke around with the headliner and see if I can find a resolution to the issue. It being fully closed is just as good. Not a sunroof individual or less it comes to T-Tops. ;)
Old 07-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #9
Oblivion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92148
What I Drive: 2001 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Oblivion Good Standing Member
Quote:
Nice video. Seems obvious to me that your sunroof switch is accidentally connected to your outboard .556 cal machine gun. Try hitting the controls for the machine gun, and see if those control the sunroof.

I couldn't understand what this initially meant, until I heard the video, and then kept laughing uncontrollably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSE View Post
Well that was a shot in the dark. I guess Ford Fanatics isn't as active as I thought it'd be.
These forums are pretty damn active. Not everyone has an answer.
Of all the hundreds of real views: Not everybody bothers to reply (which I don't quite understand why).

Maybe people don't want to come off as being "dumb..." If I keep with that thought: This'll turn into a philosophical debate. So anyway!

I'm sure someone here (not me) will have an answer for you, at some point.
Hope you get it fixed! If not: Get someone who's never been in your car, and yell out, "FIRE!" And hit that button... or just drive through the bad part of town and calmly talk and hit that button then swerve violently and go, "HOLY SHIT! DID YOU SEE THAT GUY FIRE AT US?!" And take off like a jack rabbit!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #10
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:

i almost peed myself
while offering no new advice, i'd say search around the forum a little bit, otherwise i expect more help to be available in the morning
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->