Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 206 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #2051
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I posted in another thread yesterday but my 2012 Titanium with 16,000 miles on it was at the dealer with the chatter problem. They determined that it has a bad clutch. They found out this clutch is on back order from Ford. This tells me there are a lot of problems with this dual dry clutch transmission.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #2052
FASTONRACEDAY
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117845
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 FASTONRACEDAY Good Standing Member
The solution

i also have a 2012 ford focus and i also work at a ford dealer. and my car has about 30k on it. the shudder never got better, even after the recall was fixed it still sucked.
well now as i look on all data, there is a technical service advisory for 2012-2013 transmission shudder and i looked into it and it says to reprogram the powertrain control module and the transmission control module. with that it also said too relearn transmission speed sensor and clutch settings and a few other things. anyways the tcm and pcm were out of date, needed to be updated and after i did this everything is perfect, no more hesitation and its responsive like the fusions and the mustang. all in all take it to the dealer and pay for the 1.6 hours of labor and stop being miserable with the car you are paying lots of money for.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #2053
FASTONRACEDAY
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117845
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 FASTONRACEDAY Good Standing Member
the solution

i also have a 2012 ford focus and i also work at a ford dealer. and my car has about 30k on it. the shudder never got better, even after the recall was fixed it still sucked.
well now as i look on all data, there is a technical service advisory for 2012-2013 transmission shudder and i looked into it and it says to reprogram the powertrain control module and the transmission control module. with that it also said too relearn transmission speed sensor and clutch settings and a few other things. anyways the tcm and pcm were out of date, needed to be updated and after i did this everything is perfect, no more hesitation and its responsive like the fusions and the mustang. all in all take it to the dealer and pay for the 1.6 hours of labor and stop being miserable with the car you are paying lots of money for.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #2054
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
I would be very interested in hearing an update from you in the coming weeks and months about the continued good, or bad, behaviour of ur tranny.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #2055
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 532, Level 10
Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTONRACEDAY View Post
take it to the dealer and pay for the 1.6 hours of labor and stop being miserable with the car you are paying lots of money for.
The car I'm paying lots of money for came with a warranty.

Why should I have to pay 1.6 hours of labor for a warranty issue?

That's a rhetorical question. I know the answer:

It's because Ford's warranty is useless and Ford dealerships don't fix anything.

If I had known that Ford doesn't honor it's warranty obligations, I never would have bought one.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #2056
OU812focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 127810
What I Drive: 12' Focus Hatch Blue

FF Reputation: 1 OU812focus Good Standing Member
Picked up my 12' form my dealer yesterday.
Only drove about 10 miles today but I can tell the difference for sure.
Time will tell but it appears Ford has come up the THE fix!
Thanks to all here and especially FordService!
Steve
Old 12-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #2057
OU812focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 127810
What I Drive: 12' Focus Hatch Blue

FF Reputation: 1 OU812focus Good Standing Member
Well after putting on around 100 miles it's night and day.
No shuddering and shifts are defined.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #2058
Newshoundaussie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 124065
What I Drive: 2012 red se sport

FF Reputation: 1 Newshoundaussie Good Standing Member
Had the clutch shudder fixed 15KM'S ago, seemed better until yesterday. I was moving the car from one side of the driveway to the other to clear some snow. I stopped put it in park got out to let it warmup. The car continued to roll forward on a uphill incline. I jumped back in and hit the brake pedal, went to the floor no brakes. I pulled on the emerg brake and turned off the car before hitting my wife's Acura Tl in the garage. With the emerg. on and still in park I tried to restart, no luck, shifter stuck in park would not turn over. Dealer towed it in, they say the shift cable came unhooked and the antilock warn light needed to be reset. No explanation as to why these events happened."Car is fine", dealer opinion and also Ford of Canada service rep.

I had this car sold to friend, it belongs to my 84 year old mother. She just gave up her drivers license and now the buyer wants nothing to do with it! I am very uncomfortable selling it to someone. So it sits at the dealer! May have to take a very low ball offer from the dealer and let them mark it up 6 or $7,000 for their profit.

My wife wanted to buy herself an Explorer this year, not a chance now, Ford will never get $55,000 of my money!

Last edited by Newshoundaussie; 01-09-2014 at 04:30 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #2059
wavsine
Focus Addict

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Oxford White Hatch 5m

Points 15,607, Level 80
Points: 15,607, Level: 80 Points: 15,607, Level: 80 Points: 15,607, Level: 80
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 14 wavsine Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTONRACEDAY View Post
no more hesitation and its responsive like the fusions and the mustang. all in all take it to the dealer and pay for the 1.6 hours of labor and stop being miserable with the car you are paying lots of money for.
Folks, the Focus has a 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty that covers the DCT transmission. Please do not pay Ford for this update. This is not a luxury or optional upgrade. The software update is necessary for the continued proper operation of the dual clutch transmission. It is still under factory warranty if your car has less than 60,000 miles on the odometer.

Synthetic oil in GDI engines
www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324396
Old 01-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #2060
jeepster59
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 137049
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 jeepster59 Good Standing Member
My wife's focus transmission slipping and gear grinding has never ever stopped after one month. It and has been back for repair three times. She drives it gently and was actually told that her driving habbits make it slip gears and gears grind and chatter. "Learning" ones' accelerator habbits is total baloney! I tested it and it slips out of first no matter what speed you take off at. The grinding and chattering noise is constant in 2nd 3rd and 5th gears as well. The 2013 focus repair rental shows None of the deficiencies of her 2012 drivetrain. Is there anyone here who has had the faulty transmission replaced in their 2012 focus ??

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.