Adding ambient lighting to back with OEM system - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #51
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 BlueIce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocows42 View Post
It really wasn't that bad. Maybe 30 minutes total to do everything. It's nice to have the back glow too instead of being so dark while the rest of the car is lit up.
Doesn't sound too bad. But still $40 and 30 minutes is more than I want to part with for something I'd never enjoy. If it was $40 and plug into an existing module. No problem.

www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293992
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #52
moocows42
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101732
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 17 moocows42 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivaldrood View Post
I'd appreciate a picture of how it glows at night before I decide to pull the trigger and do this myself. Thanks Moocows!
Unfortunately I just went out and tried to take a picture but I can't get one that's good. They are all too dark to see anything and don't show the lighting right. Sorry.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #53
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98460
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Quote:
You could run the wire however you'd like but the factory wiring is on the side I ran the wires so that why I ran them where I did since it is the shortest easiest route. And like I said you could run them under the carpet and bring it up under the seat if you wanted to hide it completely. It was hot when I did it so I wasn't looking to make it perfect. I may go back and run it under the carpet instead of over like I have it at some point but it's hardly noticeable an not in the way so I'm not in a hurry.
But of course you should leave enough slack in the wires under the seat to keep if from stretching when someones moves the seat. Would placing the light near the underseat air duct be a safer place to mount the LED?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #54
moocows42
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tony View Post
But of course you should leave enough slack in the wires under the seat to keep if from stretching when someones moves the seat. Would placing the light near the underseat air duct be a safer place to mount the LED?
Of course! I did make sure I left enough slack so that someone could move the seat safely. You can play with where you want it. I picked where I did because it was easy and dispersed the light well. There could be better options.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #55
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98460
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Quote:
You could run the wire however you'd like but the factory wiring is on the side I ran the wires so that why I ran them where I did since it is the shortest easiest route. And like I said you could run them under the carpet and bring it up under the seat if you wanted to hide it completely. It was hot when I did it so I wasn't looking to make it perfect. I may go back and run it under the carpet instead of over like I have it at some point but it's hardly noticeable an not in the way so I'm not in a hurry.
But of course you should leave enough slack in the wires under the seat to keep if from stretching when someones moves the seat. Would placing the light under the air duct be a safer place to mount the LED? Maybe then hide the wires under the carpet where the duct comes out and then over to the door edge trim then to the dash. No exposed wires.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #56
moocows42
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tony View Post
Maybe then hide the wires under the carpet where the duct comes out and then over to the door edge trim then to the dash. No exposed wires.
I see what you're saying but technically where I have them now I could hide the wire under the carpet too. But when I looked under the carpet near the door trim it looked a little difficult to get the wire to where the others come up under the seat. It may not be as bad as I thought. If it cools down anytime soon then I may try to figure out a way to hide the rest of the wire to make it look more like it was meant to be there.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #57
focus wht
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49023
What I Drive: 2013 Focus TI White Platinum

FF Reputation: 1 focus wht Good Standing Member
The light needs to be mounted under the seat as shown. This will allow the light to cast downwards to illuminate a greater area just as the factory set up. Under the vent would shine zero light as it would just hit the carpet and the desired effect would be useless.

Bookmarks & Social Networks