Weird issue with 2012 SE 5 speed, no power - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #111
Black stick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100103
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo black, manual

FF Reputation: 1 Black stick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Does disabling the traction control also switch off the stability control?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #112
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black stick View Post
Does disabling the traction control also switch off the stability control?
No, that's not user controlled on the regular MK3, the ST does have a three way traction and stability control system, fully on, TC off and Stability control on reduced guard (Sport Mode), and ESC fully off.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #113
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black stick View Post
My car has 102,00 kilometers and this problem occurred for the first time yesterday - travelling at 120 kph on the highway and the power faded so I could only maintain 100 kph, even when flooring the gas pedal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
I have noticed that in the last week, when I leave my neighborhood on my way to work, that I experience moderate "hesitation" or what I would describe as a "miss" as I climb the hill near my house...
Hi Black stick and Tigeo.

I'd like to look into this a bit further. Could you PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info? I'll get the ball rolling from there.

Ashley

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #114
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Black stick and Tigeo.

I'd like to look into this a bit further. Could you PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info? I'll get the ball rolling from there.

Ashley
Thanks Ashley, but at this time, this is not necessary. I was going to have it in on the next oil change and talk to the service guys. Will let you know how that goes.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #115
BrApple
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95810
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 BrApple Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
I have noticed that in the last week, when I leave my neighborhood on my way to work, that I experience moderate "hesitation" or what I would describe as a "miss" as I climb the hill near my house. This is on a '13 SE manual. Need to take in for an oil change so will go ahead and mention it. I have not noticed the this any other time but shortly after start up...nothing on the highway or with the cruise on as described in some of the threads above.
I have noticed this on my 2012 also. Leaving for work in the morning I have to go up a slight hill. I get a hesitation feeling from the car. I did note in the past that running 89 seemed to help.

But what I have also noticed at time is surging power delivery. IIRC, this was on local roads and the highway at lite throttle, felt like the car was surging.

I seem to remember reading about coolant being low causing some issues. Well mine was alittle low so I finally topped it off, but believe I am still noticing this surging at times.

I would be interested to hear what your dealer has to say about it.
- 2k Contour SVT - #2137
- 12 Impreza 2.0i Premium - CVT
Old 07-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #116
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrApple View Post
I have noticed this on my 2012 also...
Hi BrApple,

The offer of assistance extends to you as well. Send me your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll look into some options to help.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #117
falcon9du5w0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108860
What I Drive: 2013, tuxedo black, focus se

FF Reputation: 1 falcon9du5w0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Happened to me today felt like the clutch was only partially engaged and wouldn't go past 60mph luckily I pulled into a gas station and reset now all is good for the time being.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #118
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Well, it's funny that I just ran across this thread. I had never heard of this, until it happened to me yesterday.

2012 SE 5spd HB 42K miles

(Warning: Long post ahead.
Short version: It did this. Now it's fine. )

I was in the middle of a 350 mile drive on the interstate. In a torrential down poor. Basically drove through a couple flash floods.

All the sudden the car started hesitating, at first I thought it was the road. Like when you drive through a puddle and the car slows for a split second. I finally realized it was the car, and that it wouldn't accelerate. When I pushed the peddle, I got no intake noise (airbox lid delete and Green Filter).
I was really afraid I had sucked water into the intake and dropped a cylinder.

I hit the next exit and popped the hood. No water anywhere... had me really confused.
When I revved it, it would rev really slow, like the throttle was barely open.

No warning lights or anything.

I continued on to where I was going, almost getting run over in the process of merging onto the interstate. I was headed to meet with another member to buy some wheels from him. I finally decided it must be some sort of "limp home mode."

When I got to where I was going I shut it off, then I started it back up to show Paolo(iceman05) what I was talking about, and it revved normal. I've never been so happy I really thought the motor might be blown. It made the rest of the trip with no issues.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #119
superxsoaker
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 115575
What I Drive: '13 White Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 superxsoaker Good Standing Member
Problem with throttle response

Hello fellow focus fanatics!

This is my first time posting a thread on this forum so be easy on me. I was on my way to work and downshifted from 3rd to 2nd gear to go around this car that was going too slow and when I tried accelerating I got almost no throttle response and the RPM needle was barely moving. I was able to ride it out a little and get to about 38-39 mph where the needle stayed and wouldn't let me exceed this speed. I pulled over to the nearest gas station just to check if everything was ok. Mainly wanted to make sure my K&N filter didn't fall off, but it was still secured tightly.

After starting the car, everything seemed to be back to normal. Throttle response was good, and I could jump on the freeway and exceed 40 mph. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I guess the only thing I can do is wait it out until it happens again. I've also recently removed the snorkel if that contributes to anything at all.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #120
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Sounds like this.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->