For those exhibiting DTC PO460 - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
Juicedz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108814
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE, 5sp

FF Reputation: 3 Juicedz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I highly doubt dealers are going to be taking every car through this TSA type screening you speak of. Seems more plausible this would be the avenue for cars coming in with blown motors/transmissions.
Hatch Nation#24 168whp 153wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #12
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicedz View Post
I highly doubt dealers are going to be taking every car through this TSA type screening you speak of. Seems more plausible this would be the avenue for cars coming in with blown motors/transmissions.
Many dealers are just itching for a reason to deny warranty work in favor of customer paid work, so I wouldn't put it past a lot of them to try it. For little things like the radio not working they probably wouldn't probe the car's computer that closely, but yes if you have a drivability concern such as those who complained about issues with the DCT but have tuned the car and reflashed it, you can bet they will look closer at it if they catch wind that tuning has been available for this platform as well. Before it was safer since there was no tuning available.

Not saying don't tune, just to be aware of the risks, and that Ford does have ways of telling if the car's been tuned and reflashed to stock if the dealer gets a hint of it they were supposed to send the data to Ford for them to review.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Which is why injected offers the possibility to remove the tune completely to bring it in for warranty work
There has been a long discussion in is forum today about a poster who seems to have modded his car, beat the heck out of it, destroyed the engine, took all the mods off and got Ford to warranty the engine replacement. General consensus was shame on the OP.

This is even worse, knowing in advance that what you are doing could create problems and crater the warranty but having a plan, with the connivance of the reflash software maker to basically defraud Ford. This just makes it more difficult for those of us with legitimate warranty claims to deal with the manufacturer.

This is a bad practice and a particularly reprehensible one for the software maker involved. They should be avoided like the plague: if problems develop why would you think they'd be any more ethical dealing with you than they are with Ford?
Old 07-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
Juicedz
Focus Addict

I wasn't aware that this forum was filled with Fun Police I highly doubt Injected's sole purpose was to include that feature to avoid warranty issues. We ALL know how Ford is with their coverage as it is. So, it's nice to have the piece of mind knowing they're not going to try and bend you over for having a cai or tune on your car. So glad you stand behind Fords warranty like they've stood behind all of the DCT/MFT/suspension clunk owners. I think there's a HUGE difference between someone who beats the piss out of their car every chance they get, installs every mod possible, blows the engine up (after leaving an 02 sensor unplugged!), and takes everything off to get a new motor under warranty vs. someone who daily drives their vehicle, has a intake/tune, and takes minor mods off to have general warranty work done. For most Foci owners 99% of the warranty work has no correlation with the parts that were added.

Last edited by Juicedz; 07-17-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
dan50
Focus Addict

Quote:
I wasn't aware that this forum was filled with Fun Police I highly doubt Injected's sole purpose was to include that feature to avoid warranty issues. We ALL know how Ford is with their coverage as it is. So, it's nice to have the piece of mind knowing they're not going to try and bend you over for having a cai or tune on your car. So glad you stand behind Fords warranty like they've stood behind all of the DCT/MFT/suspension clunk owners. I think there's a HUGE difference between someone who beats the piss out of their car every chance they get, installs every mod possible, blows the engine up (after leaving an 02 sensor unplugged!), and takes everything off to get a new motor under warranty vs. someone who daily drives their vehicle, has a intake/tune, and takes minor mods off to have general warranty work done. For most Foci owners 99% of the warranty work has no correlation with the parts that were added.
Ford can't deny a warranty claim because of mods if the mod had nothing to do with the failure. So if this is as harmless as you claim, why not just leave the mods on when you bring it in for warranty work? Seems easy enough.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #16
Juicedz
Focus Addict

As was previously stated in this thread, "Many dealers are just itching for a reason to deny warranty work in favor of customer paid work".

Last edited by Juicedz; 07-18-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #17
dan50
Focus Addict

Quote:
As was previously stated in this thread, "Many dealers are just itching for a reason to deny warranty work in favor of customer paid work".
Thanks for editing out the rather insulting last sentence of your original post.

Speaking from experience, if your life works out the way you want you will look back and conclude that one of the reasons this happened is because you chose to do what was right rather than simply what you could get away with. This isn't a bad place to start. Enough said.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
Juicedz
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Thanks for editing out the rather insulting last sentence of your original post.

Speaking from experience, if your life works out the way you want you will look back and conclude that one of the reasons this happened is because you chose to do what was right rather than simply what you could get away with. This isn't a bad place to start. Enough said.
I guess you've never heard the age old question, "why do bad things happen to good people". I'm not saying people should go around robbing the system, on the contrary actually. We have enough of that going on in today's society to completely destroy it (which we're already starting to see). However, what Ford is doing in many cases is shameful. Why is it that they can install the same Steeda intake for you from the dealership for a $1,000 and offer a full warranty but yet if they see you installed one they'll void it the first chance they can. Not that they've done it BUT you better believe no one will give them the time of day to.

Bookmarks & Social Networks