Sterling Grey Photos! - Page 45 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #441
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27073
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post

Your car.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #442
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Thanks! The ride is actually pretty practical. I haven't gotten into a situation that I can't maneuver (yet) while out and we still use it as a family car and have even taken it grocery shopping. The kids love it because they think it looks cool and sounds like RACECAR. The only obstacle I've had so far was getting the alignment, because the seven shops I went to here couldn't board it onto the rack. The one that finally got it on actually scuffed them but it's on the bottom and you can't see it without being under the car.

Ben is right, it was intentional and sprayed to match the wheels. Depending on the time of day, angle you're looking at it, etc., it goes between body color and wheel color.

As for rubbing/steering, no issues at all. I planned my wheel/tire combination around not having to do fender work. The wheels are 8" ET33 with a fat 215/40 tire, and I still have a few mm left to play with. The tires alone drop the car about 1/2".

For the Zetec S side skirts- it is an optical illusion. They are the same length, but where the OEM skirts tuck under, these flare out. They also extend about an inch lower, which adds to the illusion
Alignment wouldn't be a big deal for me I think.

The fact that you chose to match the Zetec S kit with your wheels and that sometimes it changes color is a really cool touch... Never something I would have thought about.

Glad to hear you have no rubbing. I assume you can turn from lock to lock with no rubbing which is what I want to aim for.

I didn't know that about the Zetec S side skirts... I honestly thought they were the same as OEM but since they are different I guess ill put those on the list instead of painting the stock ones.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #443
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
If you have normal side-skirts you'll be fine in getting an alignment. Mine are 2.25" from the ground. I guess that I didn't mention that those were what were forcing the problem of getting on the rack and that those were what has the scuffing.

I can't really take full credit on matching the body kit and spoiler to my wheels. Justin (Jdubhack) helped me with the color choice and Brian (Pyroinsa) used some of his off-time to do a full-Photoshop for me using pictures that I provided him of my car and a car on the local lot with the Zetec S kit installed. Besides dealing with my constant back-and-forth decision-making process, they also kept the whole thing a secret for months. My car is a product of friendship, because without them and many others (for other parts of the car) I would have never gotten to this point

Correct, I can turn lock to lock freely. If I had been running OEM 235/40's, I would be rubbing everywhere on the fender. I might be fitting some 9" wide wheels next year, which is definitely doable. The widest fitment I've seen so far has been 9.5" C5 replicas, though there was more work involved in that.

Seems how I take 90% of my pictures in my driveway or on the road in front of my house, I offer this comparison of side skirts-

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #444
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Quote:
If you have normal side-skirts you'll be fine in getting an alignment. Mine are 2.25" from the ground. I guess that I didn't mention that those were what were forcing the problem of getting on the rack and that those were what has the scuffing.

I can't really take full credit on matching the body kit and spoiler to my wheels. Justin (Jdubhack) helped me with the color choice and Brian (Pyroinsa) used some of his off-time to do a full-Photoshop for me using pictures that I provided him of my car and a car on the local lot with the Zetec S kit installed. Besides dealing with my constant back-and-forth decision-making process, they also kept the whole thing a secret for months. My car is a product of friendship, because without them and many others (for other parts of the car) I would have never gotten to this point

Correct, I can turn lock to lock freely. If I had been running OEM 235/40's, I would be rubbing everywhere on the fender. I might be fitting some 9" wide wheels next year, which is definitely doable. The widest fitment I've seen so far has been 9.5" C5 replicas, though there was more work involved in that.

Seems how I take 90% of my pictures in my driveway or on the road in front of my house, I offer this comparison of side skirts-

That's so awesome. I love how awesome of a community the focus community is!

Good to know about the wheels and side skirts as, what your car is right now is basically where I always imagined I wanted to get mine too. Minus a few little bits of course.

Again, your car is beautiful man... Wish I could make it to FF13 this year to see it in person.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #445
Fresh1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102640
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fresh1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriceplease View Post
Attachment 18163

Isn't she cute
Oh, yes she is ... like Darth Vader's twin sister!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #446
Focus_Ben
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109893
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Focus_Ben Good Standing Member
I don't think I have posted on here yet. Here is my 2012 SE Sport.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #447
MK3FOCUS
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116923
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 MK3FOCUS Good Standing Member
Just bought me a new '13 SE on 7/14/13. Built on 6/18/13.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #448
Fresh1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102640
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fresh1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK3FOCUS View Post

Lookin' good!

Welcome aboard.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #449
Focus_Ben
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109893
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Focus_Ben Good Standing Member
Quote:

Looks good!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #450
MisterH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89103
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 2 MisterH Good Standing Member
Quote:

Sweet looking car. What did you get for options? Auto or manual? Welcome aboard.

Bookmarks & Social Networks