Anyone trade their SEL or Titanium for a ST? - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #41
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
The depreciation of your (almost) new car effectively makes the ST considerably more expensive.
Yes, but that's the way it is now isn't it?

The ST and Titanium have about the same deprecation which during the 1st year is nearly $9K.

http://www.cars.com/ford/focus-st/2013/pricing/

http://www.cars.com/ford/focus/2013/pricing/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #42
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I traded my 2012 Titanium with a nightmare DCT and clunk for the ST2... ate the depreciation, but much MUCH happier!
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
Old 01-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #43
Trackrider54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 135377
What I Drive: F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Trackrider54 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
Yes, but that's the way it is now isn't it?

The ST and Titanium have about the same deprecation which during the 1st year is nearly $9K.

http://www.cars.com/ford/focus-st/2013/pricing/

http://www.cars.com/ford/focus/2013/pricing/
I wish that was the case, but I'm looking at used 2013 ST's that are still above $20,000. It's about $1500 more for me to buy brand new. My dealer quoted me $21,500 for a new ST1 and I found several used ones online that all list for more than $20,000.

If I could snatch up a 2013 for $13,000, I'd pee on myself.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #44
h4ck3d
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 131929
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium 5dr Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 h4ck3d Good Standing Member
I just traded my 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium in for a 2014 Tuxedo black ST1.

And I am not looking back at all. the ST is WAAAYYY more fun to drive. I was looking to dump a lot of money into my titanium to make it faster and what not, and realized it was more cost effective to trade it in for an ST then it was to dump a bunch of money into it and be disappointed I didn't get the gains I wanted.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #45
geneticjim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 126105
What I Drive: MK3 Silver Hatchback SEL, DCT

FF Reputation: 1 geneticjim Good Standing Member
I would love to.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #46
sportsguy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 153538
What I Drive: 2014 PB ST

FF Reputation: 1 sportsguy Good Standing Member
Can you please explain the ST with the non-ST rear valence? Is that a Focus Titanium that has a ST front-end, or a ST with a regular SE rear valence? Kind of confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Here's pictures, starting with a few of the last ones with P.E.S. #2:

That perfectly fitted valance

Say wait a second, I've got a four square information screen now with trip time, avg mpg, trip distance and dte all on the same screen.

Of course it's lacking the average speed and instantaneous fuel consumption screens of the Euro models, but it's a start
Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #47
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
Can you please explain the ST with the non-ST rear valence? Is that a Focus Titanium that has a ST front-end, or a ST with a regular SE rear valence? Kind of confused...
It was a Focus SEL that I had originally bought new but had slowly started to upgrade the aesthetics and performance on it.

The original Fascia was damaged, then after the insurance repair the car was damaged again on the way to go help my Uncle move my dying Grandfather out of his apartment because the manager was a psychotic individual who wanted him out before his lease expired because she had already rented the apartment to someone else.

So I decided that while I loved the color of the car I wanted to see the ST front Fascia painted in Frosted Glass.

Initially I never intended to get rid of the SEL, at least not for 5-10+ years down the road, but the itch to get an ST grew too great.

I had bought a used ST exhaust for under $200 and modified it to fit the n/a engine. It helped to mellow out the harsh induction note from the Steeda Intake.

I was going to get the rear valence and side skirts for an ST to build a Frosted Glass ST tribute, but not clone.

I had driven the ST numerous times prior to buying mine and while it was impressive I never found the SEL lacking until I started to add up what it would take to make the car into what I wanted it to be.

I would still love to someday repaint my ST or wrap it in Frosted Glass as it was a sharp color. Silver is nice, but it's just not the same.

The exhaust fit just fine without modifying the rear valence, but for it to look proper it would have been changed, but I changed my mind and bought an ST after test driving it one last time.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #48
sportsguy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 153538
What I Drive: 2014 PB ST

FF Reputation: 1 sportsguy Good Standing Member
Thanks for the explanation!!

Congrats on your ST. I agree the frosted glass looks very sharp!!

I just picked up a PB 2014 ST a couple of weeks ago and am loving it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
It was a Focus SEL that I had originally bought new but had slowly started to upgrade the aesthetics and performance on it.

The original Fascia was damaged, then after the insurance repair the car was damaged again on the way to go help my Uncle move my dying Grandfather out of his apartment because the manager was a psychotic individual who wanted him out before his lease expired because she had already rented the apartment to someone else.

So I decided that while I loved the color of the car I wanted to see the ST front Fascia painted in Frosted Glass.

Initially I never intended to get rid of the SEL, at least not for 5-10+ years down the road, but the itch to get an ST grew too great.

I had bought a used ST exhaust for under $200 and modified it to fit the n/a engine. It helped to mellow out the harsh induction note from the Steeda Intake.

I was going to get the rear valence and side skirts for an ST to build a Frosted Glass ST tribute, but not clone.

I had driven the ST numerous times prior to buying mine and while it was impressive I never found the SEL lacking until I started to add up what it would take to make the car into what I wanted it to be.

I would still love to someday repaint my ST or wrap it in Frosted Glass as it was a sharp color. Silver is nice, but it's just not the same.

The exhaust fit just fine without modifying the rear valence, but for it to look proper it would have been changed, but I changed my mind and bought an ST after test driving it one last time.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #49
underbird10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88103
What I Drive: 2014 ST3

FF Reputation: 3 underbird10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just this week traded my '12 Ti for a '14 ST fully loaded. I got 15.5K on the trade at 37.5K miles. I also got $3250 in rebates, and about 3K off MSRP on the ST. Out the door financed 19.5K with the equity I had in the '12 as my down payment. I dropped my monthly payments by $35 and got a major upgrade. I am happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0022.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	55241  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0025.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	55249  

Attached Images

My other rides -2006 Performance White Mustang GT Coupe, 2004 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang Coupe, 2013 Edge Limited
Old 06-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #50
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I always drool when I see a set of ST3 seats. I hate the way they feel, but they're SO beautiful. Congrats! I don't imagine we'll be seeing much of you on here anymore, as you'll always be busy washing that car! A black car would be a full time job for me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->