Updating instrument panel display to new Quadrant setup? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116334
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
I think it is a price/market issue. Europe has embraced the luxury compact concept and Ford has to compete there. The USA really doesn't do luxury compacts and USA buyers don't want to pay big prices for compact cars.
That makes sense for things like HIDs, better materials, etc. How is there extra cost involved in software revisions though? There isn't any hardware I can think of that would need to be added to give me instant fuel economy or rolling my windows down with the fob. However BOTH those features are offered in foreign markets. :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdenied View Post
Has Ford, or anyone for that matter, come out and explained why software features are left out of the US market? Are there really people out there who wouldn't buy a car if it had the extra stuff? I can't think of any reasons to leave things like instant MPG and key fob windows. Lights I suppose could be a cost/regulation thing maybe, but that still seems like BS.
Some people have said that it would simply price the Focus out of the market if those features were included. If that's the case, how come Hyundai and Kia can put them on their cars that are priced in the high $20,000 like a fully loaded Titanium Focus? I just think Ford wants to make more profit per unit on the US market and then "gives" the European market the goodies to keep them happy and buying their, American, products. I'm of the opposite mind set that charity should start at home, and the American buying public should be given the "goodies" for remaining loyal to the American car manufacturers and not abandoning them for the imports.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #13
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Well the American market has started to embrace the compact concept, look at all the Minis, Smart cars, and the like running around, thanks to the oil companies and the ever rising fuel prices. I know that's why I got the Focus, but I also wanted amenities like technology and safety features. And when I spend around $30K for a car, I expect some goodies. It wasn't like I bought a stripped down S model. So they can and should offer these features to this market and prices their packages, which is how they will add them, accordingly.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdenied View Post
That makes sense for things like HIDs, better materials, etc. How is there extra cost involved in software revisions though? There isn't any hardware I can think of that would need to be added to give me instant fuel economy or rolling my windows down with the fob. However BOTH those features are offered in foreign markets. :(
I was speaking to content generally, not specifically software. I agree software should not cost more - unless each revision had to be tested or certified in some manner here in the USA.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone!

If there are features that you would like to see on future models, I recommend posting them on the "Your Ideas" tab of http://social.ford.com. Ideas can be voted on by community members; we review these submissions daily.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #16
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
So they can and should offer these features to this market and prices their packages, which is how they will add them, accordingly.
They will when they have to in order to sell the car. We all told them it wasn't really necessary. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #17
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116334
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
The TSB does infact add quad display! I'm on my phone so I'm not going to type everything out again.

Here is a link to the other thread though. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...=320465&page=3
Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Sweeet!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->