Anyone like there 2012? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
A-to-the-J
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99555
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 A-to-the-J Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would probably say I'm content. Not too thrilled about it, but not too dissatisfied. I think it was because I was forced into getting the DCT and not the manual or even asking for a dealer trade. I have to find new things to keep me excited about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #12
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
My 2012 has been absolutely reliable and trouble-free other than securing the headliner and a a couple of software updates. It is also terrifically economical, a great highway cruiser, quiet, solid and a good handler to boot.

While this thing is great on the highway, it's miserable around town. While my DCT doesn't have the grinding and clutch chatter others have reported, it is pretty clumsy. Add the worst throttle response I've had since a 1977 Oldsmobile and and it's just not a good car to drive if stopping and starting are involved.

So trouble-free, yes. But a truly lousy city car. Wouldn't buy another or recommend it to a friend. And then there's the dealer network, but that's another story...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
sanford12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116365
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sanford12 Good Standing Member
I'm at 3 weeks with my Focus. And so far I really like this car. The MFT has been fine.The surge/lurch from a stop is quite small compared to the surge my 2002 VW Passat had with it's 6 speed auto. It was so bad I wouldn't let any of my kids drive it. And I still love that car. The Focus if it keeps going as it is will be one of my favorite cars. We'll see.

I feel for the people who don't care for their car. I feel your pain. My 2005 Ford 500 was that way, the more I drove it the less I liked it. A truly uninspiring car. It was reliable, comfortable and the mileage was quite good for a big car but it was so meh. The Focus Ti is a very refreshing change. I can see this one being around for a while maybe even a drive into the dirt car.
2005 Ford 500, 2006 Freestyle, 2012 Focus Titanium pearl white

Last edited by sanford12; 07-10-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #14
Mauldino
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116288
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Mauldino Good Standing Member
My 2012 SE Sport Sedan has 33k on it, and I've had no problems. Never had any trouble with the DCT. Throttle response is fine once you know how it feels. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. I reckon I'm lucky with not having any DCT issues, *knocks on wood*.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #15
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98460
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-to-the-J View Post
I would probably say I'm content. Not too thrilled about it, but not too dissatisfied. I think it was because I was forced into getting the DCT and not the manual or even asking for a dealer trade. I have to find new things to keep me excited about it.
You summed it up for me exactly. Wife forced me to get the auto when I've always preferred manuals in four cylinder cars. I've never experienced any big issues with the DCT other than sluggish response and the occasional weird shifting tendency but MFT I wish I'd never had, way too many glitches for me.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #16
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
I love mine.

You might want to check out the sticky thread at the top of this forum that says "I LOVE my 2012 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!".

Here's a link: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271815
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #17
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116334
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tony View Post
...and the occasional weird shifting tendency but MFT I wish I'd never had, way too many glitches for me.
I keep reading statements almost exactly like this all over this forum and other places I read about the MK3 Focus. Has everyone checked to make sure that they are running the newest revision of MFT?

I've had mine for three weeks and the worst problems I've had are very simple glitches that a power cycle or other action to get it 'un-stuck' solve. Maybe it's because I come from a very computer/software heavy background, but MFT seems rather stable now for what it is. It's a rather complicated system when you think about everything it does. It also seems like it was developed in house by Ford, a company who hasn't done anything like this before.

That's just my two-cents though.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #18
ShogunSamurai2005
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91057
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus 5 dr

FF Reputation: 1 ShogunSamurai2005 Good Standing Member
I like mine just fine. Had it for nearly 2 yrs now. 28k miles so far. I dont abuse my car on how fast it can go but it can run pretty quick for its size and features. Not a day goes by i get stares from the public thinking I drive an ST which is not. Lol
Old 07-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #19
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone!

If you're having any kind of physical concern with your Focus, I want to do what I can to help. Shoot me your information in a PM so I can check out some options; I'll need your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #20
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 8 valmundo Good Standing Member
To this day I still get compliments on my Focus. Its a great car. My DCT equipped focus has 32K and runs great. No complaints. I hope to keep the car for 10 years if possible.

Bookmarks & Social Networks