2014 Ford Focus Order Guide? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #11
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Packages, packages, packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
... Here's some information from the Order Guide about the specific packages you mentioned ...
Thank you, Crystal. That confirms my understanding (truecar.com left "leather seats" out of their details for the Appearance Package, as I suspected.)

Is the entire order guide available somewhere on focusfanatics.com, rather than getting it in bits and pieces like this? (This is like going to a restaurant and having to ask whether something is on the menu rather than being able to look at it directly.)

Quote:
... For your specific questions about differences between prior models, I recommend reaching out to your local sales rep; they'll be in the best position to assist.
Only once when I've talked a local sales rep have I found one who knew as much as I did about the cars we discussed. When I went back a week later he had left to work at a different job and his replacement was not nearly as well informed. (I don't think most of them share my enthusiasm for cars, and could be just as happy selling appliances or mattresses.) Besides this website, the "Build & Price" tool at ford.com has been the most reliable source for answers to these questions. (Once I even had to use it to show a salesman how I could not get a 2013 SE sedan with a manual trans, rear disc brakes, and cloth seats.) I am eagerly waiting for it to be updated to include the 2014 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Not sure if you will be able to view this link ...
I was not able to view either link ("You do not have permission ...") but I appreciate the other information.

Even in 2012 it was hard to tell what the story was with the SE Sport Package and "sport suspension". I don't remember that being described even in the order guide. The answer for the 2014's will probably come the same way it has before, by owners looking at part numbers and comparing them for different trims/packages. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...67#post4733267)

I sure wish it was possible to order options a la carte. (At least Ford does not force you to take a sunroof with some trim levels like other carmakers do.) The return of the SE Sport Package for 2014, after being awol for 2013, helps some. (Glad I waited.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #12
Berlin Bill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99041
What I Drive: 2014 Blue Candy SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Berlin Bill Good Standing Member
Thank you Crystal. Looks like I can get the factory fog lights that I like without the leather seats my wife doesn't like. Maybe '14 will be the year...
Old 07-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #13
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
...Is the entire order guide available somewhere...
Not that I'm aware of, Arco-Zakus. I'm happy to hunt down answers for you, though. I'll let you know if I hear any news about the Build and Price availability for the 2014. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Bill View Post
Thank you Crystal. Looks like I can get the factory fog lights that I like without the leather seats my wife doesn't like. Maybe '14 will be the year...
You're welcome, Berlin Bill! Shoot me a PM with your order information (order number, dealer name) if you decide to bring a 2014 home. I'll be happy to track your order for you and keep you updated with your Focus's status.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #14
jcw122
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111081
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red SE 201A Hatch - MTX

FF Reputation: 2 jcw122 Good Standing Member
Nvm see post below mine.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
The 2014 Focus Build & Price is available on ford.com as of today
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #16
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
The 2014 Focus Build & Price is available on ford.com as of today
Thanks for the heads up, GhiaFan! Here's a link to the Build and Price page: http://bp3.ford.com/2014-Ford-Focus?branding=1&lang=en

Crystal

Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #17
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

17" Black Machined Alloy Wheels with SE Sport Package?

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, GhiaFan! Here's a link to the Build and Price page: http://bp3.ford.com/2014-Ford-Focus?branding=1&lang=en

Crystal
GhiaFan, thanks for the news, and Crystal, thanks for the link to the Build & Price tool for the 2014 Focus.

Build & Price does not allow the 17" Black Machined alloy wheels to be selected with the SE Sport Package (that combination was allowed for 2012), but requires upgrading to the SE Appearance Package. Is that consistent with the 2014 Order Guide? (I'm hoping it is a bug in the Build & Price tool because it seems odd that Ford would not be willing to sell me those wheels for $495 without also requiring an additional $2,040 for the Appearance package that I do not want. I'll just buy them from someone else who plans to replace theirs with some other wheels -- why doesn't Ford want to take my money, and save me the bother, instead?)

The details for the SE Sport Package do not list "Touring" or "Sport" suspension. GhiaFan has pointed out that there is also no mention of it in the 2014 Order Guide. Can anyone from Ford clear that up for us? I can't imagine why that would be a secret that requires the kind of effort Tigeo went to for an answer for the 2013 Appearance Package. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...67#post4733267)
Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #18
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
...Build & Price does not allow the 17" Black Machined alloy wheels to be selected with the SE Sport Package (that combination was allowed for 2012), but requires upgrading to the SE Appearance Package. Is that consistent with the 2014 Order Guide?...

...The details for the SE Sport Package do not list "Touring" or "Sport" suspension. GhiaFan has pointed out that there is also no mention of it in the 2014 Order Guide. [B]Can anyone from Ford clear that up for us?...
Hi Arco-Zakus,

The 17" Black Machined Alloy Wheels are listed as available with the SE Appearance package and standard with the SE Black Pack. The only mention of sport suspension components that I can find in the Order Guide is with the optional Titanium Handling Package.

Any other questions? I'm happy to check on things for you. :)

Crystal

Old 07-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

What did you mean by "out"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
Is the order guide out yet?
danyall2010,

By "out" did you mean "available to Ford employees" or did you mean "available to the rest of us"? In either case, did you want to limit this thread to that particular question, or are you open to further discussions about the information contained in the guide, as a similar thread "2013 Order Guide Released" had last year? If not, we'll have to find another thread to continue that discussion.

~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
EDIT:

I found the answers in another thread:
"Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > Build your 2014 Focus"

1. The 2014 Order Guide is out, all the way.

2. GhiaFan also gave the link to the online 2014 Focus Build & Price tool there.

3. The usual discussion of what is in the both the Order Guide and the Build & Price tool has developed in that thread.

Last edited by Arco-Zakus; 07-09-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Found the answers
Old 07-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #20
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Other questions

Quote:
Hi Arco-Zakus, ... Any other questions? I'm happy to check on things for you. :)

Crystal
Crystal,

Thank you. I do still have questions but I'll ask you in the other thread.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->