04 SVTf swap radio now 2 problems help please? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
910SVTf
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116340
What I Drive: 2004 Cd Silver SVTf

FF Reputation: 1 910SVTf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
04 SVTf swap radio now 2 problems help please?

i finally got a new head unit for my svtf =)
Problem#1: The installer at bestbuy said i had to spend 100 bucks for the part to be able to use my radio control on my steering wheel to function woth my new stereo. Os there a way to tap into the wiring to make it functional without having to spend that 100$??
Problem #2: I had a sound system before with my stock radio. And had the wiring tapped into for the rca cables to run with an amp with my stock radio. after the install my factory amp and sub are not working. Should i plug those rca cables to the back of my stereo? Or how would i be able to get my sub and amp back on?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
bile0026
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97349
What I Drive: 2009 Amber Gold Metalic Focus

FF Reputation: 7 bile0026 Good Standing Member
Problem 1: Yes, you need the adapter. It is a little logic center that converts the signals that your steering wheel sends into signals the h/u understands. It is more than just a wire harness adapter

Problem 2: You will need to check your h/u user manual on how to hook up. Usually you just have to plug the RCA cables into the h/u then turn those outputs on from the h/u. They are usually turned off by default. Your manual should be able to tell you how to do that as well. Lastly, you will also need to make sure your power and switch wires are hooked up correctly.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
Gadabout
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114774
What I Drive: 2006 Vermillion Red ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 4 Gadabout Good Standing Member
^^^ This. But try the Asxxess ASWC-1 , I move these all day, and it isn't $100.
Sorry if the link is dodgy, I'm sending it from my phone.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...%5BIgnore%5D=1
Team Duratec #42
Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
910SVTf
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116340
What I Drive: 2004 Cd Silver SVTf

FF Reputation: 1 910SVTf Good Standing Member
Bile does explain and is understandable. My rca cables are connected to my stock amp and ran up behind the factory head unit wires which then made it the connections for my rca plugs that ran under my passenger seat where i previously had an amp. So i was thinking to just to run that rca cables back up behind the head unit and connect it, would that turn the factory amp and aub back on?
Gadabout thanks that is cheaper and i do use my steering wheel stereo control quite often. Helps a lot while driving. i know many people suggest you need more accessories and much more to get more money out of someone that doesnt have much experience with what they need help with
Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
bile0026
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97349
What I Drive: 2009 Amber Gold Metalic Focus

FF Reputation: 7 bile0026 Good Standing Member
Should just be able to hook everything back up.

Sent from cyberspace
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106032
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 jayboe123 Good Standing Member
definitely work for best buy and we use the asxxess aswc-1 the part is pretty cheap for us just have best buy price match amazon or if you wanna do it yourself the instruction manual tells you which pin, wire color, and which harness to use... usually only one wire to hook up anyway... just make sure your deck is compatible you wont use rca's itll be almost like a 3.5mm headphone jack instead pm me for questions

Bookmarks & Social Networks