MK3 Ford Focus Tuning - Now Available! (2012-2014 Models) - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Injected Engineering - Tuning & Performance Parts

Injected Engineering - Tuning & Performance Parts Discuss about performance upgrades and tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Injected Engineering

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #131
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
The 1500rpm idle tune is for the engine cleaner that they sell, it keeps the car running at the set RPMs rather than trying to regulate it with your foot.

Yes, "unlimited future updates" is for firmware and tune, although the DCT will be at a cost when it is initially released.
Ok great!

Edit: Thought of another question. I see it asks for a list of mods. Would there be a different tune whether my car had an aftermarket exhaust or not?

Thanks, Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #132
Juicedz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108814
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE, 5sp

FF Reputation: 3 Juicedz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi_Jo_Nathan View Post
Ok great!

Edit: Thought of another question. I see it asks for a list of mods. Would there be a different tune whether my car had an aftermarket exhaust or not?

Thanks, Jonathan
Yes, their tunes are specifically designed for your car based upon modifications. I ordered mine with just a steeda intake. If I add an exhaust down the road I can contact them for an update on my tune. They would send me the updated version via email (I believe), and I would then plug the usb from the computer into the tuning device. Once the device has been flashed with the new tune, bingo you've got yourself an updated tune for your new mods. Gotta love technology!

Just a heads up for those with the steeda intake. I'm currently pulling 7 DCT's based off of Injected's tuner. I cleared the codes and they came right back. I decided to put my stock intake back on and take it to the dealer to see if it was an advanced issue since there were so many codes. However, once I put the stock airbox back and scanned again, "no dct's found". Right now I'm waiting to hear back from Aaron to see if he has any suggestions.
Hatch Nation#24 168whp 153wtq
Old 07-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #133
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicedz View Post
Yes, there tunes are specifically designed for your car based upon modifications. I ordered my with just a steeda intake. If I add an exhaust down the road I could contact them for an update on my tune, they would send me the updated version via email (I believe), and I would then plug the usb from the computer into the tuning device. Once the device has been flashed with the new tune, bingo you've got yourself an updated tune for your new mods. Gotta love technology!
Sounds great! Thanks for the info. I'll likely be ordering soon.
I should be able to pull my strategy code using the Xcal2 from my Ranger.
I was originally going to go with an Xcal3. But I'm tired of waiting on the other tunes.

Thanks for all the info guys.
Jonathan
Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #134
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello again. I'd like to purchase the tune.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #135
Juicedz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108814
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE, 5sp

FF Reputation: 3 Juicedz Good Standing Member
What are you waiting for then?
Hatch Nation#24 168whp 153wtq
Old 07-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #136
Fuess
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112041
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fuess Good Standing Member
I am running the steeda intake and I had one code which was very minor and related to the programming of an extra key. I cleared the code and it has not came back.
All is good.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #137
Fuess
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 112041
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fuess Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi_Jo_Nathan View Post
Sounds great! Thanks for the info. I'll likely be ordering soon.
I should be able to pull my strategy code using the Xcal2 from my Ranger.
I was originally going to go with an Xcal3. But I'm tired of waiting on the other tunes.

Thanks for all the info guys.
Jonathan
You cannot pull the strategy code with an Xcal2. Even the older Xcal3 will not pull the code.
I have an original Xcal3 from 2008 and it is not compatible with the focus.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #138
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuess View Post
You cannot pull the strategy code with an Xcal2. Even the older Xcal3 will not pull the code.
I have an original Xcal3 from 2008 and it is not compatible with the focus.
Well dang. That sucks.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #139
VonKaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26749
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 VonKaiser Good Standing Member
Please forgive the ignorant question but I am completely new to "tunes" and "tuning" when it comes to cars ECU's.

I have a '13 SE DCT sedan and while I love 95% of the car I absolutely hate the lack of dead-stop acceleration. From 15-70 mph the car scoots pretty decent enough but it seriously lacks grunt off the line even with the traction control off which puts my 0-60 mph time too slow for my liking. I have to pull out on a state highway with a 65 mph speed limit from my neighborhood with no frontage road or on ramp so I desperately need acceleration off the line. My question is if my Focus gets "tuned" will this decrease my 0-60 mph time?

I plan on adding a green filter and remove the snorkel and airbox lid as well. Right now I just removed the airbox lid and that helped ever so slightly...
Old 07-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #140
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKaiser View Post
Please forgive the ignorant question but I am completely new to "tunes" and "tuning" when it comes to cars ECU's.

I have a '13 SE DCT sedan and while I love 95% of the car I absolutely hate the lack of dead-stop acceleration. From 15-70 mph the car scoots pretty decent enough but it seriously lacks grunt off the line even with the traction control off which puts my 0-60 mph time too slow for my liking. I have to pull out on a state highway with a 65 mph speed limit from my neighborhood with no frontage road or on ramp so I desperately need acceleration off the line. My question is if my Focus gets "tuned" will this decrease my 0-60 mph time?

I plan on adding a green filter and remove the snorkel and airbox lid as well. Right now I just removed the airbox lid and that helped ever so slightly...
^^^^this - ditto
Same situation here. This weekend (it was ~95 degrees F) When I floor the gas pedal off the line, I get no response for almost 3 seconds. I hear the intake asking for air and the engine revving but the car just crawls a couple feet and then finally slowly starts moving. I had traction control off, on a full tank of 93 octane BP and I was in manual mode.
it makes racing impossible :)

from what I've read and people have told me on here - the tune should greatly improve the throttle response... and drivabilty

I am also a noob and am ignorant to this whole tune/ecu thing. But i'd like to purchase the tune and i'm ready now...

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->