Plasti-dip my 08 foci - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109943
What I Drive: 2008 focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Alptbird Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The glossifier that dip your car offers is a spray able peelable gloss. Any real paint or real clear, is a really bad idea. It hardens and makes peeling dang near impossible. But you are right to caution everyone of that.

So what color would everyone change the blue to? I don't care for it either but it was done and again time. In a few months it won't be this color anyway. I'll get bored with it and have to change it up anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Do it plastidip gunmetal! Or plastidip green!

Galatians 6:14
Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #23
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

lol, right now the top of the car is that color grey and the green pigment fades after a while they have som that will work but it wont be as lively as that blaze green color in the VW. I'll have you come help on the next dip job!

I did put a red pin stripe on this one to see if it helped break up the color combo>
Old 07-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #24
drunkyoda
Hmmmmm

Fan#: 65151
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 9 drunkyoda Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
dude its hideous... im sorry.

you should peel it off and stick to your stock color. do something else. like lower your car or tint your windows...
Old 07-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #25
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkyoda View Post
dude its hideous... im sorry.

you should peel it off and stick to your stock color. do something else. like lower your car or tint your windows...

Where as I did ask for opinions I do realize that there will be people with different tastes, also i realize there is an oversion to plasti-dip period out there amoungst the true car guys. specially on cars that demand better quality of fit and finish.

the lower color will be Anthricite greyin satin finish as soon as i can get it in the Gallons to spray.

But for evey one person her that tells me it's hideous I have a dozen people that like it. for a first time working with what I had and enjoying working on a car that didn't cost me an arm and a leg like my Grand National or my Monaro or even my 71 chevy truck, this is not that bad. specially for something that is reversable. and no one likes a white car that just screams "Work for me White" specially here is Texas.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #26
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alptbird View Post
Where as I did ask for opinions I do realize that there will be people with different tastes, also i realize there is an oversion to plasti-dip period out there amoungst the true car guys. specially on cars that demand better quality of fit and finish.

the lower color will be Anthricite greyin satin finish as soon as i can get it in the Gallons to spray.

But for evey one person her that tells me it's hideous I have a dozen people that like it. for a first time working with what I had and enjoying working on a car that didn't cost me an arm and a leg like my Grand National or my Monaro or even my 71 chevy truck, this is not that bad. specially for something that is reversable. and no one likes a white car that just screams "Work for me White" specially here is Texas.
Well said
Galatians 6:14
Old 07-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #27
bugman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98366
What I Drive: 2010 Sangria Red SES

FF Reputation: 1 bugman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alptbird View Post
lol, right now the top of the car is that color grey and the green pigment fades after a while they have som that will work but it wont be as lively as that blaze green color in the VW. I'll have you come help on the next dip job!

I did put a red pin stripe on this one to see if it helped break up the color combo>
I like the red stripe. How about a blue racing stripe down the center?
2010 Sangria Red SES #051 Sedan
Autolite AR 103 Sparkplugs, Ram-Air AIRAID CAI, LED Tails
Old 07-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #28
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

I would maybe do the blu stripe but the reset of the car needs to be a solid color. The blue on the car I am not very fond of. As a kid the smurfs just creeped me out and that blue is just reminds me of that. But I am going to run with it for a while. The set up as is blue on bottom and a blue race stripe may be to much for me. But I like your thinking!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #29
JHMerriman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88123
What I Drive: 2011 Ingot Silver Focus Sedan 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 JHMerriman Good Standing Member
Ignore the naysayers! I like the color combo, especially the red stripe. The only thing that would make it better is a higher gloss finish.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #30
D-Tec20
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96588
What I Drive: 2008 Vista Blue SES

FF Reputation: 2 D-Tec20 Good Standing Member
I think it would have been great if you did it all in one color (your choice of color) vs the multi-color.

I'm been thinking of doing mine for the love bug season.

Bookmarks & Social Networks