Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 203 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #2021
DopestFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91433
What I Drive: 2012 focus hb titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DopestFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My car is making a scraping or a grinding sound right when I accelerate from a stop. I am also feeling like it need to press on the gas more to get it to go is this a problem with the tranny or a problem with the wheel bearings or maybe something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #2022
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopestFocus View Post
My car is making a scraping or a grinding sound right when I accelerate from a stop. I am also feeling like it need to press on the gas more to get it to go is this a problem with the tranny or a problem with the wheel bearings or maybe something else?
How you had it looked at by a dealer or a garage?
Old 10-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #2023
Ford38
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118141
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 Ford38 Good Standing Member
Is the traction assist turned on or off if it stays on you may have a computer problem. Min would would not stay off. It should not be on when driving on dry pavement. Ford replaced both the comp. and the transmission. I have no more problems and my fuel mileage has improved about two miles per gallon. F.Y.I. The problem you discribed is exaltey what mine was doing.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #2024
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford38 View Post
Is the traction assist turned on or off if it stays on you may have a computer problem. Min would would not stay off. It should not be on when driving on dry pavement. Ford replaced both the comp. and the transmission. I have no more problems and my fuel mileage has improved about two miles per gallon. F.Y.I. The problem you discribed is exaltey what mine was doing.
Traction assist will always come on when the car is started, even if you turn it off. By design. You can turn it off, but once you restart the car, it will be on again.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #2025
DopestFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91433
What I Drive: 2012 focus hb titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DopestFocus Good Standing Member
I haven't had it looked at yet but i just ordered my exhaust and was extremely excited until something had to go wrong. Makes me give up hope because from what I read if I take it to ford they won't do anything about it and claim it to be normal. I will call to make an appointment and let you guys know what they say. And I will also turn the traction control on than off to see if it makes a difference
Old 10-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #2026
Ford38
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118141
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 Ford38 Good Standing Member
Mine stays of unless I make a quick start on wet pavement it turns on and off automatickly or I turn it on in bad slippery road conditions. Why would it have a off and on switch if it,s on all the time?
Old 10-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #2027
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopestFocus View Post
If you go to the dealer and get no satisfaction, you should seek out Todd the ford rep here at this board and work with him to get your case escalated.

If you do a forum search here for the word grinding or clattering, you will find a wealth of information on this subject.

Some folks say its normal, others have pictures taken of their transmission torn apart with score marks and/or metal filings they attributed to it.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #2028
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford38 View Post
Mine stays of unless I make a quick start on wet pavement it turns on and off automatickly or I turn it on in bad slippery road conditions. Why would it have a off and on switch if it,s on all the time?
By default it comes on - the switch gives you the option to turn it off, or back on again
Old 10-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #2029
evet5023
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119932
What I Drive: 2012 Dark Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 evet5023 Good Standing Member
My 2012 Ford Focus SEL does the same thing. After I have been stopped at a traffic light or stop sign when I start to go it shakes and shudders. I have 24,000 miles on my car. It just seems to get worse. Is there a recall on the vehicle now.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #2030
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by evet5023 View Post
My 2012 Ford Focus SEL does the same thing. After I have been stopped at a traffic light or stop sign when I start to go it shakes and shudders. I have 24,000 miles on my car. It just seems to get worse. Is there a recall on the vehicle now.
if you go to your dealer and its not resolved, please see Todd the ford rep here at this forum

Bookmarks & Social Networks