iPod / iPhone Adapter - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
quacking05focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64670
What I Drive: 2005 Infra Red Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 quacking05focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I bought the usaspec adapter (pa15-ford1) from ebay for 100 dollars shipped brand new. I considered an aftermarket radio but didn't want to lose my steering wheel controls or have to add another adapter to retain them...just easier to do the usaspec route.

http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=59
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
quacking05focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64670
What I Drive: 2005 Infra Red Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 quacking05focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I also have the same car/audio setup as you (OP) so that should work for you just fine. Just checked ebay and there's a bunch for 112.00 with free shipping.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
astew151
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115925
What I Drive: 2005 Red Ford Focus ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 astew151 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My cousin was able to find the adapter i wanted, FRD04-POD, online for $65 so i decided that would be my cheapest option, plus i wanted to keep the factory radio installed. So i hooked up the whole thing and everything worked except it would not play through my speakers. I was able to see the song and artist on the radio and control it through the radio. I would upload pictures but it seems i can only upload via a web address and not from saved images. I think i know what the problem is. On the factory radio in the back there is a port for the 32 pin cable and the 16 pin cable. When i took the radio out i noticed that there was no 16pin cable in the radio and my car didnt have a wire for it, there was onyl the 32 pin cable. When i was reading the insturctions to put in the adapter it seems as if the 16 pin cable was optional. However when i unplugged the 16 pin cable from the back of the radio i lost the functionality of the Ipod so it looks like i need it. Has anyone lese run into this and if so how do i fix it? Thanks guys.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->