The "Official" Aftermarket Wheels Pic Thread - Page 36 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #351
Thomas Racing
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84250
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Thomas Racing Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisteminc View Post
Why would u ever spend the money on wheels and not spend the money on suspension, keeping your car looking like ass. Priorities...

Sent from my H7100
Quote:
Correct thread or not, if you want to spend the money on wheels and tires and leave a 3 inch gap between your tire and fender, yes this is your decision, but it also means whoever you are you have bad taste... and you obviously care more for what's trendy, inexcusable.
Now get off me.

Sent from my H7100 using FF Mobile

But isn't the trendy thing to have a car that looks like it just fell off a dock?

The question is are you spending money on quality suspension pieces that actually IMPROVE the handling? I'll put my Multimatic/FRPP/NASA set up against any H&R or Eibach Sport Lined car out there. Everything was actually engineered to work together. Too many people just pick and choose without any real knowledge of what they are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #352
Kotlkn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106038
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 Kotlkn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Correct thread or not, if you want to spend the money on wheels and tires and leave a 3 inch gap between your tire and fender, yes this is your decision, but it also means whoever you are you have bad taste... and you obviously care more for what's trendy, inexcusable.
Now get off me.

Sent from my H7100 using FF Mobile
Not everybody on this forum has thousands in disposable cash laying around. I always saw modifying as an evolution that happens in steps, not all at once. Yes I have 18" ST wheels on my SE because of a lucky/fluke stop at my local tire store and yes I do plan on lowering soon but some people have other responsibilities in their life (kids, mortgage etc) that takes precedence over this hobby. And that is what this is, a hobby. Telling me I have bad taste because I have new wheels and tires and my car is not lowered is just ignorant. So when my car is mildy lowered and not slammed to the ground because I have to drive in the winter with snow on the road and do want to be a snowplow, do I have bad taste? I personally do not like black wheels because when they are in motion they look like black steelies but I do not say people with black wheels are in bad taste. This tread is for people proud to show off their rides and not for belittling peoples decisions.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #353
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotlkn View Post
Not everybody on this forum has thousands in disposable cash laying around. I always saw modifying as an evolution that happens in steps, not all at once. Yes I have 18" ST wheels on my SE because of a lucky/fluke stop at my local tire store and yes I do plan on lowering soon but some people have other responsibilities in their life (kids, mortgage etc) that takes precedence over this hobby. And that is what this is, a hobby. Telling me I have bad taste because I have new wheels and tires and my car is not lowered is just ignorant. So when my car is mildy lowered and not slammed to the ground because I have to drive in the winter with snow on the road and do want to be a snowplow, do I have bad taste? I personally do not like black wheels because when they are in motion they look like black steelies but I do not say people with black wheels are in bad taste. This tread is for people proud to show off their rides and not for belittling peoples decisions.
While I do agree with this, I do believe that if a person gets new wheels then sometime down the line, they should upgrade the suspension. Doesn't have to be slammed, just has to at least eliminate wheel-gap. I also believe that you should get wheels before suspension, just so you can see just how far you can drop it.

With that said, there are some people who get wheels, bodykits, custom paint, etc without ever thinking about the suspension or they say that the roads are to bad for a drop. Bad roads are everywhere.

Now to keep this thread on topic:

Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 06-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #354
Browningguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94520
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Browningguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
These are the new 16" Kazera wheels I just put on (3 pounds lighter than stock). I see all the discussion about eliminating "tire gap" but honestly I'm more concerned about actual real world performance than looks. Mine has been lowered very slightly using the SVT suspension, and it both handles and rides really well. I've been the route of a really low road race suspension on a previous 535 iS, and it sucks when you actually try to drive it on anything other than a road race course.

[/URL]
Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #355
Juicedz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108814
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE, 5sp

FF Reputation: 3 Juicedz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotlkn View Post
Well said. Honestly, I'll probably go wheels first too. As much as I would love to drop my car 2 inches with lowering springs or coilovers the warranty coverage trumps a lot of my ideas at the moment. Sure I could risk it but I like the peace of mind knowing I won't have to challenge any natzi dealerships about potential suspension issues I might have.
Hatch Nation#24 168whp 153wtq
Old 06-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #356
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)

Fifteen52 Tarmacs

17x8

Tires are BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

205/45ZR17
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 06-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #357
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #358
Sully313
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104895
What I Drive: 03 SVT ZX5 Red, 06 ZX3 SES Black

FF Reputation: 1 Sully313 Good Standing Member
New rubber and New (to me) wheels installed.

17x7 +42 225/45/17 BFG Rivals

Old 07-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #359
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
meaty. you might have just sold me on 225s! how are the Rivals for everyday driving?
Old 07-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #360
Sully313
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104895
What I Drive: 03 SVT ZX5 Red, 06 ZX3 SES Black

FF Reputation: 1 Sully313 Good Standing Member
Not sure. They have been on the car for about 2 hrs sitting in the drive way.

I do know of 3 people that drive on them daily and 3 more that drive on them to events. They all say that they are a great daily tire too. Of course they will lack a bit in the rain compared to an all season but just slow down a bit and drive below your perceived abilities. I've been driving on RE-11A's before I got these and I was impressed with them in the rain. They handled alot better than I expected. Netiher tire will be good once it gets cold though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks