Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 201 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #2001
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief901 View Post
When I received my titanium from the dealer, it had 6 miles and a full tank of gas. I have not experienced any shutter from the transmission. It shifts quickly and smooth, and it currently has 300 miles on the odometer.
Chief, if the stuttering is normal, odd that yours didn't do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #2002
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
I think you just have to find a dealership that has a good reputation. If I had stayed at my original dealer I would still be on square one with the transmission. The only thing I got from them was a two page fact sheet that said the noises were normal. I took that sheet and my car to another dealership and all they had to do was drive the car to admit that there were problems. After a month of waiting I have a totally rebuilt transmission, with mostly new parts and it purrs like a kitten....my car no longer rattles, shudders, or makes the annoying grinding noises. As a matter of fact you can hardly feel it shift it's that smooth. Don't let anyone give you BS, this tranny is not supposed to make rattling noises and it sure doesn't take 10,000 miles to break in either. If you have rattles and shuddering coming from the transmission it will not get better, find a dealer and be a pain in the butt until you get Ford to tear down the tranny and inspect it.....I had a lot of damaged parts that were the cause of the issues. I really believe this is not so much a design issue as it is the fact that most of these cars are leaving the manufacturing plant not being put together correctly.
I wish there was a way to distribute your post worldwide to all the people having problems.

One recurring theme is the ford memo says all those symptoms are normal, but if they are "normal" how can they go away when you get it fixed ?
Old 08-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #2003
Ford38
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118141
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 Ford38 Good Standing Member
I thank that is called wearing out
Old 08-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #2004
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford38 View Post
I thank that is called wearing out
in a weeks to months ?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #2005
cwmehring
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105016
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cwmehring Good Standing Member
My 2012 Ti Hatchback with the 6 speed transmission is getting worse as time goes on. I was initially told the same thing by ford that it takes a few thousand miles to break the clutch in but not its gotten to the point where it feels like the car is going to stall. It does it in D and in S. Mine has 20,900 miles.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #2006
Flatusboy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115018
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Hatchback, Platinum White

FF Reputation: 2 Flatusboy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmehring View Post
My 2012 Ti Hatchback with the 6 speed transmission is getting worse as time goes on. I was initially told the same thing by ford that it takes a few thousand miles to break the clutch in but not its gotten to the point where it feels like the car is going to stall. It does it in D and in S. Mine has 20,900 miles.
I bought my 2012 Ti used, had just under 20k miles. I occasionally noticed the shutter from stop, but it was so intermittent that I didn't really mind. I now have almost 27k miles and it has gotten much worse...every stop and really bad on cold mornings.

My usual dealer has failed me a few times in the past, and they are doing the same with this TSB. Called another dealer and they immediately knew about it, how long it would take and set me up an appointment to bring it in.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #2007
rissy51
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118668
What I Drive: 2012,White,Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 rissy51 Good Standing Member
I have to admit I feel the exact same way about my car. I bought my Focus in June 2103, It was a brand new 2012 that I drove off the lot. We also have a Ford Edge that we just love so that is why we stuck with ford when we needed to purchase a new car.

I noticed the stuttering with the transmission as well as the hesitation and contacted the dealership 3 days after I bought it. They told me it was the european transmission and would take a bit to get used to. Ok so 1 year later I am used to the transmission but now we are having major problems with it. We have 20KM on the car so past the breaking in point and It is hesitating all the time, sputtering and seems to be slipping gears. It is also making a very large rattling noise. We had an indicator light come on the one for when you are going down steep hills and we were on a flat straight surface nowhere near a hill.

We call the dealership to book an appointment to have it checked and the serviceman told us on the phone that it is the type of transmission. My husband told him that we have been driving the car for a year now and we know the difference between the way it should be and what is happening with it now.

We took the car in and we have been told that there is nothing wrong with it. My husband to say the least was not happy. He had the dealership write us a detailed letter as to this effect and we will be keeping it in our files. My relpy to this was what do we do with the car in the mean time?

I must admit that I am very disappointed in this and that I do not feel comfortable driving in the car seeing as it feels as though it will stall at anytime and it is sputtering and hesitating all the time. I am very leary when changing lanes because I am not sure it is going to hesitate or not at that moment and then I end up in an accident. I am just waiting for the time it breaks down on the side of the road.

I will be contacting the dealership again to discuss this with them and hopefully we can get somewhere with it. When my husband picked the car up they told him there was nothing more they could do for us.

I am extremely disappointed and my confidence in Ford has been lost. When you buy a brand new car you buy it for a reason. Safety, reliability and the feeling of being the only owner. No I feel nothing by regret and resentment towards a vehicle I should be excited to drive each and every day...
Old 09-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #2008
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
Join the club. I've owned mine 2 1/2mo. 1 1/5mo. of those months it has been in the shop for this same issues. "THAT'S NORMAL" is not the right answer, or truth.

SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET KILLED, AND FORD DOESN'T CARE!!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #2009
Flatusboy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115018
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Hatchback, Platinum White

FF Reputation: 2 Flatusboy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatusboy View Post
I bought my 2012 Ti used, had just under 20k miles. I occasionally noticed the shutter from stop, but it was so intermittent that I didn't really mind. I now have almost 27k miles and it has gotten much worse...every stop and really bad on cold mornings.

My usual dealer has failed me a few times in the past, and they are doing the same with this TSB. Called another dealer and they immediately knew about it, how long it would take and set me up an appointment to bring it in.
Just an update.

Took it in to the dealer this am, with the TSB in hand (so there was no confusion about what I wanted done).

3 hours later I get a call..."Do you want your clutch replaced this weekend, or can you bring it back on Monday?"

Pretty much answer the "it's normal" question.

So far so I'm pretty happy with the new dealer. Not that I didn't mention how upset I was with the previous dealers service dept. :-)
Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #2010
Ford38
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118141
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 Ford38 Good Standing Member
Contact Ford customer relations the number is in your owners manual. That's what I did. They are well aware of this problem and they will help you get help. Be leave me this is not normal.

Bookmarks & Social Networks