00-05 side markers fit a 07??????? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
2007 fordfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106051
What I Drive: 2007 Toreador red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 2007 fordfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
00-05 side markers fit a 07???????

Hi guys I am looking to buy some blacked out side marker lens for my 07 focus... I found a set on ebay and the say they fit a 00-05 will they fit my 07 and also what type of bulb should i use they say they are smoked lens so can i just re-use my stock bulbs????? Are the stock bulbs orange or are the clear ?????? also how hard is it to get to them it looks like i might have to take out the wheel well to get to them????

Thanks any help apprecitated....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
_fifth_
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72683
What I Drive: oh-sicks Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 5 _fifth_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If I'm not mistaken, they should be the same from 05-07. I'm not all that sure about if the older model will fit our years. Someone else on here can help you out with that bit of knowledge.

The stock bulb is clear so you can totally just keep it in there. If you do replace them you'll either have to pull out your headlights and go at them from the top or take your wheels off, remove the liner and get at them that way. Regardless of how you do it, be patient. There is not a lot of room back there to work with. I had to take both my headlights and my wheels off because I'm clumsy as hell and get frustrated super easy.

That all being said, why don't you just get a rattle can of VHT Nightshade and smoke them yourself? You can control how dark they get and if you don't like it, wait a bit and it'll fade away. The downside is since it does tend to fade given enough time, you'll probably have to redo them eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
Yeah, too many hatches. When the sedans take over, all will be good!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
mix1983
Life Is Good

Fan#: 61101
What I Drive: 2000 Honda Civic EX 5spd

FF Reputation: 5 mix1983 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
2000 through 2007 are the same. Use the stock bulbs, they're white (which is why the side marker is amber). If I remember correctly the driver's side is a bit tough to get to but very possible. I seem to remember there being a tank on the driver's side that made it a tight fit.

They're just held on by a hollow nut type fastener that screws onto the plastic of the side marker.

By the time you buy VHT Nite Shades, a set of side markers will be the same price, maybe a couple dollars more. So either way you go you won't be gaining or losing any money. VHT is probably easiest, but I'm not sure how hard it is to get back off if you ever want to go back to stock.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
2007 fordfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Sweet I thought they looked the same ill be sure to order them everything else is blacked out on my car and the bright orange was kinda ruining the look.....lol
Old 06-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Moved to "MK1 Focus".
Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
also, not all of the ones that appear to be blacked out on ebay are actually black. the ones i got have a clear lens but the back/bucket is black. so they look blacked out but are clear, i run an amber light in them.

also, go ahead and run a bead of something along the seal on them before you install. i had an annoying fogging that happened on my; had to take them off, dry them out and then seal them up better

Old 06-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
distroy3d
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85129
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 distroy3d Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sucks to have an 05-07. Seems like a PITA to change the markers. In my 01 there was nothing in the way. I just climbed under and changed it without removing anything. No headlights removed, no wheels or liners removed lol.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Old 06-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
2007 fordfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah I was looking at it today and it did seem like a pain....

Bookmarks & Social Networks