Dont mess with trucks... - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica81 View Post
Yeah, truckers should be mad. Since they get to shed their recapped tires all over the freeway and cause damage to all other vehicles. Oh, and they get to crack my windshield.
I totally agree, and plus I will get up to 80 or 90 to get ahead of a truck by an 1/8th of a mile to avoid the rock chips they ALLWAYS shoot up, and I don't want to cut them off either. think about it....small car vs big truck......whod win?
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #12
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
ah... MK3. makes perfect sense.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54461
What I Drive: 14' PB ST2

FF Reputation: 3 xpeterbilt387x Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXthrizzle05 View Post
I totally agree, and plus I will get up to 80 or 90 to get ahead of a truck by an 1/8th of a mile to avoid the rock chips they ALLWAYS shoot up, and I don't want to cut them off either. think about it....small car vs big truck......whod win?
As a Truck Driver. I can relate to this post! It's terrible and hilarious all at the same time! Why? Because we DO look out for one another. And it makes me happy that you guys posting seem to have a grip on Common sense.

As for the quote, Here's some food for thought. The Focus weighs what? Roughly 3,000lbs? Well when I'm loaded. I weigh upwards of 80,000lbs... Pull out in front of a moving truck that has nowhere to go and stop. Chances are he's going to go THROUGH you... And then some.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #14
CotyM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85558
What I Drive: blue, y2k, 5spd ZX3, zetec inside

FF Reputation: 3 CotyM Good Standing Member
Yeah don't want to mess with trucks... just ask the lady who tried run a stop sign in-front of my dad... Luckily for her he had just taken off and was only going like 45ish 50ish something... Scuffed the chrome on his bumper a little, destroyed her car, and hurt her wrist. Wasn't even a tractor trailer... "Just" a dump truck...

Don't see why you just wouldn't stop to get out of the crowd though, since it was heavy traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
LOL, just like a corolla huh? *ducks and runs*

jkjk
Hatch Nation #32

I'm mad! Your mad! We're all mad here!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #15
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpeterbilt387x View Post
As a Truck Driver. I can relate to this post! It's terrible and hilarious all at the same time! Why? Because we DO look out for one another. And it makes me happy that you guys posting seem to have a grip on Common sense.

As for the quote, Here's some food for thought. The Focus weighs what? Roughly 3,000lbs? Well when I'm loaded. I weigh upwards of 80,000lbs... Pull out in front of a moving truck that has nowhere to go and stop. Chances are he's going to go THROUGH you... And then some.
How about some of you truckers getting tough on the guys driving an 18 wheeler to within a few feet of a cars back bumper trying to scare the car into going faster (in the right lane.) or with traffic in front, but the trucker wants ME to change lanes so he can get ahead....
To me that trucker should be charged with attempted manslaughter.
They think it is funny. If I had a 45 they would no longer be worried.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #16
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
I would like to make one small addition:

ah... MK3 sedan. makes perfect sense.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #17
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
we have those signs all over our highways for leaving safe distance when passing trucks. I've seen folks get pulled over for it too.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #18
#1fordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83143
What I Drive: 2005 white se zx4

FF Reputation: 3 #1fordfan Good Standing Member
The only thing that really bothers me about trucks is the "turtle race". one truck is going 63,the other is going 65. Mister 65 pulls out to pass the "slow" truck and it takes miles to get it done. And god forbid there is a hill during this process!!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
You can thank speed governors for that, no allowance for passing so the faster one has to crawl around...

Ontario Canada (all trucks who travel there) requires speed governed at 67, with typical speedo error that works out to 65 for most. It's been proposed many times for the U.S.. (All U.S. trucks who go there included)

Elizabeth - We hate trucks tailgating as well, the Cowboys get yelled at...
From normal driver's standpoint, we get put in that position often when cars pull in close & then slow down. Usually what they see as a big hole, we see as minimum following distance - once a car jumps in, that distance is gone....

Your government at work - In the latest points system for tracking driver violations, ONE small marker light out counts for more points than a ticket for tailgating... Doesn't promote safety much, does it?

Coty - your dad was lucky, recently a dump truck in my hometown region had an SUV pull out straight across in front of him - same speed - fatality. Many witnesses, no info. yet what distraction may have been involved.

Ah Well, SSDD

Cheers!

S.R. #275

Old 06-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #20
swagfocuswagon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103591
What I Drive: '00 Focus wagon, 96 Cutlass Supreme

FF Reputation: 1 swagfocuswagon Good Standing Member
NOt trying to offend anyone but I just do not like Semi trucks at all. Especially in windy weather when the trailers veer around in there lane while doing 70MPH... Im always afraid to be around them. That and some of them around here shouldnt even be qualified to drive a vehicle that large and heavey.

Bookmarks & Social Networks