Edmunds: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST First Drive - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #51
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Where are these ST Focus sales numbers coming from since 1000 a month sounds a bit high. Since it's been out I don't think that number has hit 4000 total since it's release from some early numbers I saw a few months ago.
I read it in an article. It didn't say that 1000 STs were sold. The article merely said that approximately 5% of all Focus sold were of the ST trim. I then did the math myself: If Ford sells approximatley 20,000 cars a month, then 5% of that is about 1,000 cars. That is actually quite small nationwide, but in my neck of the woods, they are selling relatively well. I've seen 5 STs on the street and my local car dealer sold out on the ones they had in their lot. Granted, it took several months for them to clear out their inventory (6), but as of now, they have none left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #52
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
I priced one of these out, and I ended up coming within 1k of a Focus ST. So I don't really see a point in the Fiesta ST.
Fiesta (Titanium) starting MSRP $18,800
Focus Hatchback starting MSRP $19,200

Nevermind the ST, you probably don't see the point of the Fiesta at all.

It's not uncommon for a fully optioned "lower model" (i.e. Corolla, BMW 3 series, etc.) to overlap the "higher model" (Camry, BMW 5 series, etc.) in price.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #53
BGK
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 16598
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 BGK Good Standing Member
Focus ST initial impressions

Drove the Fiesta ST yesterday on a couple of fast (way under 1 minute!) laps at Ford's Ecoboost challenge at Golden Gate Fields near San Francisco. The Fiesta feels lighter with less torque than the Focus ST (driven at the same event). Only have two big complaints; the Fiesta ST should really have irs, not a beam axle and second, it should be offered in a two door hatch. Car looks great in Moultan Orange Ford engineer said they only have tooling for the four door sedan and hatchback at the plant, but that is a lousy excuse, imo. Sales could be MUCH better if the two door is offered in the US!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->