Kill switch question - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
mix1983
Life Is Good

Fan#: 61101
What I Drive: 2000 Honda Civic EX 5spd

FF Reputation: 5 mix1983 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thanks for the input guys. I won't be putting it in the ashtray, it was just an example. I'm not sure on location yet but I'm pretty sure on what the switch will actually kill.

The switch will just be a layer of security on top of other things. I want it to take too long to steal, and hopefully make the thief uncomfortable about being in the car for too long. Or have him there long enough to get walked up on.

This isn't a bad area as far as crime, but people are getting desperate these days and doing stupid things.

Btw, Mighty Car Mods is awesome.
Because something is probably chasing me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
Miztaken1312
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74993
What I Drive: 2008 Black Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 2 Miztaken1312 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1983 View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I won't be putting it in the ashtray, it was just an example. I'm not sure on location yet but I'm pretty sure on what the switch will actually kill.

The switch will just be a layer of security on top of other things. I want it to take too long to steal, and hopefully make the thief uncomfortable about being in the car for too long. Or have him there long enough to get walked up on.

This isn't a bad area as far as crime, but people are getting desperate these days and doing stupid things.

Btw, Mighty Car Mods is awesome.
Moog's music is epic. Bought most of it on iTunes.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I used to run a Jacob's ignition box, it had a feature with a hidden switch that if you didn't flip that switch within the first 10 seconds of starting the car, the car would misfire and die after running for 30 seconds. The few times I forgot to flip the switch, it worked out just like they said, in an awkward position in a stalled car getting lots of attention.

It would be simple enough to make such a device:
off-delay timer relay
any other NC relay

They are in parallel, the Normally Closed relay is wired to stay energized off it's output after being energized via momentary switch. So the off-delay timer would keep the circuit live for the specified time and drop out, if you haven't hit the button to actuate the other relay, the circuit dies.

Bookmarks & Social Networks