2013 Ford Focus ST lower rear valence - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Village Ford - OEM Ford Parts Superstore

Village Ford - OEM Ford Parts Superstore Get employee pricing and low shipping rates on genuine OEM Ford Focus parts.
Sponsored By: Village Ford


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,163
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageAndy View Post
Sorry I am late to the party. This new computer system is killing us...

The total for the lower valance, both reflectors and both lower grilles is $606.78.
As mentioned, the reflectors make up the majority of the cost @ $194.04 each (must be gold plated)?
So what were the part numbers, and cost for just the lower valance and the two grilles?

I won't need the reflectors as I was able locate the genuine parts from europe directly for much less than what Ford wants for them here.

It's as if they are purposefully trying to discourage people from changing these parts here by putting a punitive pricing structure.

I know you can't control what they are asking for them, but somethings just don't make sense.
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
VillageAndy
FF Affiliate
 
VillageAndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108703
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Kona Blue MK3 Titanium

Posts: 570
FF Reputation: 8 VillageAndy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
So what were the part numbers, and cost for just the lower valance and the two grilles?

I won't need the reflectors as I was able locate the genuine parts from europe directly for much less than what Ford wants for them here.

It's as if they are purposefully trying to discourage people from changing these parts here by putting a punitive pricing structure.

I know you can't control what they are asking for them, but somethings just don't make sense.
The only recourse we have is to do a pricing analysis inquiry and hope that Ford realizes that the price is out of line with the acquisition cost of the part. I'll try on Monday and see if they will see the error in their way and correct it for future customers.
__________________
Andy Kochan
Village Ford Inc
23535 Michigan Ave
Dearborn, MI 48124
Local: 313-565-6891
Toll Free: 1-800-982-7278
VillageAndy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,163
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageAndy View Post
The only recourse we have is to do a pricing analysis inquiry and hope that Ford realizes that the price is out of line with the acquisition cost of the part. I'll try on Monday and see if they will see the error in their way and correct it for future customers.
Subtracting the $194.04*2 from your $606.78 price quote is $218.74 which is not that far out of line with where I was thinking before, but yeah it's parts like the reflectors that would have made me either say no to the whole set of parts, or to have to work around not having the reflectors.

Could you confirm the part numbers for the valance and the two grilles and their availability?

Thanks.
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
disciplerocks
Pushrods
 
disciplerocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Fan#: 59330
Location: Evansville, IN
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

Posts: 9,406
FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
That's not bad minus the reflectors. I found the lower valance, but couldn't find a price on the grills and reflectors.
__________________
04 ZX3 Mostly Stock [3/13 ROTM]["Best Non-SVT" FITF '12][7/14 ROTM]
12 SE Hatch Sport & Winter Package, ST Front End
94 F150 XLT DD
89 Bronco II XLT Well the body is still stock, what's left of it
disciplerocks is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
VillageAndy
FF Affiliate
 
VillageAndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108703
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Kona Blue MK3 Titanium

Posts: 570
FF Reputation: 8 VillageAndy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Subtracting the $194.04*2 from your $606.78 price quote is $218.74 which is not that far out of line with where I was thinking before, but yeah it's parts like the reflectors that would have made me either say no to the whole set of parts, or to have to work around not having the reflectors.

Could you confirm the part numbers for the valance and the two grilles and their availability?

Thanks.
The valance CM5Z-17810-AB is $167.92 and the CM5Z-17765-A / CM5Z-17765-B grilles are $25.39 each.
__________________
Andy Kochan
Village Ford Inc
23535 Michigan Ave
Dearborn, MI 48124
Local: 313-565-6891
Toll Free: 1-800-982-7278
VillageAndy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #16
Kotlkn
Focus Enthusiast
 
Kotlkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 106038
Location: Barrie, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE 5-Door

Posts: 138
FF Reputation: 1 Kotlkn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do you guys ship to Canada. Dealer pricing here is double the prices you are quoting.
Kotlkn is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
VillageAndy
FF Affiliate
 
VillageAndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108703
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Kona Blue MK3 Titanium

Posts: 570
FF Reputation: 8 VillageAndy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
We can ship to Canada through the Post Office.
__________________
Andy Kochan
Village Ford Inc
23535 Michigan Ave
Dearborn, MI 48124
Local: 313-565-6891
Toll Free: 1-800-982-7278
VillageAndy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
Kotlkn
Focus Enthusiast
 
Kotlkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 106038
Location: Barrie, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE 5-Door

Posts: 138
FF Reputation: 1 Kotlkn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageAndy View Post
We can ship to Canada through the Post Office.
Can you PM me pricing for the valance CM5Z-17810-AB and the CM5Z-17765-A / CM5Z-17765-B grilles and shipping to Toronto area. I am really looking to get these parts
Kotlkn is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.