How to unlock SCT flasher from car? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
GBPackFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84314
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 3 GBPackFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
That's not really the nature of these forums...

I just picked one up from a fellow fanatic, we were texting back and forth last night as we both messed around on our respective computers.

3 modes for SCT Xcalibrater 2 or 3 (as far as I know)
Married to your VIN number and ONLY your vin number. If you still have the old one you can return it to stock tuning maps and that leaves you at the second mode->
-Semi Locked
Still assigned to your car. You can visit their website and down load their program Liveload. With your tuner plugged in via USB, you can open the program with the computer and communicate with the SCT box, check the status and unlocks left, and Unlock the box.
-Unused (unlocked)
Ready for reassignment. You can't just plug it in to another car and reap the benefits, though. You need to hit a tuning shop and have a registered SCT dealer assign a tune to your new VIN, or reload a previous tune you already had there

I had one yeeeeears ago, but it ended up getting stolen. Now that I just got an unlocked one from another member; I can go back where I originally had it tuned and they're gonna reload my tunes on the box. In the OP's case: you need to unlock or semi-lock it before getting rid of the old car it's assigned to, and then get the new car tuned and reassigned to the box.
If it's locked down... you WILL need to pay the extra to get it unlocked, though.
I'll give this a try tomorrow evening. I'm picking up an '04 SVT tomorrow to replace my '02. I will see what what happen and report back.
Current love affair: 2004 SVTF #953 (Josephina - pronounced hoe-se-fin-a)
RIP: 2002 SVTF #2358, Sent to graveyard on June 11, 2013. I will always remember the good times we had!!
This car made my hair go gray, and did not care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #12
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkNite713 View Post
If you return the car to stock it will still be paired to the ecu via vin in the programmer because of the sct's last firmware update. Can't transfer unless you pay the unlock fee of $160.
No , if you reload the stock tune file to your car then you can use the Focus xcal Flasher on most any Ford Product up to 5 VIN # then it has to be unlocked for more VIN # most any SCT dealer could do this for you

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 06-07-2013, 01:47 AM   #13
GBPackFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84314
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 3 GBPackFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
No , if you reload the stock tune file to your car then you can use the Focus xcal Flasher on most any Ford Product up to 5 VIN # then it has to be unlocked for more VIN # most any SCT dealer could do this for you

Tom
Tom, check your PM's.
Current love affair: 2004 SVTF #953 (Josephina - pronounced hoe-se-fin-a)
RIP: 2002 SVTF #2358, Sent to graveyard on June 11, 2013. I will always remember the good times we had!!
This car made my hair go gray, and did not care.

Bookmarks & Social Networks