SVT known issues to....... - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #51
revamp
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT4ME
You're completely misunterstanding what I meant by soft and supple - it has nothing to do with the seat's cushioning or ability to hold you in place, it is the quality of the leather itself. It's perfectly possible to have leather that is much softer and more luxurious while still having a firm sport seat.

I realize the Recaro seats have no cloth insert, my question was do the two seats have different GRADES of leather.
Speaking as someone who has had both seats in her car, I feel I am qualified to give an opinion:

Both sets of seats (SVT w/ cloth inserts AND Recaro seats) are made with cheap, low-quality leather.

With this being said, the Recaro seats still rock and were worth all of the aggravation and money it took to get them. The contours of the seats are well above what the standard SVT seats had to offer.

Those of you who say the Recaro seats utilize high-quality leather must have not sat in anything other than vinyl seats before, because the leather used for the recaros is some of the hardest, grainiest leather I have ever seen used in a vehicle. Again, I still love the seats, but they could have benefited from some better-quality, smoother and more supple leather. Also, the sides and back are vinyl, just like the other SVT seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #52
SVTFucus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23680
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SVTFucus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by revamp
Those of you who say the Recaro seats utilize high-quality leather must
Personally....if I wanted to buy racing seats, I'd get the cloth ones as they do hold you better when you are.....RACING. I hate the leather in my Cobra and am getting the '03-04 Cobra seats in about a month b/c they do in fact hold you better under heavy cornering. Just my thoughts.
#2852 of 4788

1997 White SVT Cobra....sure...it's all stock!!!
#4408 of 6971
Old 06-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #53
finalley
Focus Addict

Fan#: 386
What I Drive: 04SVTF, 03SVTF,08F150 4x4, 2013ST3

FF Reputation: 5 finalley Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTFucus
Man....can they not build cars in Mexico??

I'm taking mine in next week to have some warranty(I hope) work done. Gonna try to get:
-new shifter knob(black part on numbers coming off)
-new steering wheel(mine's cracking)
-rattle when I'm starting off in reverse
-coat hanger thingy broke off
-hoodline & firewall liner are fading to an aweful color

wish me luck....
Don't be to hard on the Assemblers cause all they do is assemble what has been designed and purchased for them to assemble...
Old 06-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #54
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTFucus
Personally....if I wanted to buy racing seats, I'd get the cloth ones as they do hold you better when you are.....RACING.
So do safety harnesses.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #55
FlxiblePhantom2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2166
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red ZX3. Her name is Foquesha

FF Reputation: 1 FlxiblePhantom2 Good Standing Member
I don't have an SVT, but I figured I'd chime in on this thread. I have an '03 ZX3 MTX and I can say that at 30,800 miles (knocking on the first piece of wood I can find), the only thing other than oil changes that I've had to do was replace tires (at 28,000 because a body shop put flat spots in them and refused to take responsibility for it) and front brakes just last week. From what I hear 30,500 miles out of OEM brakes is good. I haven't even had to replace a light bulb!

I've come to GREATLY appreciate some of the thoughtful engineering that went into the Focus. I've been told that I notice things that no one else would notice -- and that's most likely true. For example, in the Focus, when the windows are completely closed and you press the window up button, the motor (at least it seems) does not engage. However, in many other cars, notably the Taurus (had a rental recently), if you did that, the motor would engage -- and since it couldn't push the window up, it would push the door panel out -- causing a big creek and a noticeable bulge in the door panel.

My only complaint would be that I wish it were a little bigger, I wish it had a little more power (if I could shimmy a VW 1.8T into this thing, I'd never give it up) and, when I get caught in traffic, I wish I had an automatic.

Just my .02.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:50 PM   #56
pspringe
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have had some of the issues mentioned (clutch, DSI, cat bracket). I have also had an ignition module fail and a power steering pump go out.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #57
2002greenzx3
Not so green zx3

Fan#: 69341
What I Drive: 2010 Mazda3 GT, 1990 Nissan 240sx

FF Reputation: 2 2002greenzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1983 View Post
On a side note, I'm debating between Eibach Pro dampers or Koni yellows to go with my springs.
I have pro dampers. I'm ready to ditch them. Everyone told me eibach struts/shocks were terrible and I should have just got SVT struts/shocks. I should have listened because I'm pretty sure my passenger front is blown. I'll be replacing mine with fully adjustable KYB AGX's.

Sent from my DROID using FF Mobile

DD: 2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring, 6 speed
Project/beater: 1990 Nissan 240sx, 5 speed

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->