Snorkel Delete - Page 27 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #261
focussel12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113865
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL sedan silver

FF Reputation: 1 focussel12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It does work I have a green high performance filter and the responce right out of the light its better the shifting is smoother and mpg wise im still cheking that out I put a tank that same day and still pretty full even dough its the only car in the house so its a good mod and cheap and you can put it back if u want too :0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #262
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tigeo Good Standing Member
I noted on the other Focus site that someone pulled back the shroud on an ST and it doesn't have the snorkel...just the air intake on the radiator support like ours. The air box is the same apparently so this gives weight to the fact that this piece doesn't serve a major purpose other than possibly noise reduction (man...wouldn't it be nice to talk to the engineers at Ford sometimes with questions like this?). Again, gives me some confidence that this is an "ok" mod to do and will not screw anything up. I am not planning on touching the shroud underneith..the ST still has it so how bad can it be? More driving today....sure feels better to me w/o the snorkel...not sure how to describe it but maybe better throttle response captures it.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #263
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #264
Tigeo
Focus Addict

First tank after removing the snorkel and seeing up to 37 mpg on the highway (driving speed limit..between 55 and 70 with cruise). Looks like a ~2 mpg increase at this point. BTW I am using premium fuel.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #265
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
First tank after removing the snorkel and seeing up to 37 mpg on the highway (driving speed limit..between 55 and 70 with cruise). Looks like a ~2 mpg increase at this point. BTW I am using premium fuel.
I would suggest you run a few tanks full (at least 3) before you come to any conclusions.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #266
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
I would suggest you run a few
tanks full (at least 3) before you come to any conclusions.
Agreed, just got excited when I saw numbers I had never been able to get..even just on the trip computer. I drive about 700 miles a week so I should be be to have some meaningfull data soon.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #267
nkasco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97706
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 0 nkasco Newbie
i have been considering this mod for a while... as far as i can tell there are NO drawbacks from doing this?

please correct me if i am wrong...
Old 06-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #268
Tigeo
Focus Addict

None that I can tell...its how the ST comes stock (no long snorkel). I swear I am getting better mpg with it.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #269
MetalMuffins
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107135
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 MetalMuffins Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I just picked up a K&N drop-in today, and was looking for an easy way to get the air from the grill up to the now open hole where the snorkel was. I came up with a decent setup. I didn't want to cut or remove the flap, as I would like to be able to reverse the process if need be (doubt I ever will).

I cut a piece of clear plastic from packaging for something, about 8" by 4", and shimmied it between the bumper cover and the plastic reinforcement under it. I than taped it to the plastic piece that holds the rubber flap. This should hold the flap down in front of the drivers side grill, allowing air into the intake opening.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #270
sekazi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114026
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Ti Tux. Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 sekazi Good Standing Member
I am a little confused on this whole snorkel delete thing.

Does this get removed?

And does this work better if this get removed?

Or can the rubber flaps on the right be folded under and clamped down instead of cut and get the same performance gain?

Images borrowed from here

I have went though every snorkel delete thread and cannot seem to find a definite answer anywhere.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->