Ask your spark plug, wires and coil questions here - Page 45 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #441
riopgtmn
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Fan#: 115219
Location: Baltimore, MD
What I Drive: 02 SVT

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 riopgtmn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Curious,

Has anyone done a 2 or 4 channel CDI with Coil on Plug?

I've done a bit of searching and have not seen this done, or perhaps I'm missing it :)
riopgtmn is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #442
PocusGurl
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Fan#: 119512
Location: san diego, CA
What I Drive: 2002, gun metal, focus

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 PocusGurl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile changing spark plug wires on my focus...help

Hey there. I recently been to the mechanics and paid them almost a grand on some repairs. I just been told that my wires need replacing and the cost will be $172.72! I do NOT want to spend any more money than I have to and I think changing the wires out will not be difficult but I would like some feedback from someone that really knows. My car is a 2002 ford focus zx5 2 liter in line4. Ive got O'reilys for only 33 bucks on the wires which is sweet. Can anyone please help me out here, I would be ever so greatfull!
PocusGurl is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #443
Ralliman
Focus Enthusiast
 
Ralliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99721
Location: Mooresville, NC
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT ZX5

Posts: 149
Points 696, Level 13
Points: 696, Level: 13 Points: 696, Level: 13 Points: 696, Level: 13
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Ralliman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocusGurl View Post
Hey there. I recently been to the mechanics and paid them almost a grand on some repairs. I just been told that my wires need replacing and the cost will be $172.72! I do NOT want to spend any more money than I have to and I think changing the wires out will not be difficult but I would like some feedback from someone that really knows. My car is a 2002 ford focus zx5 2 liter in line4. Ive got O'reilys for only 33 bucks on the wires which is sweet. Can anyone please help me out here, I would be ever so greatfull!
You can get Motorcraft (OEM) wires for that price on Rockauto.com, which I highly recommend for good prices. There are always a lot of options, though, so you need to know what you're looking for.

Motorcraft WR5973 - $25.79 (SOHC)
Motorcraft WR5974 - $29.99 (DOHC)
Ralliman is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #444
QUIGGSVT
Focus Rookie
 
QUIGGSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Fan#: 122873
Location: Wildwood, GA
What I Drive: 2004 InfraRed SVT Focus

Posts: 5
FF Reputation: 1 QUIGGSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone know where to get a decent deal on a stock Motorcraft coil pack?
__________________
2004 Focus SVT Hatch--InfraRed/Red, 118k and counting
2001 Focus ZX3--Red/Black, sister's car (what I'm always working on), 270k and counting

"A pint of sweat will give a gallon of blood, every time." Gen. George S. Patton
QUIGGSVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #445
KY0TE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
KY0TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Fan#: 142049
Location: Tooele, UT
What I Drive: 2004 , CD SILVER ,LOWERED,SVT,3DR

Posts: 31
FF Reputation: 1 KY0TE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So any new wires or plugs out for the SVT ? Getting ready to due a tune up.. Thnx in advance :D
__________________
~04 3DR SVT~
KY0TE is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #446
NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80649
Location: Norwood, Canada
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

Posts: 29
FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Will the coppers work no problem for a stock focus? I have msd super conductors currently with stock double platinums. I never checked the gap last time (silly me) but the plugs and wires now have about 53k miles on them and it has a bit of a rough idle now.

My MSD plug wires look to be fine but I was looking at grabbing the coppers and gapping them to .60 as everyone is saying but is that for the SVT only?

Thanks
__________________
2003 ZX5 MTX: SVT Suspension
1987 GT T-top
NateV8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #447
cheezeus
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105076
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2002 gunmettal ZTS

Posts: 8
FF Reputation: 1 cheezeus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok I know this post is ancient but I hope it's still active ... I've read this whole thread and countless others so it's not for lack of effort , here it goes ... So if the motocraft sp-463's are supposed diritec spark plugs that are reccomended (in this thread) for the Zetec motor will the a103's also work(also duritec)? Also the sp-463's are platnum not copper ... And I'm looking for copper plugs and can't seem to find them for some reason... Thanks in advance

-cheeze
cheezeus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #448
cheezeus
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105076
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2002 gunmettal ZTS

Posts: 8
FF Reputation: 1 cheezeus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV8 View Post
Will the coppers work no problem for a stock focus? I have msd super conductors currently with stock double platinums. I never checked the gap last time (silly me) but the plugs and wires now have about 53k miles on them and it has a bit of a rough idle now.

My MSD plug wires look to be fine but I was looking at grabbing the coppers and gapping them to .60 as everyone is saying but is that for the SVT only?

Thanks
From what I've read in this thread and others on the same topic you should be fine at .06 regardless of motor zetec , duratec , or svt as long as your Na (naturally asperated) if your fi (forced induction (supercharger /turbo)) you have to start closing the gap .04 and lower depending on boost level . also not sure if it was a typo but gap is measured in imperial so .6 would be over 1/2 an inch , hope this helps
-cheeze
cheezeus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #449
sailor
"Elder"
 
sailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Fan#: 57268
Location: Williamsville, NY
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Posts: 13,778
Points 8,910, Level 63
Points: 8,910, Level: 63 Points: 8,910, Level: 63 Points: 8,910, Level: 63
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 69 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezeus View Post
Ok I know this post is ancient but I hope it's still active ... I've read this whole thread and countless others so it's not for lack of effort , here it goes ... So if the motocraft sp-463's are supposed diritec spark plugs that are reccomended (in this thread) for the Zetec motor will the a103's also work(also duritec)? Also the sp-463's are platnum not copper ... And I'm looking for copper plugs and can't seem to find them for some reason... Thanks in advance

-cheeze
SP-463's are for the Zetec engines, as they're all known here in the US - std. or SVT.

A103's, 104's or AR versions are for the Duratec engines, again as we know them here.

Not always in stock everywhere, platinums and other fancier plugs are more common & profitable to sell.

Try to avoid confusion from Zetec & Duratec being used differently in other countries - for example our SVT is equivalent to an ST170 in Europe, and the engine (same as ours) is called a Duratec ST in that model.
__________________
"Rubber Side Down"

S.R. #275
sailor is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #450
VinnyB
Focus Enthusiast
 
VinnyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97705
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
What I Drive: '03 Screaming Yellow EAP

Posts: 215
FF Reputation: 18 VinnyB Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
SP-463's are for the Zetec engines, as they're all known here in the US - std. or SVT.

A103's, 104's or AR versions are for the Duratec engines, again as we know them here.

Not always in stock everywhere, platinums and other fancier plugs are more common & profitable to sell.

Try to avoid confusion from Zetec & Duratec being used differently in other countries - for example our SVT is equivalent to an ST170 in Europe, and the engine (same as ours) is called a Duratec ST in that model.
Whats the difference between the SP-463s and SP-524?

I recently purchased plugs from Advanced, and when looking up what plugs were available (I specifically requested Motorcraft brand) they gave me the 524's.

Did they give me the wrong plug? I'm a little confused here, as I see 2-3 different plug numbers that are mentioned.
VinnyB is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DTC P0351 - Ignition Coil "A". At the end of my rope. superbeast04 General Technical Chat 17 08-20-2012 06:33 PM
SVT Spark Plug Wires and plugs? rfinger SVT Performance (2002-2004) 16 11-28-2007 02:09 PM
svt grill, svt cat, svt plug wires and coil... my 2003SVT Archive 13 11-28-2006 08:43 PM
For Sale: Stock SVT spark plugs, plug wires, and Distributor!! my 2003SVT Archive 4 05-04-2006 02:55 PM
Spark Plug Wires and Grounds Question Oni SVT Performance (2002-2004) 20 01-20-2006 08:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.