Fruit Diets. - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
BlueSEsvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 48460
What I Drive: 2001 Blue Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 BlueSEsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post
Atkins.......

The fruit diet is super high in carbs and sugar.
2nd that. specially if you are overweight or diabetes runs in your family fruit is healthy but contains loads of sugar that no one pays attention to
Sedan Revolution #165
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #12
madisonHQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81165
What I Drive: zx5

FF Reputation: 6 madisonHQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
http://www.myrawrecipe.com/
Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #13
Lia Fiorano
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85925
What I Drive: 2008 Pitch Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Lia Fiorano Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I agree that a lifestyle change will be more beneficial than a diet routine. It's not simply about eating specific types of foods that won't impact weight gain - it's about LEARNING how to eat, LEARNING what to eat and LEARNING how to maintain good health. Humans are omnivores - we require meat and vegetation in order to have healthy bodies. All those supplements and food restrictions were not meant for our bodies to process. Go back to the basics... meat, fish, poultry, eggs, breads, cereals, fruits, vegetables, etc... stay away from the junk. I did this in high school, in addition to maintaining a high intensity work-outs (joined track and ran 6 - 8 miles a day), and went from 150 to 105 in a year. After 2 months, I didn't even have to think about what I was doing. It all became natural.

When I stopped following my diet in college, it was 2 years before I was back up to 150. It was amazing how lasting the lifestyle was. I'm back on it again... after many years of eating junk. So far, I haven't lost a ton of weight, but I feel better already. And I don't crave sugar or junk food - which was the biggest obstacle. Telling myself I didn't need it was harder than reasoning with myself and saying a little won't hurt. An intial 10lbs was lost in the two weeks that I did that. Now it's all maintaining and work-outs.

But good luck in whatever you do! The idea, I'm assuming, is that you'll be healthier in the end.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #14
Hoklo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114922
What I Drive: 2012, black, ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Hoklo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I dont think so that dieting is the solution of loosing weight. Only ten peoples loss their weight out of one hundred. We just eat normal diet like fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy item and do some proper walk after eating. That's enough for a healthy person.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #15
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 9 Joeywhat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
What I've found worked best was to take a couple weeks and experiment with healthier foods. I've not only found that healthy foods can taste great, but that they can sometimes taste better then unhealthy processed foods.

Whole grain (steel cut) oatmeal? Freakin' delicious. Put a small amount of maple syrup for a little extra sweetness if you desire. Real brown rice (and not the instant crap)? Again, freakin' delicious. I only eat white rice with sushi now. Cauliflower? Perfect replacement for potatoes. They're great mashed, and I also like them roasted with a little butter and olive oil with real parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs.

Anyways, the point is that a lot of people fail because they think they need to eat food that doesn't taste good. While I still like a fair amount of sweets (which can be problematic as there typically aren't many good replacements for that...), I've replaced a LOT of the processed foods with healthier alternatives, and they taste better. I think many folks just don't know how to prepare healthy food that tastes good, so they end up only eating the off the shelf "health food" crap, which tastes like butthole.
Hatch Nation #29

Bookmarks & Social Networks