Class Action Lawsuit for DCT issues - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #41
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
I think Ford is getting the point, I am noticing that some posts I made on this site are getting deleted now, obviously they do not like all the bad press.

This site only represents a small amount of owners, many do not even frequent forums for cars. I can imagine the disgust is growing day by day.

I will probably suffer well with my car till I get enough equity in it, then dump it, probably for another Ford because in a year nobody else will touch it when they find out it has a DCT.
Ford might be getting the point but they seem to have an unsolvable problem on their hands, several thousand cars on the road that they don't know how to fix.

I see now why my dealer was trying to talk me into a manual; which I don't want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
For those who are having DCT issues, it would seem to be in your best interest to file the lawsuit. Otherwise, your only remedy is to continue to post rants on this forum. I don't see how that is helping the cause.
I might just sell the car and be done with it since I have quite a bit of equity already and don't want to have to deal with the attorneys or Ford. To put it plainly, I simply don't have time for this crap.

It's funny, mine drove fine this morning on the way to work yet it's been crappy the last few days. I swear the car is bipolar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #42
FocusTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102567
What I Drive: Black 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FocusTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
It's funny, mine drove fine this morning on the way to work yet it's been crappy the last few days. I swear the car is bipolar.
It knows that you are thinking of selling it.

Future Mods: Coilovers, End-Links, Tune, and Brakes
Old 05-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #43
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 9 valmundo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Give it time you might be joining the ranks as well, besides it's best to let prospective buyers know what to expect and to:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
If my tranny starts acting up like it has for some of you guys, I won't be posting rants here, trust me. I have been checking this site for almost the whole two years I have owned my car and I have yet to see how these rants are helping your cause. I have seen folks get fed up and move on and I have seen some file lemon laws resulting in Ford buying their cars back...that could also be another option.

Finally, the day Focus sales tank will I believe the rants posted here are effective as far as warning potential buyers.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #44
Tjrommel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114674
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford white Sedan 5M

FF Reputation: 1 Tjrommel Good Standing Member
I am not too familiar with the DCT issues however they cannot be worse than the AX4N... The DCT is a revolutionary idea however like all new items it will have hickups. Where I live, I see at least 10 different Focii on my commute to and from work all with the DCT. Though, I was doing research on the focus before I bought mine and read about the issues and chose the MTX-75. It sucks that you all are getting the "lemons" but in my opinion the MTX-75 should have been the only option for a few years or the previous automatic from mk2's. They should have used the DCT in fleet cars due to the extreme warranty they offer that way they could have gotten their stuff together before releasing to the general population. That's my .02 at least, sorry to hear about all your issues though
Old 05-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #45
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
If my tranny starts acting up like it has for some of you guys, I won't be posting rants here, trust me. I have been checking this site for almost the whole two years I have owned my car and I have yet to see how these rants are helping your cause. I have seen folks get fed up and move on and I have seen some file lemon laws resulting in Ford buying their cars back...that could also be another option.

Finally, the day Focus sales tank will I believe the rants posted here are effective as far as warning potential buyers.
"The squeaky wheel gets the grease", silence is not golden in case of Ford or the way they and the dealer network act with regards to the DCT. Just filing a complaint or a lemon does not always give satisfaction or fix the problem. That's the thing, and I am speaking for myself here, I like my car but hate the transmission. I do not want any money I just want it resolved so I can enjoy my ride.

If I read what I am experience now prior, I would never have bought the car to begin with. I was too presuming with this car and did not dig deep enough into the negative issues with the transmission which in my case is 95% of my complaints with the car.

No, my feelings on Ford were great seeing my wife got a 2011 Fusion two years ago, of course I told her to lease it because it was the first step back into a domestic in years, I was like wow this Fusion is a nice car! No issues 2 years later, nice to drive and etc, get's 35 MPG on a drive from Naples to Weston on Alligator Alley with ease, 28 MPG around town. Can't complain, it's joy to drive and is a great car. My Focus though is not.

When the new Fusion came out, I was like nice, but nope I wanted a hot hatch, something that had better fuel economy, I was eyeing the Focus up 2 years ago and waited. Loved the options on the Titanium Focus for the price, the Fusion Titanium was more than I wanted to finance. I could have leased but I was like nah, I want to keep it longer than 3 years and always financed.

Now looking back, I look at my options that I passed and wish I could do it over again. Even if I got a manual equipped Focus or Focus ST, or a C-Max or Fusion, I would still feel bad for those who were suffering with the DCT issues, but it makes it more of a cause when your also suffering through it.

Like they say about anything, you wouldn't understand unless it was happening to you.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #46
henryd1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114338
What I Drive: 2013 Black Focus SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 henryd1981 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Did a little research and found out that this lawsuit was tossed out earlier this year.

Anyway, I've read some of the complains people have about the DCT. I've only had mine about 3 weeks and haven't had any real troubles with it. Time will tell if problems develop or if it just goes about its business. I'm hoping for the latter.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #47
tmtex
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110584
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE - 2005 F150 4x4

FF Reputation: 1 tmtex Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
6K and running strong. No probs at all. I think its all how you drive it. I did something at a light once where as I tapped the gas semi hard twice and it bucked liked a wild horse. Now I pretend its a stick with no clutch. No issues. Average MPG 32-36. Have hit 42 on a long drive on the HWY. Much better then my truck at 12mpg. BTW I love having a trunk. Never owned one before. I have found myself staring at it at times for a few minutes LOL.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #48
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2012 Ti nearing 11k miles, never had an issue with mine. Ford sold over a MILLION Foci last year, certainly some of them have issues but not the numbers some of you are claiming here.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #49
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 9 valmundo Good Standing Member
Quote:
"The squeaky wheel gets the grease", silence is not golden in case of Ford or the way they and the dealer network act with regards to the DCT. Just filing a complaint or a lemon does not always give satisfaction or fix the problem. That's the thing, and I am speaking for myself here, I like my car but hate the transmission. I do not want any money I just want it resolved so I can enjoy my ride.

If I read what I am experience now prior, I would never have bought the car to begin with. I was too presuming with this car and did not dig deep enough into the negative issues with the transmission which in my case is 95% of my complaints with the car.

No, my feelings on Ford were great seeing my wife got a 2011 Fusion two years ago, of course I told her to lease it because it was the first step back into a domestic in years, I was like wow this Fusion is a nice car! No issues 2 years later, nice to drive and etc, get's 35 MPG on a drive from Naples to Weston on Alligator Alley with ease, 28 MPG around town. Can't complain, it's joy to drive and is a great car. My Focus though is not.

When the new Fusion came out, I was like nice, but nope I wanted a hot hatch, something that had better fuel economy, I was eyeing the Focus up 2 years ago and waited. Loved the options on the Titanium Focus for the price, the Fusion Titanium was more than I wanted to finance. I could have leased but I was like nah, I want to keep it longer than 3 years and always financed.

Now looking back, I look at my options that I passed and wish I could do it over again. Even if I got a manual equipped Focus or Focus ST, or a C-Max or Fusion, I would still feel bad for those who were suffering with the DCT issues, but it makes it more of a cause when your also suffering through it.

Like they say about anything, you wouldn't understand unless it was happening to you.
Just to be clear, I am in no way discounting the problems you are having with your car. I think it is well documented that folks here are having issues. I just think that the subject of this thread (filing a class action lawsuit) should really be considered by the folks who adamantly believe they are being ignored rather than just coming on this site to lament on the purchase of their car.

The DCT behaves differently than a conventional transmission. However, some here think that answer is unacceptable (and perhaps rightfully so). I can't say anything about that simply because my car runs perfectly. However, if all you are going to do is post multiple comments on the travesty that is your car, I just don't see that as being productive. I guess its just a difference of opinion.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #50
picus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100413
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 2 picus Good Standing Member
Sorry, you're going to hate me; but can someone bullet point the issues with the DCT? On my last car (also a DCT but not a Ford) there were plenty of problems but they were more annoying than game breaking. On my current car (2012 Focus DCT) I have ~41k in less than a year, no issues...knock on wood.

Bookmarks & Social Networks