Coilover Suspensions currently available - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
PCA-1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109495
What I Drive: 2002 Focus ZTW

Points 1,717, Level 24
Points: 1,717, Level: 24 Points: 1,717, Level: 24 Points: 1,717, Level: 24
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 PCA-1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Coilover Suspensions currently available

Note: See post #4 for the 05/23/13 update.

As of 5/22/13:

I thought it would be a good idea to clear the air about what folks may be finding online for their MK3 2013 Focus ST.

Despite internet listings found in Europe and perhaps elsewhere, there are only 2 coilover sets currently available, the H&R height adjustable set sold by FSWERKS and the KW V3 Sold by Perfect Circle Autosport among others.

I have been in touch with KONI, and there is nothing on the books at this point. "call back in a couple of months"
I have been in touch with the NA Bilstein rep, and their kit, the PS 14, part number 47-2342952 is "in preparation" and is not be available. ETA is late late September, early October.
I have been in touch with KW and the only kit they make is the V3 which is fully adjustable, height/dampening (rebound and compression). KW does not have on the books any other kits.
I have been in touch with Eibach. Currently they show a part number in development. There is no ETA or even guarantee there will be a kit made. While fifteen52 has a one off set of Eibach coilovers built for them, they may purchase units for sale under the fifteen52 label. This was pure conjecture on the part of the rep. Should fifteen52 market a set of coilovers for the ST in the future, chances are they will be Eibach units.
I have been in touch with KSport. No part number, not aware of any development. Might be occuring, but no final product to talk about.

In this forum, just today, it was debunked that Pumaspeed is selling a Bilstein PS14 kit for the MKIII Focus ST. Turns out this kit is not for the 2013 ST, but for the last gen ST225.
I have been told (not verified myself) there are sites selling KW V1 and KW V2 kits for the 2013 Focus ST. As eluded to earlier, these kits do not exist.

As to warranty in general, if you buy in Europe, you have to send it back there for repair. The exception is KW. If you purchase from Europe, and live here in the US, use the product in the US, the warranty is voided. So do yourself a favor when it comes to KW products, make sure you buy them in the USA to receive their lifetime warranty. H@R offers a lifetime warranty on manufacturer defects.

With all that being said, if all you want/need is a height adjustable kit, and you are in the market for this summer, by all means seriously consider buying set of H@R coilovers from FSWERKS. If you want a higher end use, height and dampening coilovers, buy the KW Variant 3's from Perfect Circle Autosport ;).

As I have not covered other manufacturers, if anything, check with the manufacturer for availability and warranty information. It appears some shops outside the US do not have their facts straight and the last thing you want to do is pull apart your car only to find out you have the wrong parts and have to deal with an oversees shop to get it all straightened out.

Any questions, I am more than happy to assist in any way I can.

Last edited by PCA-1; 05-23-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
PCA-1
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,717, Level 24
Level Up 17% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Here is what I am referring to. The KW kits are the only onee of the four that truly exists and they could be the wrong part number as well.

Last edited by PCA-1; 05-23-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
PCA-1
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,717, Level 24
Level Up 17% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Seems the more I look the worse it gets. Appears many shops are listing 2012 + coilovers as 2013 Focus ST coilovers...
Old 05-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
PCA-1
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,717, Level 24
Level Up 17% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Update 5/23/13:

I feel like I should open a "part detective" service.

Some things stayed the same:
The Eibach kit doesn't exist, yet anyway.
The Bilstein PS 14 kit is "in preparation", ETA September/October.
Koni still has nothing on the books.
KSport, no change.

The change has to do with KW. I have spoken to 3 separate individuals the last 2 days. The first 2 vehemently confirmed the only kit for the ST was a V3. Today,
I spoke to a yet different guy who at first, like the others, said the V3 was the only kit available. We had a rather lengthy conversation, as I was thinking companies were utilizing 2012+ Focus kits as all inclusive part numbers applied to the 2013 ST. In essence I was determined to find out what was going on and what would be the case should 2012 kits be used on the ST. The tech did not have access to the spec diagrams to compare the 2012+ suspension to the 2013 ST suspension. something he said would take a few days to request from Germany.

At this point in the conversation, we are still under the "V3"is the only kit available speek. I asked if the 2012 kits fit the ST, what would be the difference. In general he said if the parts fit, they front spring rate would be lower on the 2012 kit, the rear springs are progressive on the 2012 kits whereas linear on the ST kits and increased stiffness. IIRC he said the ST rear springs were 350lbs...don't quote me on that. the valving would be different as well. So, as expected, the ST kit would be appropriately designed specifically for the ST's combination of increased performance parameters.

Then the heavens opened and an epiphany beheld us both, the tech, looking back through his emails stumbled upon a part number for a V1 kit specifically for the ST.
Even better, it was in stock. So a bit of persistence went a long way with KW as they are now ensuring the correct part numbers are being used out in the field.
I should have pricing by tomorrow on the ST V1 kit, pn 10230059. The V3 kit is still pn 35230059. Any kit ending in 57 is for the standard 2012+ Focus.

So there you have it. Eibach: No; Koni:No; KSport: NO; Bilstein: PS14 ETA Late September/mid October; KW V1 and V3 available now.

Of course we are looking at a time stamp, so in the future I expect more entrants. In the case of a new entrant or Koni, Eibach, and to a lesser extent Bilstein, call the manufacturer and make sure the product is for the ST, not the 2012+ including the ST. The ST rightly requires components matched to it's capabilities which we all know are well beyond a non-ST Focus.

Amen.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.