Class Action Lawsuit for DCT issues - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
the problem with documenting DCT issues is the apparent difficulty in getting local dealerships to actually acknowledge specific issues on a consistent basis

the only source for documented "problems" with the dct would be to survey dealerships...in many cases it at least appears that owners are having difficulty getting ford and the dealers to acknowledge that problem exists

from my own personal experience, transmission problems are very real but inconsistent and sporadic...the one time i had a complete transmission slip where i lost power to the drivetrain i took it to the dealer and they couldn't detect any problems or codes

it seems as if in most cases customers have had to do some real arm-twisting to get any significant repairs made...and even then it appears major replacement of parts have not proven to be a long-term fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
It's not like there are 2 threads on here about transmission issues. The hundreds of users having problems that posted on this website should be enough substantial evidence for someone to do something.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
Aerodax
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106940
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Aerodax Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
I don't think the purpose of the class action (in this case) is to make a profit. Instead, I suspect the reasoning would be to force Ford to acknowledge the issues, to take them seriously, and to find and implement a resolution for them.

In MANY cases, a large company like FoMoCo can easily ignore (or just blow off) singleton consumers, but when those consumers gather into a group (or class), the combined weight (and threatened penalties) force recognition.

As well, it could get the attention of various government attorney's who would then pursue the same issues from a non-civil standpoint. For example, if its proven that Ford has known about DCT issues but failed to reveal those issues to customers, they would be guilty of violating multiple consumer protection and unfair trade acts in many (most?) US states; guilty of violating various warranty related laws at both the state and federal level, etc. Ford knows this, so if a class is created, I'd be willing that Ford suddenly becomes much more proactive to resolve any issue.

Currently, it APPEARS that ford is willing to try and ignore the issues in hopes that they'll either go away, or that the issue won't reach the courts before warranty limits expire.
Ya, if a case is formed I know for sure I'm pushing for a subponia of my service tech, who called me on his cell phone and told me Ford is purposfully ignoreing the issue. When I went through abritration they would not subponia him after he refused to attend the hearing for fear of losing his job.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Hmmmm??????

"Why There’s No Powershift Option On The Ford Fiesta Ecoboost"

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...esta-ecoboost/
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodax View Post
What would need to be done to get the ball rolling?
A lobotomy.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
I don't know any lawyers but I did watch My cousin Vinny at a holiday Inn last night !
Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Why don't we all learn from history........

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/25/a...6-a4-failures/

http://www.chicagobusinesslitigation...tion_clai.html
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Why don't we all learn from history........
That's an argument in favor of a class action, right? Both links are from the same case, and (from a consumer point of view) the entire thing can be summarized as:
Quote:
What matters most to affected Audi owners is that the settlement bumps many parts of the original powertrain coverage (e.g., transmission control modules) from 4 years/50,000 miles to 10 years/100,000 miles for the original owner, and it will reimburse owners who paid for specific repairs if they occurred within the extended warranty coverage. The agreement also includes trade-in reimbursements for lost value if the vehicle was sold or traded with no repair.
Sure, some law firm made a small fortune from the case. However, the consumers ALSO win. THAT is the purpose of a class action, and THAT is why I can't understand why some people are so opposed to it. Do you really think Audi would have just decided to be nice to consumers one day and made that offer out of the goodness of their heart?

Does ANYONE here think that, unless done as part of a lawsuit, Ford would offer to extend the warranties of all Mk3 owners to 10 years, AND reimburse owners for repair costs outside of original warranty periods, AND reimburse consumers for diminished value of trade-ins due to the DCT issues?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #19
Aerodax
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
It's not about money. It's about having to deal with a crappy car that Ford won't fix.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #20
Aerodax
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
A lobotomy.
Not helpful. Nice quote btw.

Bookmarks & Social Networks