2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities. - Page 29 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #281
Elchess
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97271
What I Drive: Peugeot 307 restyle, Focus MK3 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Elchess Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hands down for any android one, it has more gps software easy to fit and update capabilities, also you can downlad a lot of software using ur android base mobile that will fit. Ihave had a hard time getting the win ce based unit to run gps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #282
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka View Post
I am looking to purchase a 2012 SE and most of the ones I have seen don't have the sync stuff. Which is fine but I want something and I have been reading this thread this weekend and it has been great information.

It has been a couple months since Blarson's last post so I wanted to spin this up again as I have seen some more options out there.

Tyso USA - $480 with backup camera
Windows CE OS, good pics on amazon site, looks pretty OEM.
Camera looks huge in the pic so not sure where that goes on the car since I dont have a focus yet :)

Android $544
Saw this posted earlier in the thread but no responses to it.

Koolertron - $469
No other info on this unit

Movewell - $495
one amazonreview with US car had issues with it working may only work with Euro models, dunno, ill probably pass

Metra Kit - $160
Just a dash kit that allows you to install any unit you want.

Otto Navi - $517
Not a ton of info on the amazon site

TF6015A - tradesolution $480
Does lis additional prices in description for some things im not sure what they are.
Built in Digital TV option
DVB-T(MPEG2):$40 USD
ISDB-T(One Seg):$45 USD
TMC option :$25 USD
Wifi USB Dongle , 3G USB Dongle Modem included

Another $350
Does list 4x60W amp vs most others ive seen are 50W. not that means much in terms of quality.
The review of the movewell unit on amazon is me. That unit would not even turn on for me. As far as my experience is concerned all of these Chinese units are nearly identical with a few minor differences. I have personally tried two with poor success.

As far as a CANBUS adapter, I spoke to a member of this forum who has a euro spec focus and is running one of these systems successfully with no CANBUS adapter.

The only one I'm not sure about is the last one on your list as it looks different than all the others. But if it looks like the movewell or the kooltron or the newerstone, they are basically the same thing at different prices. Although one turned on and functioned, while the other did not, so there may just be a slight difference which will make one work perfect with our American cars?? Idk??

If there was a good android system id head that direction. But I'm done spending hundreds of dollars to experiment with these units. It was a hassle and a big let down. I hope something new and good comes out soon. Good luck. Pm me with any questions.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #283
mk3WA
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113174
What I Drive: 2014 5m Focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 mk3WA Good Standing Member
This thread is right up my alley, but I still haven't been able to ascertain how or if it would be possible to simply adapt a standard HU with Sync and the slightly nicer LCD to a non-Sync basic SE Focus. An aftermarket with screen would be ok, but really I just want an upgrade like the one below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-SING...4eaf6c&vxp=mtr
Old 05-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #284
chasmyer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114318
What I Drive: 2012 Charcoal Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 chasmyer Good Standing Member
I bought and installed one of the head units from China.....can't get it to work. Flashers work, door locks work but the unit won't turn on.....I love the look of it but not sure what the issue is.....ideas????
Old 05-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #285
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyer View Post
I bought and installed one of the head units from China.....can't get it to work. Flashers work, door locks work but the unit won't turn on.....I love the look of it but not sure what the issue is.....ideas????
Which one did you buy? I had the exact same issue with the "movewell" unit sold on amazon. The lock unlock and hazard buttons worked but the rest of the unit was completely dead. After weeks of sending pictures emails and testing the unit, I sent it back. They then emailed me and said it powered right up. Very frustrating. I am pretty sure all of their development for these units were done on the euro spec cars which must be different in some way. I hope you can figure it out and get it to work, but I had no such success. My advise, don't wast almost a month of time with the company like I did and just send it back Monday. You can PM me with any other q's. I think I am one of the few if not the only guy who has tried two different Chinese units(both failed, one more than the other).

Knowing how these Chinese companies work they probably sent you my old unit. Lol

Last edited by BLarson; 05-05-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #286
Magnesium
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113631
What I Drive: 2013 White Hatchback Titanium 1.0

FF Reputation: 1 Magnesium Good Standing Member
I have carefully read this thread, and it is interesting.
The Chinese equipment look great, but are very risky, there is always something that does not work.
I live in Europe and I have a European spec Focus, but I wonder if for you who live in North America, would not be easier to buy an OEM used full unit at a junkyard?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #287
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
I have carefully read this thread, and it is interesting.
The Chinese equipment look great, but are very risky, there is always something that does not work.
I live in Europe and I have a European spec Focus, but I wonder if for you who live in North America, would not be easier to buy an OEM used full unit at a junkyard?
There are a few members on here who are successfully running the Chinese units in Europe. So they should work well for you!

I'd buy a MFT unit if I could find a decent one for a good price. They arnt too easy to find.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #288
SCaliber
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109205
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus

FF Reputation: 1 SCaliber Good Standing Member
I really want the Metra and the Kenwood HU that works with Sync, but the fact the Metra unit is red/orange really has me backing away... booo
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #289
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyrna View Post
I had adapt OEM navigation system to my 2012 Focus.
Google Maps, Power Amp, and Focus Fanatics web site on MFT display via WiFi connection.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #290
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

FF Reputation: 11 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Google Maps, Power Amp, and Focus Fanatics web site on MFT display via WiFi connection.

Looks great Nexus 7 in the MFT HU?

SC#8 HN168
uɐıןɐɹʇs,

Bookmarks & Social Networks