Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 185 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #1841
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

Points 2,930, Level 33
Points: 2,930, Level: 33 Points: 2,930, Level: 33 Points: 2,930, Level: 33
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 3 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I actually got mine for ~18.9K+taxes/DMV/etc.; Ingot Silver SE HB, manual, 201a, moonroof, winter package. Sounds like those prices are reasonable.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #1842
yourmom8it
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101421
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 yourmom8it Good Standing Member
I'm looking to get my first new car, which would be a '13 ST. Probably the ST3 since I love the HID lights and I like everything else. I'm still in college, but can afford the monthly payment. Zip: 49546 I would like black with the two-toned blue seats. I wouldn't mind driving a couple hours to purchase it. the net price building it on fords website is 27,775 with the two tone seats, and 29,825 for the hid package. Would I be able to get the blue two-tone seats with the HID lights, and not the navigation? I don't really know how this works. Email : yourmom9119@hotmail.com
Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #1843
TheFocused
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114748
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Sedan S

FF Reputation: 1 TheFocused Good Standing Member
I was told the basic model s does not qualify for the grad program, is this true? or does it vary dealer to dealer? I got a really really good deal on my 2013. Total drive out was 14410, im not complaining but i want to be sure I was told the truth
Old 05-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #1844
izzzzz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114828
What I Drive: I ride Da Bus

FF Reputation: 1 izzzzz Good Standing Member
Hello everyone! I have a little bit of a different situation than most and would like some opinions on the different aspects. The short of it all is that I am going to be relocating from Honolulu to Charleston, SC some time at the end of June or beginning of July (I dont have a date settled on yet...) and I am about 95% sure that unless some great offer comes on a used car between then and now I want a new Focus HB (SE or Titanium).

My only requirement is a manual. Is the Sony/Nav really worth the upgrade cost? I feel like I want it because I like the tech behind it, but it increases the cost like $5000 adding lots of other options I dont care about. Then again I dont really want to go after market either, ha. I would like a moonroof, but again I can take it or leave it. Basically what I am getting at is I am super flexible, especially for the right price. I want the best bang for my buck (who doesnt, right?).

Here is where my situation gets a little more interesting. First, I am fairly flexible with where I can pick up the car. Im going to be flying from HNL and would not be against stopping somewhere and driving the rest of the way to Charleston (Ive been on a 30 mile rock for three years). I would have to get a deal worth my while if it was a significant difference but I would entertain the idea. Not sure how buying a car out of state is but seems like its not really much of a pain.

Also, since I wont be leaving for at least a month, should I hold off on thinking about purchasing? It seems like the incentives are pretty good right now, will they get better/worse? If the price was right, any idea how long a dealer would hold it?

Thanks in advance for help you can provide. To give an example of a couple cars Im looking at, here are links of what I think are pretty good deals. (Even when adding in freight/processing fee)

Focus Titanium

SE

Email: gfginter@gmail.com
Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #1845
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Points 2,930, Level 33
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
I would avoid MFT and I think your decision to go with a manual is wise. The MFT and the DCT (auto) seem to be the bulk of the complaints about the Focus. I went with an SE manual but got it "loaded" and couldn't be happier.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #1846
izzzzz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114828
What I Drive: I ride Da Bus

FF Reputation: 1 izzzzz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
I would avoid MFT and I think your decision to go with a manual is wise. The MFT and the DCT (auto) seem to be the bulk of the complaints about the Focus. I went with an SE manual but got it "loaded" and couldn't be happier.
Is the MFT that bad? I have a buddy who has a Focus and he says that its gotten much better. Yeah the reason I want the manual is because of the problems I read about them (which I test drove and confirmed, its weird), and I dont want to pay 1000 dollars for something I dont even want.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #1847
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Points 2,930, Level 33
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzzzz View Post
Is the MFT that bad? I have a buddy who has a Focus and he says that its gotten much better. Yeah the reason I want the manual is because of the problems I read about them (which I test drove and confirmed, its weird), and I dont want to pay 1000 dollars for something I dont even want.
I have a friend with a Flex that has the MFT, he was adamant about telling me how much he disliked it. That, with all of the stuff I read, just pointed to a big "no" for me. I just don't need that much automation anyway..the standard Sync with My Ford is GREAT and plenty for me.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #1848
mattvrablik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114314
What I Drive: 2013 SE HB w/ 5sp & Appearance Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 mattvrablik Good Standing Member
I would agree with the concerns about MFT. I mean, some people really like what you can do with the platform, and it does have potential. But I've also read about people having to 'reboot' their car for MFT to start working again, and I don't trust something which tends to distract me from watching the road, as well as making it more complex to change the temperature.

I just bought an SE HB with the 5speed and Appearance Package. That's all I wanted. Heck, if the sport package was still available, I might ha considered skipping the leather. But my car has knobs for climate control, and I like that simplicity and immediacy...and less likely to break!

I finally got a good deal, btw. Was tempted to special order just the color I wanted (race red) but I realized that dealers were not going to commit to a price on a future car, not knowing rebates (and, of course, probably knowing that I wanted it enough to pay a bit more :). So I finally located just what I wanted in silver, at a dealer that had several manuals...more than they needed...17875+tax+registration+doc fees...even with all the taxes, it was a great deal.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #1849
girliee72
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115195
What I Drive: 2005 ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 girliee72 Good Standing Member
i have a ford focus2005 and there is day when i drive i hear a clicking noise under my steering wheel and the radio will reset it self and when i pull over and turn it off i have to wait until the radio reset then it will start back up and when the clicking start my light all start to flicker
Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #1850
Chambo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114379
What I Drive: 2013, Tuxedo Black, Tit. Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Chambo Good Standing Member
Imccrea, you are a huge help! thank you for answering so many questions for everybody. I have read through most of the thread and just wanted to clarify about using the z plan on a 2013 Focus Titanium Hatchback. I have read about dealers only being allowed to charge a $75 document fee. That is true correct? I Live in Michigan cuz I think certain states are different. I found this equation per say on the fusion website. does this look correct to you? I know this is x plan, but it would work the same correct?

The Initial X-Plan Price (it is listed on the Invoice, in a box labeled "X-Plan Price", which the Dealer is required to show you)
- Your Trade-in vehicles value (if you have a Trade-in)
= Subtotal
+ Any Dealer installed options or Extended Service Plan (agreed upon by you)
= Subtotal
+ State and Local Sales Taxes
= Subtotal
- Any Incentives and Rebates you qualify for
= Subtotal
+ a $75 maximum "Documentation Fee"
= Subtotal
+ Title and Registration
= Your Final X-Plan Price

so in other words, they are only able to charge a $75 doc fee? Like the are not able to tack on a marketing or administrative fee or anything like that correct?

Thanks for your help!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.